Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
fantastic thx for the inside info on the replies.

Which of the 2 (lite/prime) would you say the wicking is easiest/more forgiving...my km3 is finicky if it isnt wicked just right...
They built about the same. But the KM3 is 19mm, without the wire traps, so that's all that makes it harder. But they gave me vastly different vapes. I never got on with the Prime. Liked a whole lot about it, but I felt like it was a "thinner" vape than KM3.

Asha

Mar 20, 2020
What ohm coil you using? I don't know about the dome but I started out at .88 and it was warm/hot. I'm now using 1,3 and it's a pleasant vape.
Yes I guess the key is adjust the correct wattage with the correct ohm. I've been played with many different ohm as well, my go to wire now is nife 30, set on 15 watt 215c/420f 6/7 wrap id 2.5mm.
The thing is I've tried my friends prime, and it felt cooler than kfl19, so I thought maybe because it is longer, since kfl19 has longmode kit, assume it will be cooler as well.

I second everything Bronze says below!

I’d also like to add:
The KFL-19 is capable of tighter airflow than the Prime. So you can really fine tune the KFL-19 all the way down to ZERO airflow, whereas the Prime has a bottom setting and that’s as low as you can go...

Personally I find the Prime is not capable of giving me the MTL airflow I prefer, but it DOES give me the restricted lung hit airflow I like, so it still stays in my rotation.

SteamTuners has an AWESOME top fill kit for the KFL-19, although top-filling isn’t a deal breaker for this Kayfun.

However, I DO have that Top-Fill Kit on every one of my KFL-19’s...its a convenience thing for me.

Overall, owning all three atomizers mentioned (KFM-3, Prime, KFL-19), I’d say the KFM-3 and Prime are closer to each other in capability. The KFL-19 is simply capable of tighter airflow.

All three vape as perfectly as you’d expect a Kayfun to vape!

Yes I also find that kfl19 is more tight, which i like.
I have 2 kfl19 lol, one with xs 1.2 pin + steam tuners topfil, the other one normal + chrismun bellcap. Really like kfl bcoz of lots of accessories for it.
Truly I learn a lot of wicking by this forum, thanks a lot.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The thing is I've tried my friends prime, and it felt cooler than kfl19, so I thought maybe because it is longer, since kfl19 has longmode kit, assume it will be cooler as well.

I definitely think the KFL19 is a noticeably warmer vape than the mini or the Prime. The long mode kit doesn't change that at all. It took me quite some time to accept and like the vape from the KFL19. I'd definitely say the Prime is a much closer vape to the mini than the KFL19.

I'm really liking the Prime with the wave tank. It looks nice and has top fill. What I don't like is the small juice capacity. So on another mod, I have a Prime with the extension tank. That's for out and about ... the wave is for around the house.

Don't know if I posted this picture here or in another thread. These are my favorite setups. Like them better than the KFL19's on Dani mini's.

IMG_8767.JPG

Asha

Mar 20, 2020
I definitely think the KFL19 is a noticeably warmer vape than the mini or the Prime. The long mode kit doesn't change that at all. It took me quite some time to accept and like the vape from the KFL19. I'd definitely say the Prime is a much closer vape to the mini than the KFL19.

I'm really liking the Prime with the wave tank. It looks nice and has top fill. What I don't like is the small juice capacity. So on another mod, I have a Prime with the extension tank. That's for out and about ... the wave is for around the house.

Don't know if I posted this picture here or in another thread. These are my favorite setups. Like them better than the KFL19's on Dani mini's.

View attachment 875889
Thank you.. I have to accept it is warmer then.
Currently I consider to purchase either spica pro, tripod or prime..
prime with new five hole nozzle said to be much good flavor, good th than before.. is it true?
also prime have lots of accessories as well.

Btw it looks good with wave tank on dani mini.
Afterall the best thing of vaping is the purchase right lol
This my beloved kfl19
IMG-20200322-WA0001.jpg

Basilius

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2020
Siberia
Its been years since i been on the site here...still love my kayfum mini3..but its getting old..time for a new Kayfun..
I am in exactly the same situation. kf mini m3 was my first rta .And now I leaning towards the choice of KF lite

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I hope all the folks on this thread are safe and well. This virus is getting serious and here in the UK we are in lockdown. Not fun at all but I hope and pray we all come through this relatively unscathed.

Ok in California...so far.

“Famous last words...”

-SMT-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hawaii
My kfl2019 came in today from origin vape. Finally a kayfun that looks good. vape is even better then the km3, the aeronomics on it provide an even smoother pull. wick is is fed very well and provides dense flavored hit, most importantly for for me.. the throat hits better too.

I ran it, like all my other rba's, a SS316L 8 or 9 wraps @2.0mm came out at .60 ohms and wicked with koh gen doh.

the airflow was super easy to dial in just right (tight). and its set it and forget it.

now to get sum mods for it

luwsa3o.jpg

Last edited:

rust

Aug 3, 2019
Just got a Steam Tuners top fill kit. Absolutely love the convenience and looks, but my OCD has me worried that the turning motion and contact of closing down the juice flow control all the way might scratch up the base/deck after awhile.

Has anyone that's had it for awhile noticed any kind of wear caused by it?

I know it's kind of ridiculous to worry about, but the uncertain future of the market has me obsessed with keeping gear in good shape for as long as possible :facepalm:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just got a Steam Tuners top fill kit. Absolutely love the convenience and looks, but my OCD has me worried that the turning motion and contact of closing down the juice flow control all the way might scratch up the base/deck after awhile.

Has anyone that's had it for awhile noticed any kind of wear caused by it?

I know it's kind of ridiculous to worry about, but the uncertain future of the market has me obsessed with keeping gear in good shape for as long as possible :facepalm:

I’ve had the KFL19 since launch...and the ST top fill kit since it was launched...

Absolutely ZERO wear and tear.

It’s machined so that the chimney MEETS the deck, but does not rub against that meeting place.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hey ya All !!! It's been a minute. Stopping in to say, hi and wuddup. :thumb:

I hope you and your families are well in our most interesting times. Be safe.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's likely too late for a reboot on 2020 so we muddle on.
IMG_0067cr.jpg

As always, vapes great.

...SMT out...
mic-drop.jpg

Asha

Mar 20, 2020
Hi guys..
IMG-20200515-WA0024.jpg

I've end up also tried prime , and I must say that I understand what you're saying.. like mr Bronze also saying, it's similar in taste, but somehow in prime it feels more round (not the layer), in the draw feels.
I've put same juice, same build.. try different kind of build also with different kind of coil type, different type of cotton, in the end still I feel I get more satisfying lung hit with prime. It's really similar lite vs prime.. that's why I also understand why most of you said that it's better to have both rather just pick just one of them, hard to choose between the two. And yes.. they all really good for rdtl & mtl.
The difference is.. sometime prime gurgling when refill, even I put it up side down when opening the juice flow after refill sometime it's not gurgling sometime still gurgling.. this atty is moody. While on the other hand lite19 is so simple not having any issues at all. I don't think slight warm vape is issue anymore, it is the characteristic of the lite19, and I get used to it now.

Btw I have tried my friend spica, it's very good, better than kayfun imo. but more complicated and too much effort in building it, can't too much wick, can't use thick wire, can't put wire too high, hard to open, hard to remove the glass.. not simple. So I still vote for prime & lite19.

Cheers.. stay safe, keep vaping & keep healthy everyone, keep social distancing and wear mask while go outside. Hope our researcher quick to find vaccine.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
Hi guys.. View attachment 885335
I've end up also tried prime , and I must say that I understand what you're saying.. like mr Bronze also saying, it's similar in taste, but somehow in prime it feels more round (not the layer), in the draw feels.
I've put same juice, same build.. try different kind of build also with different kind of coil type, different type of cotton, in the end still I feel I get more satisfying lung hit with prime. It's really similar lite vs prime.. that's why I also understand why most of you said that it's better to have both rather just pick just one of them, hard to choose between the two. And yes.. they all really good for rdtl & mtl.
The difference is.. sometime prime gurgling when refill, even I put it up side down when opening the juice flow after refill sometime it's not gurgling sometime still gurgling.. this atty is moody. While on the other hand lite19 is so simple not having any issues at all. I don't think slight warm vape is issue anymore, it is the characteristic of the lite19, and I get used to it now.

Btw I have tried my friend spica, it's very good, better than kayfun imo. but more complicated and too much effort in building it, can't too much wick, can't use thick wire, can't put wire too high, hard to open, hard to remove the glass.. not simple. So I still vote for prime & lite19.

Cheers.. stay safe, keep vaping & keep healthy everyone, keep social distancing and wear mask while go outside. Hope our researcher quick to find vaccine.
Hi Asha,
Do you close your JC when refilling?

I recommend turning the tank upside down and hold for a moment to let any juice in the wicking channels to drain back into the tank, then close it down.

I refill through the JC holes with some needle nose bottles cause I find it difficult to open the top cap. Plus I get a fuller fill.

Hope this helps!
And everyone stay safe and healthy.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Venator

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2018
After long time I'm back unfortunately with bad news, anyone here and in the prime thread knows my problem, I love my kayfun's and I'm not gonna sell them because it's gift's from my wife but I seriously considering leave them and buy some factory atomisers, every simple method I try doesn't make any difference, after almost a day that working flawlessly suddenly becomes more restricted like is dropping juice in the airflow and I've tried 2 more rta(not kf) and have the same problems, I really don't understand what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread