Status
Not open for further replies.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Unless Imeo were to release the part needed to build a UFS from parts, it appears I am going to have to scale back my goals for a feeder anytime soon.

I live directly on the Gulf Coast of Florida and even nickel plating tarnishes far too easily but raw aluminum is not even a consideration. Can someone please advise if the AVSv2 is niockel plated as is the extended version of it, the AFSv3?

I know there have been some finish changes during the era of the rev 2 GGTS and am not sure about the AVS. Can anyone tell me if I post in the classys for an AVSv2 if I need to specify nickel or are all v2's nickel plated?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

EDIT: Found out all AFSv3 are nickel and apparently the AVS are a mix if someone can confirm that. Thanks!

Last edited:

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Thanks Poppa. I know the AFSv3 is nickel plated and the last AVSv2's that were listed for retail were nickel plated. I do however know of a friend that has an AVSv2 that isn't.

I figure it's gonna be a thing where I have to specify nickel for an AVSv2 but wanted to ask the guru's here to be sure. ;)

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
I had 3 AVSV2 aluminum, I still have one left (I sold the other two I had to GG newbs) and I'm keeping it!!!:laugh: I have never had a nickel one fwiw.....

And this GG newb thanks you to no end. I re-ringed the AVS you sold me and now it vapes like a fine tuned engine. I feel light headed now and gonna sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread