atmizoo by atmizone - General Discussion for current and upcoming Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpumuki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Heaven
eryqyguz.jpg

Sorry about that. There you go

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hello Taz, how's everything?
How about doing a bottom firing MOD like so -

Just a thought going through my head while vaping.
I like the idea. Who knows

Take care

All is good at the atmizone lab, there is quite a lot going on :)

We thought about this quite a long time ago (Roller - Development Milestone I | atmizoo vaping modware). On a uni-tube, it would require a few extra parts and a longer tube to work properly.

Generally speaking, we are not very interested in any electrical design that interrupts the circuit on the negative side, at least not at the moment.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
I'm looking for a good fuse to replace the spring in my Dingo... who's got a link to one (preferably 7ish amps) that will fit well and let me get rid of the spring?

If you are using a T2 extension with 18500 batteries, then the Bug should do it - with some bottom disc adjustment.

In its 18350 form, the Dingo can't fit the Bug, which is 5mm and primarily made for telescopic devices.

However, if you want the lowest-cost, highest-performance fuse out there and don't mind some "modding", you *could* grab an LA-PM module (used in Lab's fused mode - Lab - PTC Protection Module | atmizoo vaping modware | shop), make a 18mm slotted disc out of heavy paper or cardboard and mount it there.

Should be shorter than 1.5mm when you're done :)

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
Received my Guppy/Bayou combo today and I'm LOVING it.
I'm using the Bayou with a Sophia and I'm wondering if there's an adjustment I'm missing for this :
I replaced the top o-ring with the red 'slippery' Sophia ring so I can easily adjust juice flow, but the bottom o-ring seems kind of loose.
The whole tank spins on the Sophia before before the atty seems tightly seated in the Guppy, then when I go to adjust the flow, the Sophia spins in the tank and unscrews from the Guppy.
Am I missing something? It seems to me like I need a tighter o-ring for the bottom of the Guppy...
suggestions appreciated

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Received my Guppy/Bayou combo today and I'm LOVING it.
I'm using the Bayou with a Sophia and I'm wondering if there's an adjustment I'm missing for this :
I replaced the top o-ring with the red 'slippery' Sophia ring so I can easily adjust juice flow, but the bottom o-ring seems kind of loose.
The whole tank spins on the Sophia before before the atty seems tightly seated in the Guppy, then when I go to adjust the flow, the Sophia spins in the tank and unscrews from the Guppy.
Am I missing something? It seems to me like I need a tighter o-ring for the bottom of the Guppy...
suggestions appreciated

Bayous do not use soft o-rings and will hold 9.2mm diameter atomizers very snugly. Sophias have a hand-polished finish, which can shave off quite a lot of material if the craftsman is not careful. This, along with the fact that it's polished, means that it's practically impossible (at least for me) to tighten the atomizer well on the mod after putting it in *any* tank. If you could measure the external diameter of the Sophia, that would help quite a lot, too.

When using the Sophia with any tank (at least *my* Sophia), I find it easier to tighten the atomizer very well on the mod, and *then* sleeve the tank on it. This ensures that the atomizer won't move when adjusting flow. To adjust the flow, I then simply turn the tank. Using the soft tank o-ring along with a hard drip-tip o-ring also helps some people but I find it unnecessary.

Just make sure the top cap of the Sophia is able to move freely (no wick blocking the threads).

-M

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
Bayous do not use soft o-rings and will hold 9.2mm diameter atomizers very snugly. Sophias have a hand-polished finish, which can shave off quite a lot of material if the craftsman is not careful. This, along with the fact that it's polished, means that it's practically impossible (at least for me) to tighten the atomizer well on the mod after putting it in *any* tank. If you could measure the external diameter of the Sophia, that would help quite a lot, too.

When using the Sophia with any tank (at least *my* Sophia), I find it easier to tighten the atomizer very well on the mod, and *then* sleeve the tank on it. This ensures that the atomizer won't move when adjusting flow. To adjust the flow, I then simply turn the tank. Using the soft tank o-ring along with a hard drip-tip o-ring also helps some people but I find it unnecessary.

Just make sure the top cap of the Sophia is able to move freely (no wick blocking the threads).

-M

great details here, thanks. and thanks mrpumuki for input. Making sure the atty is seated nice and tight before putting the tank on solved this, mostly.
If I make sure the atty is tight on the mod and then back open the flow to make sure the upper is not bound, then add the tank I'm good.
If needed, I've found that a silicone 'softy' drip tip will grip the upper really well for flow adjustment.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
If needed, I've found that a silicone 'softy' drip tip will grip the upper really well for flow adjustment.

Indeed, holding the main tank with one hand and twisting the drip-tip with the other to adjust flow does the trick, but for the most part the Sophia doesn't need much adjustment if you find where it works best for your e-liquid.

gwelker

Dec 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I just got my roller IM finish in 3(?!) days after ordering (WOW fastest fulfillment and best shipping instructions I've seen so far from anyone! Bravo Antmizone!) Using the kick with the extension and it's replaced all my mods as my preferred. It just feels great in the hand with that finish and looks incredible.

I bought some spare Rhodium plated parts, replaced the recessed 510 connector using the online video as guide (again stellar that you have such great resources online!) Now I want to replace the bottom cap spring.

I can't quite find how to pop the delrin ring holding the spring in the bottom cap off however. I don't want to force it the wrong way, do I just slip a flat head screwdriver under it and pressure it up to release the spring? Don't want to damage or break the ring.

Thanks for any help (searched the thread here for an answer first, but didn't see it discussed).

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
I just got my roller IM finish in 3(?!) days after ordering (WOW fastest fulfillment and best shipping instructions I've seen so far from anyone! Bravo Antmizone!) Using the kick with the extension and it's replaced all my mods as my preferred. It just feels great in the hand with that finish and looks incredible.

I bought some spare Rhodium plated parts, replaced the recessed 510 connector using the online video as guide (again stellar that you have such great resources online!) Now I want to replace the bottom cap spring.

I can't quite find how to pop the delrin ring holding the spring in the bottom cap off however. I don't want to force it the wrong way, do I just slip a flat head screwdriver under it and pressure it up to release the spring? Don't want to damage or break the ring.

Thanks for any help (searched the thread here for an answer first, but didn't see it discussed).

I take an allen to the bottom, and screw it in... eventually it will all just pop out the top.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hey Taz and the team, when will the bayou 22mm be available? Take care guys.

They will be ready later this week, in SS-M, SS-IM, SS-P, BR-M and BR-EM finishes. Their release is planned for next week!

There's also a small batch of BR-M Labs coming in before the Bayous, along with some SS-IM Guppies which have been out of stock for a few days.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
I just received my lab and want to run a 18350 and kick, but I am not certain on how the bottom cap should look with the spring. Is it just the cap and the spring, or is there a part I am missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated... Pictures will be even better! Thanks!

All you need to do is seat the spring in the cap, after removing everything else. Just push the spring in the cap, there's not much you can do wrong.

Kick 1/2s can be as long as almost 18mm, adding up to a total length of 35+18=53mm.

Using the spring gives you an extra mil of tube space, which in most cases allows the use of a 18350 + Kick 1/2.

Using a T16 extension gives another extra mm of space, so a 18490 battery with the T16 will free up two mm's in total.

For those interested in Kick / battery / Lab compatibility, it's all here: Support - Lab | atmizoo vaping modware

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread