Aaaaaannd a few more pics.

21ccc8y.jpg

9qla4h.jpg

wk5jy0.jpg

o0iv8.jpg

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Hi all! Not going to bore you with blah, blah, blah.
This is the new offering from AugVape and Roxy, the Merlin Mini.
•24mm diameter
•18mm single coil deck with 2 x 2mm post holes
•18mm dual coil deck with 2 x 2.5mm post holes
•2ml capacity
•2mm and 1.5mm airflow inserts for single coil deck
•33.5mm height without driptip and 42.5mm with driptip

These are in Production now. These pics are the final prototype.
kevm89.jpg

2mcah6b.jpg

11m3xc2.jpg

27y90ev.jpg

23t5f0h.jpg

I see Clash of clans in your 4th image. :D
My son says, your base can't match his :nah:, just you seems to be richer. :thumbs:

Reactions: MMW

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I always thought this atty style was a juice boiler. All your juice sitting in the tank laying on the wall of the coil chamber discoloring and darkening flavor. Better technology has eradicated this in other attys.

I assume you mean RDTA is a better choice.
But RDTA generally means a long way for the juice to travel to the coil from its deposit that causes 2 disadvantages compare to RTA:
1. It is more prune to dry hit (especially if you have a long inhale) relative to RTA
2. Every re-wick causes more waste of e-juice (for the long cottons you are discarding), this facotr become very obvious if one use e-juice that is gunk prune.

Reactions: Seesull

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I assume you mean RDTA is a better choice.
But RDTA generally means a long way for the juice to travel to the coil from its deposit that causes 2 disadvantages compare to RTA:
1. It is more prune to dry hit (especially if you have a long inhale) relative to RTA
2. Every re-wick causes more waste of e-juice (for the long cottons you are discarding), this facotr become very obvious if one use e-juice that is gunk prune.
RDTA is old tech not sure what the draw is to them. It makes no sense to fight to get your liquid to go up instead of follow the path of least resistance which is down. I have many gennys and even a Avocado. The Avocado is ok but I do not like having to pay attention to tilting the right way at high wattage to make sure there is no dry hit.

RTA is the best way IMO. And with the new decks we use with large juice channels it just makes more sense. I am sure this new Merlin has better flavor with the shorter chimney and the overall design is pretty nice.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
RDTA is old tech not sure what the draw is to them. It makes no sense to fight to get your liquid to go up instead of follow the path of least resistance which is down. I have many gennys and even a Avocado. The Avocado is ok but I do not like having to pay attention to tilting the right way at high wattage to make sure there is no dry hit.

RTA is the best way IMO. And with the new decks we use with large juice channels it just makes more sense. I am sure this new Merlin has better flavor with the shorter chimney and the overall design is pretty nice.

This is exactly my thinking, too, but I guess there are many that started with genny-style RTAs and it's what they know/like. All of my mods/tanks have to be portable and those styles of tanks won't survive in my purse/pocket. I'm new to building, as well, so I want the easiest, leak-free RTA (single coil is preferable) build possible. Unlike many, I vape because I like to smoke and vaping is the least unhealthy way to maintain that habit. I'm not looking for it to turn into a hobby, because I've got enough responsibilities fighting for my time. Not to mention, my husband is convinced (no matter what I say or prove to him :facepalm:) that vaping is far worse than smoking. The last thing I want to do is give him any more ammunition to b!tch about it. :mad:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas

Yes. I'm just saying I prefer my juice to not sit around a hot chimney before it gets absorbed by my wicks. Heated juice tastes lousy. It also affects the nicotine. The Avocado style setup gets the juice off the hot chimney. The genny tilt is a small consolation. I guess I'm just a top coil tank fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
Yes. I'm just saying I prefer my juice to not sit around a hot chimney before it gets absorbed by my wicks. Heated juice tastes lousy. It also affects the nicotine. The Avocado style setup gets the juice off the hot chimney. The genny tilt is a small consolation. I guess I'm just a top coil tank fan.

I have not tried it yet but I was thinking about adding some mesh tubes in the tank of my Avocado to wick the juice up to the deck and then just lay the cotton wicks on top of the holes. Maybe it will eliminate the need for the genny tilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread