ATTN: ZXMAX users. Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
New Orleans
Hello all, I recently bought a smoktech ZMAX and have tried several tanks/carto's and all have worked up until now..

I bought a smoktech tank that I heard is great for VV devices. I tried it on my ZMAX for the first time and on my led screen it is saying "1.2o" and won't vape. I looked at the user guide and see nothing with this and am just wondering if anyone has had this problem?

me1969

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wherever I roam
Hello all, I recently bought a smoktech ZMAX and have tried several tanks/carto's and all have worked up until now..

I bought a smoktech tank that I heard is great for VV devices. I tried it on my ZMAX for the first time and on my led screen it is saying "1.2o" and won't vape. I looked at the user guide and see nothing with this and am just wondering if anyone has had this problem?

The ohms are too low I believe .

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy,
I've experienced this myself, found that the device wasn't screwed down all the way and not making contact. The ZMax is very, very picky when it comes to carto's, atomizers or just about anything in general. I'd check it on another device as well to see if maybe the coil isn't shorting out or touching that could cause the odd drop in ohms.
I've had mine a while, no real complaints except that one time that I didn't screw down the atomizer tight. Other then that has been a wonderful PV.

bearyhot

Jul 16, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
I vape in power (watts) only and I've used 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos with no problem. I'm vaping at 8 watts with (2) 18350 batteries, an extension cap and although I wouldn't normally use anything under 2.0 ohm, I wanted to use up a large stash of dual coil 1.5 ohms. It's working pretty well :) Maybe you just had a bad carto.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Hi John,
The Zmax will cut off at 1.2 ohms resistance. The 1.2o is telling you the carto is 1.2 ohms. If you are in RMS mode the Zmax will not be hitting higher than your setting - but the cartos are too low in resistance.
With the power the Zmax is capable of you don't need low resistance really. I find mine works really well 2.4 ohms and up over 3 ohms. Some like 2.0 ohms. You can go a bit lower, but you'll get a very good vape with normal resistances.

Sounds like you got sent some LR cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread