• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Athiest Converts After Seeing a Demon on His Shoulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
SG - your posts have nothing to do with my point. Go back and read what I wrote.

Here's what was said regarding the 'two choices'. One choice is God which makes you a 'child of God'... the other is nothing/other = Satan, (makes you a 'child' of Satan.... not a Satan 'worshiper' as worship denotes action and you don't have to 'actively' worship Satan to be a child of Satan. The Bible clearly states if you're not 'His' Child then you're Satan's child (by default). It may be 'offensive' but it's the truth and it's up to each individual to 'choose' God or to choose Satan... to choose neither is still Satan. To NOT choose is still a choice (after you've heard).

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
SG - your posts have nothing to do with my point. Go back and read what I wrote.

From a Christian stand point it has everything to do with what you wrote. I could care less about what a government standard or anything else that's contrary to the laws of God say, feel, wish, prescribe or anything else for that matter. You call them alleged interpretations, we call it God's word. It's a lot of the lovey-dovey , live and let live, don't be offensive garbage that's got us where we are today. The word of God is a two edged sword..that means it cuts. The point is that even though it may be offensive..it is still truth. Speak the truth in love? Love comes in many forms and sometimes it's tough. You would have Christians walk on egg shells but that's not the way our "alleged" interpretation says to get it done.

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I came back to post an answer to Saintscruiser's question about why it's offensive. Blonde - you are backpeddling - it was pointed several posts back where people here - not sure if you were one - did use the term "satan worshiper." I have not asked anyone to change their beliefs. But, I don't see anywhere in the Bible, Old or New Testament, where atheists are specifically called out or addressed. Therefore, anything else is interpretation. You all can do whatever you want, but I'm not going to call non-Christians "Satan worshipers," "Childeren of Satan," or anything that links them directly to Satan. I am not going to propagate this brand of improper labeling and hate-think. I believe it is wrong and immoral to use slander and libel and stand behind theology to make it okay. When God and I finally do meet, I think he'll be more than fine with that. I guess the people who have posted on this thread are from a different part of Christianity than the one I know. Good bye, so long, farewell, adios.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
But, I don't see anywhere in the Bible, Old or New Testament, where atheists are specifically called out or addressed.

I'd like to know what translation you are reading that you could even remotely comprehend something like this from the word of God. Based upon this assumption it is your interpretation that seems to be flawed.

Last edited:

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
From a Christian stand point it has everything to do with what you wrote. I could care less about what a government standard or anything else that's contrary to the laws of God say, feel, wish, prescribe or anything else for that matter. You call them alleged interpretations, we call it God's word. It's a lot of the lovey-dovey , live and let live, don't be offensive garbage that's got us where we are today. The word of God is a two edged sword..that means it cuts. The point is that even though it may be offensive..it is still truth. Speak the truth in love? Love comes in many forms and sometimes it's tough. You would have Christians walk on egg shells but that's not the way our "alleged" interpretation says to get it done.

I agree with this statement. The bible states clearly that IF God were your Father, you would love Jesus...these are Jesus' words, not mine. If there is another interpretation to the following scripture, I would love to hear it...

John 8:42- Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43) Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44) You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45) Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46) Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47) He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

The fact of the matter is that you can belong to God! But, you must choose to accept the fact that Jesus is from God....it is your choice. No one is forcing you to choose, you have a free will to accept to live however you want, with God or without him...your choice.

I chose to believe God and accept that Jesus' sacrifice makes me a new creation, no longer living in my sin nature which leads to death. Rather, living in the Spirit which leads to life. So, I cannot lie to you and say that the Bible says anything but that if you are not for Jesus, you are against him. That is also in the Bible, not my words...HIS!

How can we tell you that something that is in the Bible is not there? As much as I would like to be in agreement with you, I CANNOT...then I would be lying to you and not speaking the truth in love.

Isn't it better to tell someone that has a treatable cancer that they have it? That cutting it out will cure it? Or...is it better to avoid causing them the pain of knowing and leaving it there only for them to die because they were not told....which action shows love? The one where you tell them the truth or the one that will ease their discomfort temporarily but lead to their destruction?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I came back to post an answer to Saintscruiser's question about why it's offensive. Blonde - you are backpeddling - it was pointed several posts back where people here - not sure if you were one - did use the term "satan worshiper." I have not asked anyone to change their beliefs. No, but you are asking us to change the truth to a message that is 'politically correct' instead of true. But, I don't see anywhere in the Bible, Old or New Testament, where atheists are specifically called out or addressed. While the term 'Atheist' is not specifically used in the Bible, the word of God is still very clear and here is scripture to prove it, and there is others which state this also; 1 John 3:8 He, (She, They as meaning anyone or everyone) who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. Therefore, anything else is interpretation. You all can do whatever you want, but I'm not going to call non-Christians "Satan worshipers," "Childeren of Satan," or anything that links them directly to Satan. I don't call them Satan Worshipers either, and never have. I merely see all people outside of God as 'sinners in need of salvation'... I see all Christians as 'Sinners saved by Grace'. This entire discussion stemmed from a Video by a 'former Atheist... the discussion involves 'what' we believe based on the Word of God. I am not going to propagate this brand of improper labeling and hate-think.It's not hate think, it's truth. I don't hate Atheists or non-believers or bear them any ill-will or wish them harm, I love and pray for them. I want them to 'know' the peace, love & joy I've found in Christ. I want what God wants for them. I believe it is wrong and immoral to use slander and libel and stand behind theology to make it okay. What's wrong & immoral is when MEN change what God says is good for Evil and call what is evil good. We don't slander or libel when we speak the truth of God. When Christ called out; "Repent & be baptized for the remission of your sins!"... He was justly calling 'sinners' to repentance. He wasn't libeling or slandering, he was making a righteous judgment and provided an 'out' to those who received His message. When God and I finally do meet, I think he'll be more than fine with that. I agree, if you 'know' God and have been saved, then there's no need to be offended. I'm confident God will also explain that it was not our 'intent' to offend, but to illuminate the darkness with the light that is His Word and truth. I guess the people who have posted on this thread are from a different part of Christianity than the one I know. Good bye, so long, farewell, adios.

We're just sinners saved by grace. We're not perfect, but we've been saved... and what 'we' have, all can have if they'll just receive it.... :)

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
How can you prove, to a blind and deaf man, that colors are real?

You can't.

That's why Jesus said many times, let him that has ears, hear. Many are spiritually deaf and will remain that way unfortunately.

He also said that a blind man following another blind man will result into them both falling into a pit. Many are spiritually blind and will remain that way unfortunately.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Closet, why does it matter to you what we think. You apparently have your mind made up and we are in a Mexican standoff here. We believe what we believe as do you believe what you believe. You are the one who decided to pay us a visit. Did anyone go out on the board and recruit you? I'm just a little baffled by it all, to be honest. Have you changed the mind of other true Christians? If you want to believe there is no God, you have our blessing to do so. We've tried to answer your questions in the most honest of ways and with love. Are you doing this because of the debate factor? I'm not interested in debates, banter, or feelings. If you wish to denounce that there is a God, that's okay. I am not going to stop you. This is your choice. So with that I say to you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Shalom.:)

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa
  • Reason: trolling

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Pete, you're just wasting your time here. We already know what you believe, and we believe that you are wrong. You will not convince us that our beliefs are wrong and yours are right.

Any debating that, is just going to result in mutual frustration. It won't benefit you at all. Honesty is the best policy, and I"m telling you straight up that you can believe whatever you choose, but coming into a christian sub-forum, and saying that God and satan aren't real is just like pissing in the wind.

Thats a good topic for the OUTSIDE but not here. I won't go into the Atheist Vapors group and start preaching there, so do us all a favor and save your arguments, this isn't the place for that. Thanks :)

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
  • Deleted by LisaLisa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread