atomizer - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrthang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Memphis, TN
OK, I've been using a kgo with boge cartos and CE3s for a little while now. Today I got in a VTube (woot!!) and it had an atomizer so I figured I'd use it to try some of my newer juices. I set the voltage at 3.5 and dropped in a 3 drops and ended up with a horrible burnt metal taste. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You have to clean the factory machine oil from the atty first. A couple of drops juice on the atty and activate without inhaling. Do this 3 -4 times.

OK, I've been using a kgo with boge cartos and CE3s for a little while now. Today I got in a VTube (woot!!) and it had an atomizer so I figured I'd use it to try some of my newer juices. I set the voltage at 3.5 and dropped in a 3 drops and ended up with a horrible burnt metal taste. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes you don't want to burn the atty out which will happen if there's no juice on the element. Some also clean them using Everclear or PGA.

So just play it by common sense, then? That's fair, I was just worried about 'overburning' the atomizer, if that makes any sense.

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
Thanks, that did it, it tastes fine now. Which leads me to the followup question because I tried an atomic fireball juice first. How do I clean it/get that flavor out?

the cinnamon flavors will stick around for awhile, also they will effect how you taste other flavors for about an hour or so.

I would recommend using a atomizer strictly for the cinnamon flavors only since it will take at least a couple of hours to get the flavor out of the atty and cinnamon will not mix well with most of the other flavors.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Thanks, that did it, it tastes fine now. Which leads me to the followup question because I tried an atomic fireball juice first. How do I clean it/get that flavor out?

Easiest way is to get some 100% pure USP VG (glycerin available at Wallmart) drop a good 10 drops into the atty (OMG it's flooded, yeah we're cleaning is not vaping it:)) then heat it up good with your VTube on high power, (so long as it's good and flooded it shouldn't pop the atty) and blow it out. atomic fireball may take a couple of flood, heat and blow outs...:lol:

Keeping the coil and wick in the atty plenty wet at all times reduces the chances of damaging the atty.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I've been soaking mine in water and blowing them out between flavors (blowing into the battery side of the atty). It seems to work ok.

Most of what I've seen says that vodka or grain alcohol works better, but I can't bring myself to buy cheap enough vodka to not feel bad for wasting it and I can't find my everclear.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I've been soaking mine in water and blowing them out between flavors (blowing into the battery side of the atty). It seems to work ok. ....

Using PG or VG (which what the flavor was mixed with to begin with) leaves your atty ready primed for the next flavor without any drying time or dry burns necessary....:)

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Using PG or VG (which what the flavor was mixed with to begin with) leaves your atty ready primed for the next flavor without any drying time or dry burns necessary....:)

I don't find drying time to be an issue…blowing + paper towels seem to do it just fine. Never dry burned one……seems risky. There might be some water vapor left in my first couple toots, but…meh. It's not hot enough to burn my throat and it doesn't appear to be oxidizing things.

And there seemed to be very little flavor carry-over doing it that way. But that was with a cig-alike. Going to VV means it might take a little more effort since I'm tasting more juice anyway. Whatever. Worth it.

It's not totally free, we want you to learn, stick around and 6 months a year, PIF, pass what you've learned to more and more newbies...:lol:..:lol:

Yeah…this forum really is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread