Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I love my new mod so far best one Ive ever had. I'm coming from a mvp v2 as I know a lot of people on this thread are and it kicks my rda's and rta's better than it at 2 less volts. And for only $25-$10 more ill take the clone every time.

So I do feel it a bit reading people posting a bunch at negatives about it but in reality all it's gonna get us is a better mod at a lower price. As we can see cloupor and the venders are fixing stuff and making it better already.

I think of it as a giant product development think tank. Heck maybe some day it will be better quality than the real one.

It's all cool with me. It only hurts my feelings a little bit LOL:)

Right now i can get two MVP's for the price of one of these (not including batteries and charger expense for the clone) i know the MVP's will probably last up to a year or longer , not comparing the two devices in wattage but i am in reliability and so far these clones are unproven.

If they prove to last as long as an average MVP i would buy one right now .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
There are tens of thousands of these in the wild now - yet relatively few reported failures (less than 100? - a less than 1% failure rate.)Do you drive - be careful you may want to change your mind. Do you fly - check that aircraft out, you know a few have just disappeared! All in jest.

But maybe you need something more proven, and they do exist. Maybe a VaporShark or a Hanna Modz, and there are others.

And how long have these (tens of thousands) been working without issue , a few weeks maybe , sorry but that doesn't tell me anything about reliability.

entoptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've accepted that at some point the device will fail. could be the next time I pick it up, or never (unlikely).

so I have questions to the more experienced among us:
how hard would it be to simply rewire this to be a mech mod?
would the usb charger work without the cna30 chip?
if not would it be possible to make it work?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I've accepted that at some point the device will fail. could be the next time I pick it up, or never (unlikely).

Not too difficult to convert to a mech mod...

Fire switch would need to be changed to a suitable switch to handle the amperage going thru it.
The charger board will still work just to charge the battery. I doesn't have to go thru the clone dna.

EDIT: Fatdaddy has 510's back in stock today if anybody is waiting for 'em....

Last edited:

Drips Ahoy!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Michigan
Right now i can get two MVP's for the price of one of these (not including batteries and charger expense for the clone) i know the MVP's will probably last up to a year or longer , not comparing the two devices in wattage but i am in reliability and so far these clones are unproven.

If they prove to last as long as an average MVP i would buy one right now .

I hear what you're saying but for the way I build my coils and like my vapor the mvp just isn't up to the job.
I think the mvp for clearos and stock coil heads are great but for my double coils and twisted 28g it's not even remotely close to how my clone performs.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Why not replace the chip with an authentic DNA 30 there only 49.99 and a good 510 from Fat Daddy is only 6 bucks
On a positive note My clone 3 weeks old now is still going strong the screen comes on by it self everyone once and a while but thats it :)
I'v bin bringing it to work every day

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
]Mine lasted about a week before it completely stopped working[/SIZE]. No power whatsoever. Charged the battery, no go. Changed the battery. No go. Might just order a real dna30 chip and rebuild.

Thats what i don't like , much rather have it fail right away then expecting it to fail later on.

44 hours, 18ml, 2 charge cycles, .1w drop, otherwise flawless.

Well thats good , 44 hrs is a start lol.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I hear what you're saying but for the way I build my coils and like my vapor the mvp just isn't up to the job.
I think the mvp for clearos and stock coil heads are great but for my double coils and twisted 28g it's not even remotely close to how my clone performs.

If you prefer to vape with doubles and need much more wattage then no problem there , i have no issues using Kayfun's with builds in the 1ohm + range and the MVP gets it done with no issues .

I still Wrap my own coils for Pro Tanks etc.. and like builds in the 1.5 -2.0 range so needing a DNA clone is definitely not a necessity to me.

I would like to know how reliable is the real DNA Evolve chip , are we certain it's superior to what these clones have ?

If it's a 1:1 clone these Clouper's should be reliable , i am really hoping they are because i will definitely pick one up but lets see how they are down the road.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Why not replace the chip with an authentic DNA 30 there only 49.99 and a good 510 from Fat Daddy is only 6 bucks
On a positive note My clone 3 weeks old now is still going strong the screen comes on by it self everyone once and a while but thats it :)
I'v bin bringing it to work every day

I'm curious as to why this would happen, does the real Hana ever have this happen ? It should not do that , hopefully it goes away.

Fegbri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Berlin, NJ
Not too difficult to convert to a mech mod...

Fire switch would need to be changed to a suitable switch to handle the amperage going thru it.
The charger board will still work just to charge the battery. I doesn't have to go thru the clone dna.

EDIT: Fatdaddy has 510's back in stock today if anybody is waiting for 'em....

Thanks!!!! Just snagged 2 510 for future use!!

Drips Ahoy!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Michigan
If you prefer to vape with doubles and need much more wattage then no problem there , i have no issues using Kayfun's with builds in the 1ohm + range and the MVP gets it done with no issues .

I still Wrap my own coils for Pro Tanks etc.. and like builds in the 1.5 -2.0 range so needing a DNA clone is definitely not a necessity to me.

I would like to know how reliable is the real DNA Evolve chip , are we certain it's superior to what these clones have ?

If it's a 1:1 clone these Clouper's should be reliable , i am really hoping they are because i will definitely pick one up but lets see how they are down the road.

Ya I know this. Really it's like comparing a moped to a hyabusa.

When building my last kayfun coil 1.2 ohm twisted 28g just screwing the deck on both the mvp set to the full 6 volts it would take a full 2 seconds to start glowing and it didn't even glow that bright. Put it on the clone and at 4.3 volts it glows almost instantly and way brighter.
Ill say it again the mvp does not give me what I want out of the coils I build it is a dog. 28g dual coils at 1.2 ohms were even worse.
Drop the $70 on one and I think you'll be shocked at the difference.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Ya my Authentic Hana V3 does not do that it's actually Flawless :) But the clone does just at random lights up the screen for no reason not a big deal really

I'm curious as to why this would happen, does the real Hana ever have this happen ? It should not do that , hopefully it goes away.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side

On reliability I can only attest to the 8 DNA's I have used in mods....none failed and one dna20 is almost 1.5 years in use now....and the Darwin is still functioning great after 3 years...

none of the real dna's do this....

Thanks!!!! Just snagged 2 510 for future use!!
Yep I missed out last go around and had to snag a couple today....they sell out quickly.....glad ya got a few...

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Retird- Thanks sooo much for the heads-up about the 510 connectors from FDV. I had an alarm set for 6/26 to get a few, but since they are here early I might have missed out on some very well reviewed 510s. After waiting so long for these that would have really sucked! Maybe they got so many in it would have been a non-issue, but thanks to your timely post I needn't worry. Ordered and on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread