Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I finally found it on their website. They simply do not work. Too small. Can't believe I'm the only one who had this problem.

The kayfun Prime extension kit uses the same glass tank as the Kayfun 5, I have bought quite a few of them from CDV. They do still stock it, I really have hardly ever used fast tech, like 3 times in 6 years. :|

Kayfun 5 Glass tank by Svoemesto

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The Kayfun Prime extension kit uses the same glass tank as the Kayfun 5, I have bought quite a few of them from CDV. They do still stock it, I really have hardly ever used fast tech, like 3 times in 6 years. :|

Kayfun 5 Glass tank by Svoemesto

KAS
I think that’s about the number I’ve ordered from them too. And just for bits n pieces.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Just set up my K5 again. Haven't had that thing in operation for a long time. Anyhow, I went to put on a different glass and it's too small. Wont slide down the bell cap all the way to seat. These glass tanks were bought from Fastech. I can't stand Fastech. Never could. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I tried going back to the Fastech website to look up the part number and I can't find it anymore. I never was good at searching their stupid site. Probably because I have a major attitude problem with FT. Did I say I can't stand Fastech?

Replacement Transparent Glass Tube for Kayfun V5 RTA Atomizer

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
I have 2 questions for you about my Sovemesto V5. (And u are not the only one who has problems using spart parts kits that work. I have 7-10 different versions of Lite pluses, and there are differences in the parts. Especially the chimney, centerpin and fill screw. Usually I can make it work.)

Question 1: What is the optimum build on this atomizer? I dont use clapton coil. I am wondering guage of wire, and especially diameter of the coil, and the number of loops. (You dont have to be precise, because I know generally speaking where the ohms end up with number of loops. And does this atomizer do better with about how many loops in it?)

Questions 2: What are the differences in the Sovemesto and clones? What differentiates this atomizer from the pack? (I can answer this question up and down about lite pluses, because I think I have everyone ever made.)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have 2 questions for you about my Sovemesto V5. (And u are not the only one who has problems using spart parts kits that work. I have 7-10 different versions of Lite pluses, and there are differences in the parts. Especially the chimney, centerpin and fill screw. Usually I can make it work.)

Question 1: What is the optimum build on this atomizer? I dont use clapton coil. I am wondering guage of wire, and especially diameter of the coil, and the number of loops. (You dont have to be precise, because I know generally speaking where the ohms end up with number of loops. And does this atomizer do better with about how many loops in it?)

Questions 2: What are the differences in the Sovemesto and clones? What differentiates this atomizer from the pack? (I can answer this question up and down about lite pluses, because I think I have everyone ever made.)
1. That’s almost impossible to answer because everyone likes different stuff. What I can say is a V5 can take just about any set up. Low ohm, high ohm, clapton, dual coil, kanthal, temp control, fat coils, skinny coils, etc. The V5 is the one Kayfun that was designed to be all things to all people depending on how you set up your air flow and if you install the MTL kit. Personally, I like the V5 because it can be set up for just about any type of vaping. This is a turn off for others. My only gripe about the V5 is it’s very large and the primary reason mine remains on the storage rack.

2. Don’t know. I don’t own any clones and we steer clear of discussing clones on this thread because it always leads to fights (see thread rules in the OP).

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OFC I can wait. And if it's not too much trouble, could you also tell me the diameter of one of the largest air holes under the AFC ring? No biggie if that's too much trouble.
I can do that too. Bug me if I forget. Always a possibility with me. :)

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Was wondering if anyone in this thread could tell me the inner diameter of the authentic KF5 chimney.
14.31mm. This is the ID of the actual chimney, not the threads (or anything else) that lie below the chimney surface.

OFC I can wait. And if it's not too much trouble, could you also tell me the diameter of one of the largest air holes under the AFC ring? No biggie if that's too much trouble.
1.73mm is the diameter of the largest hole. Keep in mind there are 2 exposed holes per side per setting x 2 sides = 4 exposed holes total, or:

1.73 x 2 x 2 = 6.92mm total

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    14.31mm. This is the ID of the actual chimney, not the threads (or anything else) that lie below the chimney surface.

1.73mm is the diameter of the largest hole. Keep in mind there are 2 exposed holes per side per setting x 2 sides = 4 exposed holes total, or:

1.73 x 2 x 2 = 6.92mm total

Thanks, but what I meant by the chimney is the skinny part that goes up toward the drip tip, not the bell/chamber part.

dGInPXu.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread