Asmodus Zesthia RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
The deck seems to kind of force the coil height, if that makes any sense. I usually install coils fairly high but this deck is designed for a lower coil. There are air holes under the coil, so that makes for great airflow even with the coil is lower than I am used to.

I took a couple of photos. They are a bit blurry - I should have waited until daylight to do take pictures. I think you can see where the coil is installed in my deck from this picture. The flavor is great, so this works. If you need clearer photos, I can take some more in the daylight.

c716a9c5a29d99445433b6207cced1bb.jpg
Thank you for the picture! It will arrive on Monday. Thanks for offering to take more if I need it, hugs! I’ll let you know.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Please do. I am anxiously waiting to see what you think. I rarely make recommendations so feel like I went out a limb but I love the tank SO much and just don't hear much about it. My fingers are tightly crossed. :)
Your pics of “Goldie with your Zesthia pushed me over the edge :wub: simply gorgeous & if you didn’t love it so much I wouldn’t of heard of it yet, as you mentioned there’s only 2 YouTube vids 3 if you count Asmodus’s vid.

I’ll definitely let you know :)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Vaping with Vic has a review on this tank out that I just seen. The way he wicks in his review is the way I have been doing it that seems to work well. I’ve been using rayon and was told to keep the coil tight and thin out the tails. When I do that I had too much wick for the holes so I had to thin it out. They way he shows in the video is what I resorted to that worked nicely. He’s using cotton so I guess it doesn’t matter what material you are using it works with both. Another thanks to @PJReid for her help and guidance she’s provided and this tank has made me very happy as I enjoy my flavor and this tank has provided it.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Vaping with Vic has a review on this tank out that I just seen. The way he wicks in his review is the way I have been doing it that seems to work well. I’ve been using rayon and was told to keep the coil tight and thin out the tails. When I do that I had too much wick for the holes so I had to thin it out. They way he shows in the video is what I resorted to that worked nicely. He’s using cotton so I guess it doesn’t matter what material you are using it works with both. Another thanks to @PJReid for her help and guidance she’s provided and this tank has made me very happy as I enjoy my flavor and this tank has provided it.

That is a VERY entertaining video. I LOL'd quite a bit watching it. I disagree with him that this tank is tricky to wick. I haven't found that to be the case at all. I like the AF personally and he explained it better than I have seen anyone else explain it. He also did a good job of making it clearer how the Zesthia has completely flown under the radar. I am an Asmodus mod fan, and have liked their FB page because the pretty pictures of the gorgeous mods make me happy. :) It was in one of their FB posts that I first saw the Zesthia and went on the hunt for it. I am not a high wattage vaper, so will never crank it up to 90 watts. 45 watts is about where I stay, depending on the ohms of the coil.

One thing I have noticed about this tank as opposed to the Crius II (my other current favorite) or the Zeus is that the vape never gets harsh after a few long pulls. That has to be in the AF, or I am guessing it is.

I messaged them about a rainbow version. That would really make me happy. If Vic is right, and they are reworking the AF (which I don't think it needs but that is me,) maybe I will have to wait for that before I get a rainbow. Asmodus makes a beautiful rainbow RDA. Prettiest rainbow I have seen.

asmod_2.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’d agree with you that it’s not hard to wick considering that this is my first RTA and I’ve tried two coils and only the second coil I went light on the rayon which caused wicking problems so I rewicked it with success. So I’ve wicked it three times and only had problems once. Now I’m pretty confident I got the wicking down basically doing what he does in the video. Pushing the rayon down starting at the bottom and cutting off the excess on the tails. Piece of cake. Once you get the feel it’s no problem.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thanks, used that one last year.
Tried a few others I had, no workie.
They look to be the cheapest, of the few vendors selling it.

They do. $29.99 is a good price for this tank. If you want the SS though, IDK.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just wanted to add this tidbit in case anyone else has this problem. I would get leaks when refilling this tank every now and then. Wasn’t sure why, thought maybe airflow was open at first. Just now as I was filling it I tried topping it off and the level would drop and leak all over. If you take a pair of needle nose pliers and put one jaw in one fill hole and one in the other and hold the glass you can tighten the top piece to the chimney that sandwiches the glass. Mine was loose and when I topped off juice would get in the chimney and out the airflow holes causing a mess. Might want to check this when you first get the tank to avoid problems. I should have done this it just isn’t completely obvious when you get the tank and clean it for initial use. Learn from my mistake!!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
EFF52BD6-2245-4BC4-896F-D15056429FB7.jpeg

@PJReid id just like to thank you for your MVS recommendation on the 810 to 510 adapter. It’s a perfect fit, nice and tight. I also picked up a long skinny 510 drip tip that also fits perfect. So anyone looking to change to a 510 driptip on their Zesthia, myvaporstore has nice adapters for something like $3. Went with the B&W photo in an attempt to be artsy. The digital clock on the mod juxtaposed with the grandfather clock in the background. Soooo artsy.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
View attachment 717971
@PJReid id just like to thank you for your MVS recommendation on the 810 to 510 adapter. It’s a perfect fit, nice and tight. I also picked up a long skinny 510 drip tip that also fits perfect. So anyone looking to change to a 510 driptip on their Zesthia, myvaporstore has nice adapters for something like $3. Went with the B&W photo in an attempt to be artsy. The digital clock on the mod juxtaposed with the grandfather clock in the background. Soooo artsy.

It is gorgeous!!!! My adapters came yesterday from FT and they are nice too. I am glad I got the gold ones from MVS because it would have been a long wait had I not.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
It is gorgeous!!!! My adapters came yesterday from FT and they are nice too. I am glad I got the gold ones from MVS because it would have been a long wait had I not.
In the picture on mvs the adapters had ribbing where it meets the top cap. Mine does not have this, does your? Not a big issue, it would have made it easier to pull out that’s all. The big thing I was worried about was the fit and that’s perfect which was the most important.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I got my Zesthia, but alas I’m sick. I had high hopes on building it today, I gave it a bath & its all ready, perhaps tomorrow. Sorry @PJReid I know you were waiting for my thoughts.

I am SO sorry you are sick. Feel better!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
View attachment 717971
Really cool photo!

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
In the picture on mvs the adapters had ribbing where it meets the top cap. Mine does not have this, does your? Not a big issue, it would have made it easier to pull out that’s all. The big thing I was worried about was the fit and that’s perfect which was the most important.

Mine looks just like the picture. I bought some additional of the same from FT for a lot less but it took forever for them to arrive, so was happy to spend a bit more to have one in hand. Oh, they are $4.46 for a five pack from FT. The brand is Clrane.

8040002-1.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Mine looks just like the picture. I bought some additional of the same from FT for a lot less but it took forever for them to arrive, so was happy to spend a bit more to have one in hand. Oh, they are $4.46 for a five pack from FT. The brand is Clrane.

8040002-1.jpg
Ok my bad, I think I was seeing the orings as ribbing. I think this is another issue I’ll blame on my eyesight. Now that I SEE the picture mine is also identical to the picture. Just black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread