Attention ECF members and CASAA members!! Call to Action for New York!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
To be honest, I've stopped looking at this one as well.

I understand what you're trying to do, but "TWO important surveys!! CASAA & University of Geneva" thread is being bumped at the same time. Because of this, no other threads will ever get to the top. Effectively, I've stopped looking at anything in the CASAA section. I know I will just see a new bump picture.

But, instead of mentioning it, I chose to quietly go away.

Have fun....

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
bumpj.gif

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I posted in the general forum (since the Notice at the top of the forum points to that thread), and here is that post:

Well, there isn't one (By this I meant any real news update).

There is a Senate Health Committee meeting scheduled for this Tuesday (5/25), but again S7234 is not on the agenda.

I did followup emails a week after our visit with the four people we met with in Albany the longest, three of whom we had the best and most positive meetings with, and one being Klein's key person on this bill, and asked each to please let me know if there was any news at all. Of course, I'm not relying on that panning out, but one can hope.

We've also followed up with phone calls since the trip.

There is simply no news or movement I can report. I still urge people to keep up with the phone calls and letters, and New Yorkers especially to actually meet with their own Senator.

The one thing I worry about the most is the small chance that at the very end of the term in June Assemblywomen Rosenthal could shoehorn her Assembly-passed version of the bill onto the full Senate floor (A9529), thereby bypassing the Senate Health Committee, made up of the Senators who we have concentrated on up to now, and who we at least have educated on the issue and delivered tons of material to. It may not be likely to happen that way, and we were told that, but even the possibility that it could makes my blood run cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread