Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Does seem fishy how can they verify?

Eh... reputation, I guess. LV is a very well known authentic vendor. I ordered one and should have it on Saturday. I can certainly verify the authenticity when I receive it as I've had two authentics. I'd be amazed if it's not the real deal.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Ordered. It's $25 shipping to the UK, so $45.77 total. I actually tried to buy two, but two packages changes it to "large envelope" international shipping which is 3x the price of normal international.

I suppose I could go back and place a second order, but eh, I don't even really need this one. I have six Aqua v2 clones and two Aqua SE authentics.

I just couldn't resist the slightest chance of such an amazing deal.

Though I am still sure it's either got to be a typo, and thus they'll cancel the order as "obvious mistake", as big name retailers have been known to do many times when they list things incorrectly.

Or that it is a clone despite their policies/past reputation.

Anything other than it actually being the authentic for $19 because that's utterly insane and unbelievable :) But we will see. Fortune favours the brave and all that.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Not so hard to believe, with the SE out, the V2 is going to rapidly decline in value.

Yeah, but not that far. I have seen it on sale for like $80, a 40% discount or more.

$19 is less than the cost of most of the clones from FastTech. Hell, the "OTM" or "produced in the same factory" clone on FastTech is $35.

$19 is utterly insane. It's certainly far less than they will have paid for it themselves from Footoon.

Given their reputation, I think it's most likely a typo. Question is whether they will honour the orders.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Oh, well that's different. I didn't realise they'd been slowly lowering its price, I thought it just appeared today at $19.

OK that's good news then.

Yep, I think your safe that its authentic. And it will have an authenticity card.

And heck I think my OTM one was worth the $35 I gave FT for it. Its one of my nicest tanks.

I'm trying to justify buying this one for $25, lol! I don't need it, but, dang it is a great tank and price.

Reactions: TheBloke

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Yeah, but not that far. I have seen it on sale for like $80, a 40% discount or more.

$19 is less than the cost of most of the clones from FastTech. Hell, the "OTM" or "produced in the same factory" clone on FastTech is $35.

$19 is utterly insane. It's certainly far less than they will have paid for it themselves from Footoon.

Given their reputation, I think it's most likely a typo. Question is whether they will honour the orders.

Yep. I have two FT Aqua V2 clones, diff manufacturers; LOVE the performance, HATE how they leak. Now I have an authentic coming to me. :)

Since these clones leak in tank mode, going to block the bottom air holes and use those two bases as RDAs only.

And probably order a couple of Orchid clone bases to salvage the two cloned Aqua bell caps and chambers. How's that for taking lemons and making lemonade hehe

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yep. I have two FT Aqua V2 clones, diff manufacturers; LOVE the performance, HATE how they leak. Now I have an authentic coming to me. :)

Since these clones leak in tank mode, going to block the bottom air holes and use those two bases as RDAs only.

And probably order a couple of Orchid clone bases to salvage the two cloned Aqua bell caps and chambers. How's that for taking lemons and making lemonade hehe

Re leaking, have you checked to see if you have an o-ring around the plastic insulator that goes under the positive post?

This is notoriously missing from many clones. Quite often it is in the spares pack, but not on the clone itself. It's a tiny o-ring, I think 2mm x 1mm.

To check, unscrew the positive post. Then pull up the plastic insulator it was sitting on. There should be an o-ring around that.

If it's not there, juice can and often will leak into the base, and then it could come out the airhole as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread