Attack on UK vapers by TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
I would be curious as to why UKV did decide to shut down over what we assume is just a matter of opinion...

If legal action is incoming they are more than sensibly halting any further damage that could result from allegedly maligned parties saying they have done nothing about it. Also if some sort of take down notice has been threatened/in progress, they can try to "adjust" the site to remove potentially inflammatory content objected to by a complainant and so reopen.
It is a storm and we will just have to sit it out and await the passing.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'm in the mood for a nice...

... court appearance'! What can I say to get me on pillbox38's list of enemies?
yawn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I completely understood first time what was meant, however since I believe in free radical thought I did not want to engage in that way with those comments.
This is a basic misunderstanding, as far as I see it.
Believing what you have read without having an original thought about it, or indeed reading the whole subject rather than just one perspective of it.
Another case of Pot, Kettle, Black occurring in glorious almost incoherent rants.

Not you asha23, the rehasher of dodgy knowledge is who I mean in the last sentence there.

I'm always suss when I hear other people's ideas cobbled together willy-nilly to make a worldview. It becomes particularly dangerous when it's applied via a healthy dose of megalomania. It tends to lead to messiah complex, which isn't pretty at all.

Anyhoo. That's me lot. I like a rant as much as the next man. To me it's all just shooting the breeze...

Last edited:

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Call me crazy (no really.....I am! :p), but don't we, as vapers, have enough drama and crap to deal with from people who are against vaping? I mean, seriously.... there are groups and government "leaders", etc. ad infinitum that we have to write, email, call, and prove why vaping is really a GOOD thing? We have jackbags all over the flippin world trying to put an end to vaping and tell us it's bad. We defend our right to vape and here at ECF, and other vape forums, we are supposed to be coming together and standing united and HELPING people!!! Isn't that what it's supposed to really be about?

In the end, from what I have read so far, there is greed, and middle school pissing contests abound, which shows that even on this great forum there are people out there that seriously need a grip on reality and remember just why the heck they are really here. Otherwise they may as well cast their lot with the very ones that would love to oppress vaping in general. I'm sure quite a few "anti-vapers" would laugh their butts off and do their best to add this to their fuel to their own fires and "agenda".

Hello...is this thing on? Get back to basics. Are you here because you appreciate vaping and what it's done for you?

Stop the madness......nuff said.

Respectfully,

Cinnamonkey
This thread is nothing more than fellow vapers aligning against something that threatens our new way of life and all that it involves. It doesn't matter if it's non-smokers, ex smokers, politicians, lobbyists, soccer moms, or business owners who have grown far too big for their britches....vapers will stand together to eradicate such threats. And, until this particular issue is brought back into order, it will be attended to.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I would be curious as to why UKV did decide to shut down over what we assume is just a matter of opinion...

A legal threat was made against both the forum and its users, so they have closed it for the time being, presumably while they run it past a lawyer. As has been said elsewhere, English libel and defamation law is not fit for purpose and allows those with money to shut up their critics, regardless of whether there is any basis for it or not. There is no constitutional guarantee of free speech here, unfortunately.

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
I'm always suss when I hear other people's ideas cobbled together willy-nilly to make a worldview. I pretty much got this from the very first rant-ette. It becomes particularly dangerous when it's applied via a healthy dose of megalomania. It tends to lead to messiah complex, which isn't pretty at all.

Anyhoo. That's me lot.

Careful what you say, there's litigious souls wandering the forums these days, lost in thoughts given to them by others.

DAVEG

Moved On
Aug 26, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I just found out what happened, but only from second hand information. I did a blog here at ECF because I felt so strongly that 1 person who controls vaping, hurts all of us. I then checked "Todays Posts" and found this to be the top thread, so I thought I would just say a few words.

I have been vaping for 3 years come July 23. I started in 2009. At that time, you had ECF and 1 other Forum that I knew of. I thought there was only 1 Company in all of vaping, NJoy. 1 month later I joined here and found the 2nd Company to be TW.

I am not going to say 1 word about how I feel about this man or his company. I am just going to express my fears about a hobby that I love that is in it's infancy and very fragile at this time. There are many more Forums now, 3 years later, but not enough to not notice when 1 goes down, especially because of 1 person. This is not a Governmental take down, this is 1 person who became wealthy due to this hobby. The threat is to our freedom of speech. This 1 take down can have a "Snowball" effect which eventually leads to the end of vaping as a Worldwide Hobby.

Can 1 man have enough money to put this Industry out of existance. The answer is yes.. if fear controls us all. UKV should be afraid because this person has way more money than they do and the threat of legal suit when you do not have money to defend yourself, can cause problems for the owners of the Site.

I don't know what can be done, I just know this is the 1st time in my 3 years that I have found a reason to come out of the "Closet" and post here. If you look back, my posts are sparce. But, when I feel pushed as I do today, I at least am going to "Go down Swinging."

I beg the Moderators here at ECF to allow this thread to continue. To take it down would be the 2nd step in the destruction of vaping. To remove any comment that is negative or positive on this thread would also be the 2nd step to the destruction of vaping.

The 1st step was made by this man and how UKV shut down. Plese don't let this beloved hobby of mine to go by the wayside. I have invested my life and time. I did not quit cigarettes. I took up vaping. I took up a hobby that I love.

For even 1 more event to occur due to this man, or any man/woman/company is and will lead to the destruction of it all. thanks, dave gross.

micksmith1968

Jul 9, 2012
uk
your right.i had a crash in my company car once that wasnt myfault.i had paid 250.00 exess on insurance which i would have lost.the company didnt think i had a case and didnt provide a lawyer.so i went to court on my own .spoke the truth and won.best feelin ever.sometimes you got to call their bluff.i suspect mr cropper has allready done more damage to his company these past few days than any comments left on ukv.i hope the papers get hold of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread