Authentic Aqua V2 for $25 shipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Anyone know where I can get a brass positive post?
I've emailed local vapes, fotoon and the distributor.
Don't k ow if I'll get anywhere.
If anyone has an old clone laying around, that's they don't use I'd gladly take the post off your hands.

That might be all you can do is steal parts from a clone :( I hope LV at least gives you a refund or something. What a bummer you got a messed up one, and there aren't anymore.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I have to say Local Vapes has better customer service than I ever imagined. I figured they would laugh if I complained about a 25 dollar Aqua.
Quite the opposite, I have a replacement on the way.
I will be a customer for life.
I've always had good CS from them. Recently I asked about the size of grub screws for an atty that I stripped (my own fault), and then just sent me some replacements out free of charge.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Anyone that has the wobble managed to find a workaround for it? It's not extremely severe but a bit annoying : /

I could be wrong, but I think the wobble has something to do with the wicking. A more "full" wick can hug the sides of the chamber a bit tighter, and consequently making it wobble less.

I noticed that a wick with end tails that sit on the deck and splitting a bottom portion of the wick into the channels works well for me and doesn't wobble much. I wick the Aqua so it basically has end shoulders, but not too big because then it just holds more excess liquid hen I want. The channels are not stuffed with wick, but fill the channels width when wet.

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
You could also try wrapping the oring channel with floss a couple times and putting the oring back on, or a slightly larger oring.
Personally I find that screwing the top down a little further doesn't hinder the airflow. You can cover half the hole and it doesn't really close off air, since the bell sticks out a bit.
Try screwing it just a hair further and continue to check your airflow until you find a happy median. Or try the oring fix above.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I just broke about 4 pairs of coils due to the screws just chewing the coil legs...... Also, legs getting caught AROUND the screw instead of under happen so much it takes ages to make a build sometimes. : l

Hold each screw with needlenose pliers and lightly sand the bottoms. I had to do that with one of mine.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
Funny I am dealing with the exact same thing. I usually get forced into single coil because one gets messed up. I am working on a dual right now, 3rd try. First one was around, and had to unscrew to reset and messed the other up, second one broke off on the coil side.
The build I have in my current one is single coil and been going strong for a while. If I didn't know how good the vape was I'd have already given up.

Roxynoodle
Do I sand flat, or sand a beveled edge?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Funny I am dealing with the exact same thing. I usually get forced into single coil because one gets messed up. I am working on a dual right now, 3rd try. First one was around, and had to unscrew to reset and messed the other up, second one broke off on the coil side.
The build I have in my current one is single coil and been going strong for a while. If I didn't know how good the vape was I'd have already given up.

Roxynoodle
Do I sand flat, or sand a beveled edge?

I just hold them and rub them back and forth on the sandpaper a few times. The Aqua screws aren't bad at all and a few back and forth swipes does it. So I guess flat.

Wewu

Sep 30, 2015
Anyone that has the wobble managed to find a workaround for it? It's not extremely severe but a bit annoying : /

I bought a 100 pack of buna o rings od19mm, id 16mm,1.5mm thick from amazon for a couple of bucks and with those new o rings my aqua v2 is now wobble free. I can even have the airflow totally open with minimal wobble, whereas with the original o rings it needed to be half open or else the wobble was ridiculous. Plus with the way the rda section chews up o rings it might be wise to have a couple extras around anyhow.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I bought a 100 pack of buna o rings od19mm, id 16mm,1.5mm thick from amazon for a couple of bucks and with those new o rings my aqua v2 is now wobble free. I can even have the airflow totally open with minimal wobble, whereas with the original o rings it needed to be half open or else the wobble was ridiculous. Plus with the way the rda section chews up o rings it might be wise to have a couple extras around anyhow.
Those orings are for thr deck base right?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread