Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Smoky,

That is what you need if you buy 60 ml of 100 mg/ml:
CaptureNic.PNG

You would need:
1. Nic base - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_65&product_id=81
2. PG - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=133
3. VG - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=70&product_id=137
4. Flavoring (?) - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=79

Last edited:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I get my pg from Tractor Supply Company. It's 100% usp used for animal feed. $20 a gallon. It has a 2 yr shelf life, I gave a bunch away and still will end up throwing about half a gallon away next year! If there's not one near you, they have a website. (It's much cheaper then I've seen from ecig vendors. I get my VG from Walmart. It's located in the itch cream section. It's labled Humco Glycerine. it's 99.5% usp (basically as long as it says usp, you're good. the .5% is water in this case) It's $3 for 175ml. Then pick your flavors and nic. I got mine from Ecigexpress, but wizard labs and onestopdiyshop.com are good too. (last time I got my nic was from wizard labs cause it was cheaper.)

As far as mixing, I use 100mg/ml nic and mix down to 10mg/ml. just cause it's easy math. You can get whatever, though and there's plenty of calculators out there to help you with this. Just take into account what your concentrated nic is (pg or vg) when determining final ratios. Like, I get my nic in vg (because I have too much pg, lol)and say I mix up a 150 ml batch of 10mg base at 70pg/30vg:

15ml nic concentrate (in vg)
30ml vg
105ml pg

Biggest tip I can give you: Make a BIG batch of BASE (unflavored liquid). Let that steep for a few days, then make small flavored batches from that. There are many reasons why you should do this, not going to list any, but just know not only does it make it easier, it's also safer this way when using high concentrated nic.

ok, gotta get back to work, but hope some of this helps! :)

Last edited:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I get my pg from Tractor Supply Company. It's 100% usp used for animal feed. $20 a gallon. It has a 2 yr shelf life, I gave a bunch away and still will end up throwing about half a gallon away next year! If there's not one near you, they have a website. (It's much cheaper then I've seen from ecig vendors. I get my VG from Walmart. It's located in the itch cream section. It's labled Humco Glycerine. it's 99.5% usp (basically as long as it says usp, you're good. the .5% is water in this case) It's $3 for 175ml. Then pick your flavors and nic. I got mine from Ecigexpress, but wizard labs and onestopdiyshop.com are good too. (last time I got my nic was from wizard labs cause it was cheaper.)

As far as mixing, I use 100mg/ml nic and mix down to 10mg/ml. just cause it's easy math. You can get whatever, though and there's plenty of calculators out there to help you with this. Just take into account what your concentrated nic is (pg or vg) when determining final ratios. Like, I get my nic in vg (because I have too much pg, lol)and say I mix up a 150 ml batch of 10mg base at 70pg/30vg:

15ml nic concentrate (in vg)
30ml vg
105ml pg

Biggest tip I can give you: Make a BIG batch of BASE (unflavored liquid). Let that steep for a few days, then make small flavored batches from that. There are many reasons why you should do this, not going to list any, but just know not only does it make it easier, it's also safer this way when using high concentrated nic.

ok, gotta get back to work, but hope some of this helps! :)

thanks Cjax!! I went to TS, they don't sell it in my neck of the woods.. :/
Will go to the main site for them, too..
I did get my vg from wally world.. weee!! :p 2 small bottles, and yes, Humco usp..

will do the steep bit too.. off to think for a bit.

I really do appreciate the help, ya'll :) thanks bunches!!

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Another thing I'd say is for flavors, you save money by getting 30ml bottles, but you may end up not liking them. I learned the hard way and now I have about 5 or 6 big bottles of flavors that I hate, and I keep making bad juice with them trying to just make them work. (i'm just too cheap to throw them out, even though I know I won't like anything I mix them with.) Get small bottles until you're sure you like those flavors, then get the big ones.

p.s. stay far away from flavor west's Honeywood tobacco! I got 30ml's of that and I swear it tastes like I just vaped lavender potporri and ....!

p.p.s. that last part was a joke, but seriously, don't get it!

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
well, depends on how much flavor you use. lol. You don't seem to vape too much, and flavors do go a long way, so I think it's safe to just get 3 or 4 to try individually and mixing together. I'd say get things that you'd like by themselves but would also compliment each other. Really it's just like any recipe, some things go well together and some end up tasting like ....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread