The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Asmodus Zesthia RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by madstabber, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Thank you for the picture! It will arrive on Monday. Thanks for offering to take more if I need it, hugs! I’ll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Please do. I am anxiously waiting to see what you think. I rarely make recommendations so feel like I went out a limb but I love the tank SO much and just don't hear much about it. My fingers are tightly crossed. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Your pics of “Goldie with your Zesthia pushed me over the edge :wub: simply gorgeous & if you didn’t love it so much I wouldn’t of heard of it yet, as you mentioned there’s only 2 YouTube vids 3 if you count Asmodus’s vid.

I’ll definitely let you know :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Vaping with Vic has a review on this tank out that I just seen. The way he wicks in his review is the way I have been doing it that seems to work well. I’ve been using rayon and was told to keep the coil tight and thin out the tails. When I do that I had too much wick for the holes so I had to thin it out. They way he shows in the video is what I resorted to that worked nicely. He’s using cotton so I guess it doesn’t matter what material you are using it works with both. Another thanks to @PJReid for her help and guidance she’s provided and this tank has made me very happy as I enjoy my flavor and this tank has provided it.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    That is a VERY entertaining video. I LOL'd quite a bit watching it. I disagree with him that this tank is tricky to wick. I haven't found that to be the case at all. I like the AF personally and he explained it better than I have seen anyone else explain it. He also did a good job of making it clearer how the Zesthia has completely flown under the radar. I am an Asmodus mod fan, and have liked their FB page because the pretty pictures of the gorgeous mods make me happy. :) It was in one of their FB posts that I first saw the Zesthia and went on the hunt for it. I am not a high wattage vaper, so will never crank it up to 90 watts. 45 watts is about where I stay, depending on the ohms of the coil.

One thing I have noticed about this tank as opposed to the Crius II (my other current favorite) or the Zeus is that the vape never gets harsh after a few long pulls. That has to be in the AF, or I am guessing it is.

I messaged them about a rainbow version. That would really make me happy. If Vic is right, and they are reworking the AF (which I don't think it needs but that is me,) maybe I will have to wait for that before I get a rainbow. Asmodus makes a beautiful rainbow RDA. Prettiest rainbow I have seen.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  6. madstabber

I’d agree with you that it’s not hard to wick considering that this is my first RTA and I’ve tried two coils and only the second coil I went light on the rayon which caused wicking problems so I rewicked it with success. So I’ve wicked it three times and only had problems once. Now I’m pretty confident I got the wicking down basically doing what he does in the video. Pushing the rayon down starting at the bottom and cutting off the excess on the tails. Piece of cake. Once you get the feel it’s no problem.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Are there any current coupon codes for 8 vape?
    I see they don't have SS in stock...:(

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Not that I am aware of but there is the 10% off new customer coupon.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Thanks, used that one last year.
    Tried a few others I had, no workie.
    They look to be the cheapest, of the few vendors selling it.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    They do. $29.99 is a good price for this tank. If you want the SS though, IDK.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. madstabber

I just wanted to add this tidbit in case anyone else has this problem. I would get leaks when refilling this tank every now and then. Wasn’t sure why, thought maybe airflow was open at first. Just now as I was filling it I tried topping it off and the level would drop and leak all over. If you take a pair of needle nose pliers and put one jaw in one fill hole and one in the other and hold the glass you can tighten the top piece to the chimney that sandwiches the glass. Mine was loose and when I topped off juice would get in the chimney and out the airflow holes causing a mess. Might want to check this when you first get the tank to avoid problems. I should have done this it just isn’t completely obvious when you get the tank and clean it for initial use. Learn from my mistake!!

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. madstabber

EFF52BD6-2245-4BC4-896F-D15056429FB7.jpeg
    @PJReid id just like to thank you for your MVS recommendation on the 810 to 510 adapter. It’s a perfect fit, nice and tight. I also picked up a long skinny 510 drip tip that also fits perfect. So anyone looking to change to a 510 driptip on their Zesthia, myvaporstore has nice adapters for something like $3. Went with the B&W photo in an attempt to be artsy. The digital clock on the mod juxtaposed with the grandfather clock in the background. Soooo artsy.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    It is gorgeous!!!! My adapters came yesterday from FT and they are nice too. I am glad I got the gold ones from MVS because it would have been a long wait had I not.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    I got my Zesthia, but alas I’m sick. I had high hopes on building it today, I gave it a bath & its all ready, perhaps tomorrow. Sorry @PJReid I know you were waiting for my thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. madstabber

In the picture on mvs the adapters had ribbing where it meets the top cap. Mine does not have this, does your? Not a big issue, it would have made it easier to pull out that’s all. The big thing I was worried about was the fit and that’s perfect which was the most important.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I am SO sorry you are sick. Feel better!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Really cool photo!

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Mine looks just like the picture. I bought some additional of the same from FT for a lot less but it took forever for them to arrive, so was happy to spend a bit more to have one in hand. Oh, they are $4.46 for a five pack from FT. The brand is Clrane.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015

• Like Like x 2
  20. madstabber

Ok my bad, I think I was seeing the orings as ribbing. I think this is another issue I’ll blame on my eyesight. Now that I SEE the picture mine is also identical to the picture. Just black

• Like Like x 4