Atty turned bronze color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
I have never had any that turned any color!! Honestly, I would throw it out in case there was some type of chemical change in the metal that could make you sick. I think you may not be getting a response because I don't think I have herd of this before.

I figured that too. I searched the forum and found nothing.

Atomizers are "disposable" items, so I'd just stay better safe than sorry and ditch it. I've never seen that happen, though I don't clean my attys with vodka, either. How long have you been using it?

It's on maybe week two of it's life. At the time I made the post I hadn't checked my mai lyet and it was the only working atty I had. After posting I checked my mail and got vapemail. I guess I'll just toss it, but I'd hate to have this happen again and lose more and more money. These atties are not exactly cheap for those of us who are poor folk.

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
What color was the atty originally? I tend to favor the stainless/silver attys and batteries (in an eGo) because all the attys are silver; some just have paint that can scratch off. Soaking in alcohol may soften up some finishes to where they can easily be scraped off with a fingernail.

Another thought that occurs to me is that whatever your alcohol soak is cleaning out of your atty is settling out in the bowl(?) you're soaking in and then your atty is resting in it and getting coated with vape gunk. Does this color wipe off?

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
What color was the atty originally? I tend to favor the stainless/silver attys and batteries (in an eGo) because all the attys are silver; some just have paint that can scratch off. Soaking in alcohol may soften up some finishes to where they can easily be scraped off with a fingernail.

Another thought that occurs to me is that whatever your alcohol soak is cleaning out of your atty is settling out in the bowl(?) you're soaking in and then your atty is resting in it and getting coated with vape gunk. Does this color wipe off?

They are the silver/stainless steel colored drip atties. I believe this one was from Madvapes? It did not scrape off, no.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
I vaped on that atty today just out of pure poordome. It tasted awful, and ate up juice. I don't know if it's because it was a cheap 306 to begin with and already was pretty old for it's price, or because of the discoloration. It had a very metallic flavor to it. As the hours went by the flavor got better, but I noticed I dripped twice as much juice in one day than I usually do. It ATE it UP!

I've still never heard of this issue and really feel like it's something that should be looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread