Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
Just ordered a red 1:1 from Illvapes. Something about that logo drove me to spend a little extra. My local B&M says they should have some in hand on the 6th so I may end up cancelling my pre order if the non logo ones they're expecting turn out to be good.

You better post here the day you find out how good they are! Take some pictures with your phone too! I have a no logo on the way and want to know if its .... quality or not so if u can get a snap of the interior thatd be prime.

s3rca

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Lathrop, CA
You better post here the day you find out how good they are! Take some pictures with your phone too! I have a no logo on the way and want to know if its .... quality or not so if u can get a snap of the interior thatd be prime.

Will do. They said they'll ship from China on the 3rd. Saying they'll get here by the 6th seems a little optimistic to me. If my order from Illvapes ships before anyone receives non logo units I'll do my best to take photos at my B&M anyway.

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
Just ordered a red 1:1 from Illvapes. Something about that logo drove me to spend a little extra. My local B&M says they should have some in hand on the 6th so I may end up cancelling my pre order if the non logo ones they're expecting turn out to be good.

I'm a little worried that there is some modding to do to put in your own 18650. I could be wrong but I am no good at modding stuff.

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
I didn't see anyone post this video yet but VaportekUSA posted this to their site today.
Looks promising to me.

So these are the same as the no logo model that vapor joe showed off, except the one they sell in the states cannot have the logo due to patent restrictions.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
There are so many rumors out there and the vendor I bought it from offers both now. Hard to tell right now which one will bring the better device. One thing I am concerned about also is if these so called clones are dc to dc or if they are Pulse width modulated. I just am concerned since the new releases if the pictures of thier so called dna 30 clone.

They're all PWM - it's the duty cycle that is of more concern - the higher the better.

moxiot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
nyc
i really wanted his opinion, since he is very technical with his reviews. I wish I had rephrased the question:

" Hey Phil, here is a question you won't answer but that you will get more and more. How do you feel about the hana modz being cloned, and do you think they cloned chip has any potential? In any case, thanks for all your vids

pd: I would ask Dimitri but unfortunately they are not coming out with a pink one as of yet"

"Ha!. (to the second part). To the first... I always cringe when I see a one for one replica (let's call it what it is, it's not a clone, it's a replica) right down to the logos.. It's not something I support in the vaping world.. However, I can't tell you what to do and based on the pricing and availability of some of the originals, I can understand their popularity."

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread