RDA Authentic vs. Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
my price limit for an atty is $20 for things i want to try and $30 for proven items. that being said i loves me some clones. clones in the morning, clones in the evening, clones at supper time. i wont buy cheap mods tho, and by cheap i mean off brand names. that usually cost more than authentic eleaf/joyetech/Wismec that work well. so yes if i didnt mention it i loves me some clone atty's!!!!

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Because some are clones of RIDICULOSLY over priced authentics that people would never buy! Case in point is the Velocity..... Around $100 for the Authentic & $20 for the clone that is every bit as good as the original. But yes, there are some very reasonably priced authentic atty's out there now, my Tsunami is fantastic!
With the onslaught of reasonably priced, quality authentics I can't see why people still buy clones.

Reactions: ricks

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
So how many here realize that probably 80% of Chinese cloning is done via orders from outside China?

And lets not forget say, Yiloong who made Fogger series that was pretty original in design, had good quality, and was overall inexpensive. Then look at what Eciggity did to lower the product cost to keep up with the market.

Would ANY of you buy pre-made fancy shmancy trendsy artsy coils at a big premium or the good old simple ones that work?

Right, clones are inexpensive because the Chinese sink large sums of money into R&D and humane wages for their employees. I get it now. Good thing we have you to impart your vast knowledge on us. What would we ever do without you?

$.10 over there is basically that $10/hr here as far as living expenses go, so its quite equitable.

liquidator

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Berkshire UK
I have an original Kayfun, a couple of years ago I bought a clone to compare. The clone did not work at all and the workmanship looked like it had been done by a child, it went straight back for a refund.

I now own three Kayfuns, a V3 and just received my Provari Radius, no more recycled rubbish for me.

Reactions: Bronze

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
As twisted said the clone/authentic war is over

There are so many low priced authentic rdas rtas etc now we don't need to worry as most of us can afford them
Kayfuns are still over-priced. The new Kayfun Mini V3 sells for $100 and the clones are $10-$20 for the exact same thing, metal and all. It's these that are the ones most people are talking about in this forum.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have an original Kayfun, a couple of years ago I bought a clone to compare. The clone did not work at all and the workmanship looked like it had been done by a child, it went straight back for a refund.

I now own three Kayfuns, a V3 and just received my Provari Radius, no more recycled rubbish for me.
That was years ago. The Chinese are now making these clones with quality Stainless Steel and are making them exactly the same as the authentics.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Kayfuns are still over-priced. The new Kayfun Mini V3 sells for $100 and the clones are $10-$20 for the exact same thing, metal and all. It's these that are the ones most people are talking about in this forum.

That was years ago. The Chinese are now making these clones with quality Stainless Steel and are making them exactly the same as the authentics.

Me posting here should now make someone stop... This so called war will never end. You have one side who has their beliefs and the other who have theirs.

Let it go...
You make three consecutive posts. The first two are your personal commentary espousing your opinions and then the third is, "This war will never end...Let it go". In other words, "Here are my beliefs. Now everyone shut up!"

LMAO! :laugh:

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You make three consecutive posts. The first two are your personal commentary espousing your opinions and then the third is, "This war will never end...Let it go". In other words, "Here are my beliefs. Now everyone shut up!"

LMAO! :laugh:
And what any of us use to vape is no ones business but our own...

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
The tsunami has velocity style posts and kennedy style air flow. Without the innovation of those authentics the tsunami wouldn't exist.
yes! thats why i have a Velocity clone, a Kennedy clone and will get a Tsunami clone soon!!!
P.S. i wont pay $40 for an authentic dripper when i can get a clone for $9.45 as in 75% off and making my dollar, that i have to feed my family with, go 400% farther. its just smart math, i love america, and i buy only american juice, but at the same time im not stupid enough to pay 400% more than i have to

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
yes! thats why i have a Velocity clone, a Kennedy clone and will get a Tsunami clone soon!!!
P.S. i wont pay $40 for an authentic dripper when i can get a clone for $9.45 as in 75% off and making my dollar, that i have to feed my family with, go 400% farther. its just smart math, i love america, and i buy only american juice, but at the same time im not stupid enough to pay 400% more than i have to
thank you for reminding me why I don't post in threads like this one.

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Sometimes you just don't have that much money to spend on a vape. In no way should that stop you from buying a clone if that is what you have to do to stay away from analogs. Personally i think resonable priced authentics are the way to go. If not, a quality clone works well too. I had my twisted messes clone for over a year and i gave me no problems. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do ya know ;)

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Are you insinuating that a Chinese machinist is quicker than an American machinist? There are plenty of machinists in this country that could cut enough corners to pump out cheap quality parts at an alarming rate if they wanted!!! They just think that standing in front of a machine qualifies them to be paid an alarming wage for merely watching a machine do all the work. All they actually do is put material in the machine and press a button!!! Yet somehow this qualifies them to be paid an ungodly sum of money, and ask an ungodly price for anything they produce!!!:censored:

Ignoring the amount they are asking. Let's go with minimum wage. As stated before I don't have the info for China but I have the info for Mexico and we compete for cheap manufacturing. So we have 7.25 USD per hour, for an 8 hour shift of watching the machine = 58 USD per employee. Mexico is 110.4 Pesos a day (8 hour shift), exchange rate is 17.5 +/- so = 6.30 USD. Conclusion I can make 9 times more Atties a day here than in the US. Or if employing 1 guy I pay 9 times less.

You could cut as many corners as you want, no way you can go under minimum wage (legally).

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

But under that logic you should also prefer pirated DVDs, generic medicine and foods without branding. The price of a product is not only materials + labor. Where is the money for the designer? For marketing?

I started paying for songs, movies and other downloadables when I realized I wouldn't want somebody stealing my work. It's not a matter of necessity (unless you have only one), it's not competitive market, it's morals.
If you are ok with piracy then that's you, and it's fine. If you wouldn't like others to steal your work then you won't condone people profiting from somebody else's work, and that's fine too.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But under that logic you should also prefer pirated DVDs, generic medicine and foods without branding. The price of a product is not only materials + labor. Where is the money for the designer? For marketing?

I started paying for songs, movies and other downloadables when I realized I wouldn't want somebody stealing my work. It's not a matter of necessity (unless you have only one), it's not competitive market, it's morals.
If you are ok with piracy then that's you, and it's fine. If you wouldn't like others to steal your work then you won't condone people profiting from somebody else's work, and that's fine too.
Sadly, the only consideration for some is how much scratch they have to remove from their wallet to purchase something. Nothing else is a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread