Bad Experience With Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
No, it was the 510 trade for a blu. He was upset because I didn't include a 510 PCC. I thought it was starter kit for starter kit.

Everyone seems to be of the same opinion, so I will post on the feedback thread. Like on eBay, leaving bad feedback should be a last resort, and no matter what, I always feel bad doing it. But it has been almost a month, so if there is nothing in my mail or PM box tomorrow, I'll leave feedback.

Thanks everyone,
~A

Regardless of whether there is anything in your mail or PM box tomorrow you should still name the person as they have obviously tried to screw you over. Even if they try to rectify it now just to keep you from naming them that doesn't mean they won't do the same to the next person.

Milano

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Long Island, N.Y.
No, it was the 510 trade for a blu. He was upset because I didn't include a 510 PCC. I thought it was starter kit for starter kit.

Everyone seems to be of the same opinion, so I will post on the feedback thread. Like on eBay, leaving bad feedback should be a last resort, and no matter what, I always feel bad doing it. But it has been almost a month, so if there is nothing in my mail or PM box tomorrow, I'll leave feedback.

Thanks everyone,
~A

wait.. you wanted to get a blucig ? if thats the case you should be happy he didnt send it.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
Angelique510,

I addition to naming that dastardly dog..... the next time you are involved in a transaction that requires mailing, always opt for Delivery Confirmation from the USPS. It will cost around 60 cents, but it will give you a little peace of mind that the item was delivered and keep some disputes from arising.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
with delivery confirmation it gives you a small claims case.. that would be taken to court in your town.. they will not appear in court you win.. if they do not pay then it gets set as non compliance to court and a bench warrant is issued..

but usually the letter from a lawyer letting them know for this 35$ item they are going to end up paying that plus lawyer fee and court fees, and if they fail to do that they will go to jail for a day - 3 go to court again and either pay up or do time for it.. there might be federal charges involved too.. not sure

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Glad to see you posted his name. I would also check with a mod on the rules about posting his address as he could try and make a new account and try to screw someone else with a new name.

Also I would agree highlighting his name and the explanation in red would be a good idea so it catches peoples attention if they are scrolling through the feedback thread.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
I just gotta say that I have made several transactions on the Classifieds here, and had nothing but great experiences. In fact, I prefer bying my stuff there, as everyone has been faster than most suppliers, more communicative, a pleasure to deal with, and have been appreciative of the business. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but you were right to name them, as much as it sucks to do.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
with delivery confirmation it gives you a small claims case.. that would be taken to court in your town.. they will not appear in court you win.. if they do not pay then it gets set as non compliance to court and a bench warrant is issued..

but usually the letter from a lawyer letting them know for this 35$ item they are going to end up paying that plus lawyer fee and court fees, and if they fail to do that they will go to jail for a day - 3 go to court again and either pay up or do time for it.. there might be federal charges involved too.. not sure

I don't know about UPS, but I know if you 1. used the US Postal Service and 2. you and your "trade partner" live in separate states, what this guy is doing can be found to constitute interstate mail fraud, which is investigated by the FBI and, after filing the charge with your state prosecutor's office, would be tried in a federal court. The outcome of the trial could result in court-ordered restitution, fines, and time in a federal prison for offenders -- especially if he has a history of such bad behavior.

This is why I like to pay for items with a postal money order when I buy private party. It's a heck of a lot more effective, IMHO, than any "arbitration process" that Paypal may impose.

EDIT: Oops, my bad... once electronic communications are involved (the post soliciting the sale, PMs, and e-mail exchanges) it is called wire fraud, and carries stiffer penalties than mail fraud... so, even better :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread