Attention Senator Harkin - They are THROWING CHILDREN in this stuff. What are you doing about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Maybe this will keep you busy for a while. Stop wasting your time with eCigs!

MILLIONS of kids are literally swimming in this stuff! You MUST regulate it!

And they sell all types of flavored candy at the poolside shop. Are they enticing them to the pool? 'I mean they have your gummy bears here, strawberry licorice, lifesavers in cherry, lemon, grape, what did I forget..... and coconut!!' They even have a video game room! :laugh:

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The 2012 stats haven't been released by the AAPCC yet (those would be in the 2013 report, due out 3rd quarter of 2014). But we have the stats for 2011 (listed in the annual report for 2012.) Annual Reports

There were 107 cases treated in a health care facility for the category "Electronic Cigarettes: device and/or Cartridge Containing Nicotine" and 5 for the category "Electronic Cigarettes: Nicotine Liquid." So that's 5,000 to 112.

The single fatality (in the first category) was from a 28 year old male who committed suicide by injecting himself with nicotine liquid. I imagine injecting oneself with pool chemicals would cause death, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread