Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello, and welcome! It's now official. svoemesto will be releasing their updated, 2019 version of the Kayfun Lite on 2/22/2019. Need I say how groundbreaking the original Kayfun Lite was? No other atomizer was more revolutionary than the Kayfun Lite. Their design has been incorporated partially or completely in pretty much every industry atomizer since. Now, some 6 years later they are introducing a new version.

This thread is dedicated to authentic Svoemesto atomizers only. Please respect that no clones are discussed here. This is to ensure we are not only discussing the same products but also to avoid the famous "Clone Wars". Thank you for your cooperation.

We will post video reviews from our thread members of the new 2019 Kayfun Lite here in the OP as they become available including a review from Qorax (see below). Perhaps other reviews from our frequent thread members will be added as well (hint, VapeDiver).

And as always, we thank Heather's Heavenly Vapes (HHV) for sponsoring our Kayfun threads. My understanding is HHV will be supplying the new Kayfun Lite - 2019. And they're great juice makers too! :)

Store Website: Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA
HHV Subforum: Heather's Heavenly Vapes

And if you want to discuss other Svoemesto products, you can join us at our other Kayfun threads.

Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3
Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun 5
Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Kayfun [lite] 2019 – SvoëMesto

all-kayfun-versions-with-names-jpg.799369

ENJOY!!

Qorax Review:

Image below courtesy of @qorax

nkfl-exploded-view-final-jpg.806917

O-ring Sizes: #2&3 ~5x1.5, #6&8 ~5x1, #12 ~8x1, #13 ~9x1, #15 ~16x1, #18 ~4x1.5
O-ring Type: NBR 70 (Carboxylated Buna-Nitrile / AS568 / -55°C to 135°C)
*Spares can be purchased from: AS568-010 B70 (NBR) / The O-Ring Store

Diagram posted by @AstroTurf

ae7e1ea25f98ad88dee488bfa66a816f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
2A468D79-7AA9-4D40-9083-5D2CE8C93B0E.jpeg
Very impressed with this little masterpiece. Hard to put into words how small it is. It makes the Prime look big. I’ve got mine operating with the extension kit (22mm) and how this tiny thing holds 4mls is beyond me. Simple to set up and wicking perfectly with the same amount of cotton as I’d use in the Prime.

Airflow seems smoother and I prefer having an adjustment screw instead of set places dictated by an airflow ring.

Flavour is perfect as you would expect from a Kayfun.

Top quality as always from Svoemesto and it looks like another home run.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
I'm curious. Is Svoemesto a person? And if so, is he the brains behind the Kayfun or he just takes the profits?
i'll share some info if find interesting i found on their facebook page:
(1)- In 2011 a Russian modder had an idea.
He had enough of stick batteries and disposables. He wanted more. After hours and days of research and communicating with other vapers in forums, he drove to a nearby hardware store, to pick up the pieces he needed for his very first mod. His nickname at this time was "SvoëMesto". And the rest -as they say- is history.
10525660_757937367632785_2954247646197006097_n.jpg

(2) - The very first actual Kayfun was made in Russia in 2011 by former modder and today one of our shareholders with the nickname "SvoëMesto".
This aluminum light weight was a mechanical hybrid with bottom switch design and was only available to barely a 100 people. It's genes can still be found in the modern Kayfuns.
gggsng.jpg

(3)- The story continues between the years 2011 and 2012, when "SvoëMesto" caught the attention of a German, who happens to be a Russian native speaker as well and just recently had discovered vaping for himself. They got in touch on a Russian forum and started exchanging ideas. The goal was to introduce a completely new kind of vaping technology to the German market. A few months later a one of its kind kit was introduced in German forums via bulk order from Moscow.
The "SvoëMesto V 2.0" full kit included the Kayfun V2 and the Sëmovar V2. The Kayfun V2 could be assembled with several different tanks and a longmode, while the Sëmovar could be used as mechanical or as APV with Nivel chip. In this kit the modular and highly flexible design of SvoëMesto products became apparent for the first time. "SvoëMesto" became the name of the project driven by the Russian modder Sergey and the German gentleman named Eugen.
64769_761503037276218_897228802820111809_n.jpg

(4)- After successfully introducing the Kayfun V2 to the German vaping community, the next logical step was clear: Taking the production to Germany and German standards. While it was still unclear, where to manufacture a stainless steel version, suddenly a forum post in ERF (German ECF) appeared. A German engineer had built his own version of the Kayfun made from stainless steel in comparison to chrome plated brass the V2 was made from, because he couldn't get his hands on an original Kayfun. Eugen immediately got in contact with him and shortly after Arkadi joined the team.
In late summer of 2012 the Kayfun V3 ES saw the light of day for the first time and the company SMtec GmbH was founded. Manufactured in Germany, the first batch covered 750 sets and was presented by a small selection of specialty retailers to the public. Due to its flavor profile and vapor production as well as the good reputation of its ancestor, the Kayfun V2, the Kayfun V3 ES quickly became a success.
The demand within the enthusiastic community in Germany eventually lead to a second batch adding another 500 devices to the series. Looking back, the Kayfun V3 ES, with 1250 devices in total, can be considered a rare collectors' piece. The first 1000 devices also had a serial number from 0-999. A new class of premium atomizers "Made in Germany" was born.
Its design should carry on in all following 22mm Kayfuns, such as the Kayfun 3.1 and the Lite series - until December 2014.
10390944_762021880557667_3385858263468534663_n.jpg

(5)- Although the Kayfun V3 ES was a great success, it still left room for improvements. Especially more convenient refilling was a feature, customers kept asking for.
In February 2013 SvoëMesto introduced the Kayfun 3.1 in 3 colors:
alpha: sand and ceramic blasted
beta: sand blasted
gamma: brushed
All three version were coated with a nano layer of ceramic coating, which then was fused into the upper metal layer under high temperatures. The goal was redefining market standards with a grippy, scratch and fingerprint resistant surface.
Later on, 2 further surfaces were offered: delta (mirror polished) and brushed wihtout a nano layer.
Additionaly, the Kayfun 3.1 offered a new 3 segment tank as well as a fill valve, that enabled the user to fill the tank simply by pressing a certain type of bottle against it and squeeze the liquid in. After filling the valve would automatically close again and seal the pressure system.
The Kayfun 3.1 was made until late 2013 and has been the most recent premium model of Kayfuns - at least yet...
(6)-The concept behind the original Kayfun Lite was to make an entry level device, that provides "Made in Germany" quality and the typical Kayfun vape experience at a budget friendly price. It was introduced for the first time in May 2013.
Due to process optimization and more efficient manufacturing techniques the Kayfun Lite was replaced by the Kayfun Lite [plus] in September 2013 and now also offered adjustable airflow as a highly requested feature.
In February 2014 the Kayfun Lite [plus] received a face-lift in its second batch and has been referred to by its fans to the "Lite [plus] V2" since. This face-lift included a new driptip design, a slightly redesigned topcap, that goes especially well with wider driptips, as well as an increased tank capacity and a higher quality two tone engraving at the bottom.
Over the course of 18 months the Lite [plus] became the most popular Kayfun ever made with a worldwide success and a continuously increasing quality at a constant affordable price.

TL;DR
Sergey Novikov - formerly known under the nickname "SvoëMesto" especially in Russian forums and today one of the shareholders of our company.
Eugen Epp, CEO and Co-Founder of SvoëMesto.
Arkadi-German guy..
What started as a modders' project in 2011 became a legitimate company called SMtec on August 30th 2012.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
20190311_184351.jpg
i love svoemesto.....this baby is very nice indeed..vapes like a dream. I didnt mind the stock tip, but it's about 1mm to short, so I found another kayfun tip. I had heard some saying the stock tip gets hot, but it must be from excessive chain vaping. I tried 4 consecutive big draws and no real heat and that's at 23 watts with a .7 ohm coil. I guess the only thing I wish was different, is the nub in which the tip goes in, I wish it were just a little shorter. To me, once a slightly bigger tip is installed, the tip and nub kind of look like one big drip tip and kind of makes the tank look unbalanced slightly. Would actually prefer no nub at all tbh, but I still love it....great vape!!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Exploded View :2cool:

NKFL Exploded View Final.jpg

O-ring Sizes: #2&3 ~5x1.5, #6&8 ~5x1, #12 ~8x1, #13 ~9x1, #15 ~16x1, #18 ~4x1.5
O-ring Type: NBR 70 (Carboxylated Buna-Nitrile / AS568 / -55°C to 135°C)
*Spares can be purchased from: AS568-010 B70 (NBR) / The O-Ring Store

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok I can finally weigh in on [lite] vs Prime.

I’ve been tinkering around with Salt Nic juices, due to trying to be done (mostly) with pod mods.

I’ve found some nice flavors, and different salt nic levels, and decided I needed to make some of my tanks use their actual MTL abilities.

I started with the Keras by Atmizoo, which is a VERY nice tank that consists of (essentially) a rebuildable Atlantis coil, and can be closed down to zero airflow.

After trying to “forget” everything I’ve come to learn about my “favorite style” of vaping, I found some success.

Typically, I’ll build a 2.8mm coil, from double-wire twisted 28g Kanthal, 5/6 wraps, 0.5~ ohms - 25 watts...restricted lung hit. Love it.

Well I had to go back to my roots.

Single wire, 28g Kanthal, 2.8mm diameter, 8 wraps, 1.5~ ohms - 10 watts, MTL.

I dialed the MTL airflow until it was close to how tight the pod mods are. For reference, I use JUUL and Phix, for stealth mode while at work. And don’t get me wrong, they’re great. Since starting vaping in early 2011, it’s nice to still “get away” with vaping indoors...and on planes... SHHHHHH! That’s a secret!

ANYWAY.........droning on and on........

Tonight, I had time to open and inspect my shiny new Steam Tuners Top-fill Kit for the nKFL...aka the [lite].

I’ve been running my usual sub-ohm build in it, with a 3mg juice, 70vg-30pg blend.

It’s been great, and the top fill was a nice addition.

Then I decided it would be fun to see just how MTL I could make the nKFL.

And damn. It works.

I ran the airflow screw all the way in, and then backed it off about two full turns of the little screw driver.

It’s really MTL. And the Prime is not.

Which means, for the purposes of my Nic Salt journey, the nKFL is the winner.

And that’s important because it’s what I’ll be using the nKFL for, moving forward.

———————

On a separate tangent, the Steam Tuners top-fill Kit really made me angry.

Don’t get me wrong (again)...I love throwing money at the Steam Tuners team!

But SvoeMesto could have VERY easily made this tank top fill, with the ON/OFF juice control that the ST kit utilizes.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get.

SM went through the effort to make their own “bell caps”, which was an innovation from Chris Mun aka Bell Vape.

They could have made this top fill without adding height, or complication to the design...because top fill was always one of the things that people wanted from a Kayfun Lite, at least from the years of feedback I’ve seen online.

And that’s kind of what this nKFL was billed as. A redesign of the fan favorite, with fan service on size and deck access, etc.

So why not top fill?

Ugh...

Ok beer. It’s time to stop talking.

Get in my belly.

OH! But pictures!

Sorry...took a couple, cuz it also felt good to have a Kayfun on a TUBE Provari after so long with the Radius. (Almost forgot how to navigate the P3 menu!!!)

d25851a458b45f3a948183c8d7a602eb.jpg

9e142dd2644ac44e665ff5d7856cbed6.jpg

23e93a7c7b9465b2532349e66060f0b4.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
they love to tease...

March 2, 2019, 10:28 am
Out for Delivery
CHESTER, VA 23831
Your item is out for delivery on March 2, 2019 at 10:28 am in CHESTER, VA 23831.

March 2, 2019, 10:18 am
Sorting Complete
CHESTER, VA 23831

March 2, 2019, 8:24 am
Arrived at Post Office
CHESTER, VA 23831

March 2, 2019, 7:36 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
RICHMOND VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Fini...

e231e063aba20fc33d0ab13582b5fb92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Here it is with the Prime drip tip. The one that comes with it is tiny and hot. When I opened the box I couldn't believe how small it is. The air screw was in place which is good as it's small. I wish they put the screws in as I dropped one and had to crawl all over the floor to find it. The 24 MM fits great with room to spare. So far so good but you can tell the quality difference between the Prime and the 2019. The Prime feels solid. So far no leaks. Thanks HHV.

IMG_20190225_213816.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread