Ikenvape 510 HV Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
This is my review of the new Ikenvape 510 HV Atomizers.

1. Web Site: The Ikenvape website is very clear and easy to use offering a good all round shopping experience.

2. Order action time: The time it took to complete my order was acceptable and quality email based communication is provided throughout the ordering process. In other words decent notifications at every junction i.e: Order / Payment received, Order processed, Order shipped with tracking number. Worth mentioning that although UPS provide a tracking number, it is of no real tracking value for international orders.

3. Delivery time: Again well within normal limits.

4. Packaging: Excellent packaging wrapped very carefully. Product presentation is great, professionally designed business cards, and stylish box which holds the atomizers.

Each atomizer is engraved. I'll say it again... each atomizer is engraved! This is a sure sign that love and care has gone into making the atomizers.

That ends the cosmetic review. Now for the real stuff, how do these pups vape?

Step 1. Give them a clean with pure VG/PG to flush out the primer. I know some reputable reviewers out there such as Grimm have said they contain no trace of primer. Well they do contain some primer, this doesn't mean they're bad, what this means is EVERY atomizer has some primer on them. Don't take the chance in ruining an otherwise good vaping experience, just spend 5 minutes cleaning them upfront. No big deal!

After this the atomizers are ready to vape. If you don't clean them upfront, hope you like the taste of primer because it sticks around for 6 hours or so.

I vaped these on a Provari. I initially tried 4v, which was way too low. 5v also didn't seem right. 5.5v too seemed slightly underpowered. And 6v which is the highest setting for a Provari seemed to do the trick. This gives a decent TH and vapor production.

Flavor was awesome and clean. I used juice from 2 different suppliers. I have juice of various consistences and all just work well with this atomizer.

The draw is stiff. This is a good thing for 2 reasons. 1 some people say the Provari is too airy. Well not with these atomizers. But the main reason I like the stiff draw is that the atomizer does not leak.

I'm not saying its leak proof, but what I am saying is I haven't had one leak yet. All my other atomizers leak, so far these seem to hold the juice nicely.

The actual vape is good. I wouldn't say it is miles ahead of anything out there, but in my experience it is slightly better than a Joye 510. And I can't say I prefer the vape any more than a Bauway. It is definitely at least as enjoyable as a Bauway. I would love to compare to Cisco, but unfortunately it is impossible for me to order a Cisco because I reside outside of the US.

I've heard that these atomizers last long, I can't comment on this yet, because I've only just got my first order. So time will tell.

Overall a good all round product, but I would have to say the resistance is perhaps a little high for my liking. Last time I checked the resistance offerings were only LR or HV. Would be nice to see some middle ground in their product offering to cater for people like me who enjoy regular resistance at 4.5 or 5v.

Otherwise I recommend you try them.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Nice review, I know that this will not be as exciting for you since you live outside the US but something that I think is great about these atties is that the insides of them are from the US. The insides are sent to the manufacture in China to be installed and sent back. Its not 100% made it the USA but it is one step closer. I just wanted to throw that out there so people that didnt know that would now know.

As far as some of your points, that is so crazy that you taste the primer taste for 6 hours if you do not rinse becasue I literally do not taste it for more that 20 minutes but I could have some screwed up taste buds. I do agree with you about the resistance being a little high for me at 6 volts. I actually like to use these at 7 or a little higher but I am sure that there are plenty of people that like them at 6. Tbh I have mostly been use lr at lower voltages and the ikenvape lr 306 and lr 510 are treating me very well after I used them for a day or so. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these, Isaac is good people and he deserves the good publicity.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Guys I mostly use Issac's 2ohm & HV exclusively and have to say they are the best ones I have used out of all the Atty's I have ever used and I've used them all. Here is what I do to prime my Iken & all Atty's. First I just blow out the Atty just in case anything is left in it, then I put a condom from the carto's on the bottom threaded end, then I fill the Atty up to the Bridge with the liquid I'm gonna run in it. I let it sit like that from anywhere from a half hour to an hour, this insures that the wick has soaked up the liquid and you wont burn that wick, that's what could give you a foul taste if anything not the primer. once that Atty has sat for a while I take off the condom blow out that liquid and it's ready to go. I have never had an issue with any Atty from Issac yet, they are definitely a step up from any other I have used and Issac works his azz off getting these where he wants them, it shows in the vaping experience as far as I'm concerned and the all USA internals are fantastic in these compared to other Attys, just my take on all of this, nice review MichaelOz, try my primer technique on your next Atty.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I'm going to have to try some IkenVape attys very soon. I had been meaning to get over there and order some, but my Ciscos just never die.

At VapeFest, I had the pleasure of being introduced to Issac and I must say, he's a really great guy. We must have talked for a good 1/2 hour.
Yeah its pretty hard not to like him, last September I was on my honey moon and was going to be driving through his state to go back home so I asked if me and my wife could come pick up an order. Long story short he and his wife ended up buying us dinner, he is a very cool guy.

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
+1 im using the IKV HV atty on the darwin and dripping BB. very cool, for the first time i havent messed around with my setup for two weeks, it just works so good...

btw, its not debridged or dewicked... many swear by it, but i have a IKV 306 HV as well and debridged and dewicked it... not bad at all but as to be expected is only good for a drop or two which doesnt last long. on the unmodified 510, when it starts to taste dry, 3 drips and good for 10-15 min of solid hits and no leaking (the 510-510 adapter really helps for that and tightens the draw a bit so flavor is very good). i can't tell any difference in flavor or vapor production between the 510 and modified 306, so i don't see any reason to use it...

always hated dripping, but man-o-man this is freakin great :D

to note: the 510 HV is showing as 3.5 ohms and i run 18mg BB anywhere from 8.5 - 11 on the darwin (5.6 - 6.4V). high in the mornings on the drive to work and lower at night...

dangit evolv! make more darwins! and dangit to IKV too to keep stuff in stock... but hey, when your stuff's that good.... :) i wish i had too much money so i could just give a factory to each of them :p

Last edited:

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
I use his HV 510s and 306s on my Provari and yes they are awesome ... for 2-3 days only though. Last 2 batches of the HV atties I bought, start dropping their resistance from 3.6 Ohms down to 2-2.5 Ohms after a few days... and turn into LR atties. So vapor decreases as I have to lower the voltage on the Provari and so does flavor.

It's frustrating to say the least having HV atties drop their resistance so quickly. But if you're after LR atties then i'm sure you'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread