Status
Not open for further replies.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Received the 10440 batties from Cloud9Vaping today, again great and fast service. I charged them and it seems that they are doing fine, at least the first one. It also appears they are "stronger" then the Deal Extreme batch I had (trashed them after one week already). Now let's see how long these will last, in terms of how long I can vape on one charged batty and how long they will last in general. I have got 4 for now, should be enough when I go out for a few hours. I do understand that you can use them for around 30 minutes when you are a heavy vapor like me, that's ok as long as that is the minimum otherwise I have to take more batties with me....

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Thanks for the feedback Emonty - I too have found that the 10440s that I currently stock to provide a better perfomance than the DX ones, although many people swear that they are the same thing repackaged.

Thanks for making up the battery list on page one of this thread, it was VERY helpful!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

From same page:

"Attention : These IMR cells have much lower internal resistance than regular LiIon 3.7V cells and they may end up with a higher ending voltage when charged in certain chargers ( especially older version WF-139 charger ). Please check the voltage of them right out of the charger to see if they are above 4.20V when fully charged with your charger. Overcharging above 4.25V may shorten life/cycles. Above 4.50V may even pop them or making them leak. DO NOT use the charger if it seems to overcharge IMR cells."

Besides making sure a battery fits your "device", make sure it is compatible with your charger, chemistry, charge rate, etc. The world of rechargeable batteries especially in chemistry, as well as proper charging has really advanced, and so have the complexities, and possible dangers. Not like the good ole days of nickel metal. Some may find this uTube video interesting, assuming you have not seen it already.

YouTube - Lithium Ion battery fire

Last edited:

JohnG

Jan 21, 2010
Netherlands
I got my GGTS today :D

As a former (no need to ever go back now that I have this GGTS beauty) E-pipe smoker I've got a lot of ICR18350 batt's lying around.

This batterys where alreydy metioned by vapnaway, the ones I have are the same modelnumber but slightly different in mah and color.

I bought them from heaven gifts, this are grey icr18350 900mah battery from Sailebao made by matcell battery company (sorry I'm not allowed to post any links yet).

This battery's fit and work very well in GGTS, is it ok to use them?

I am aware of the fact that these are unprotected batt's but I've used these for almost 2 years in may e-pipes and never had any problem.

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
I got my GGTS today :D

As a former (no need to ever go back now that I have this GGTS beauty) E-pipe smoker I've got a lot of ICR18350 batt's lying around.

This batterys where alreydy metioned by vapnaway, the ones I have are the same modelnumber but slightly different in mah and color.

I bought them from heaven gifts, this are grey icr18350 900mah battery from Sailebao made by matcell battery company (sorry I'm not allowed to post any links yet).

This battery's fit and work very well in GGTS, is it ok to use them?

I am aware of the fact that these are unprotected batt's but I've used these for almost 2 years in may e-pipes and never had any problem.

Congratulations John.

Just a note. Beware of unprotected batteries, as their risk increases a lot and starts to become serious, especially when you use them in pairs.

Just make sure each time you put 2 batteries in pair, to check with a good multimeter that they match each others in power.

Try better to dedicate some batteries only for solo uses, and others only for use in pair. And try not to mix between pairs. And also check regularly that the 2 batteries in each pair are still similar in power.

JohnG

Jan 21, 2010
Netherlands
Congratulations John.

Just a note. Beware of unprotected batteries, as their risk increases a lot and starts to become serious, especially when you use them in pairs.

Just make sure each time you put 2 batteries in pair, to check with a good multimeter that they match each others in power.

Try better to dedicate some batteries only for solo uses, and others only for use in pair. And try not to mix between pairs. And also check regularly that the 2 batteries in each pair are still similar in power.

Thx for your advice Mist_Of_Joye

Coming from you after what you experienced with unprotected batt's :shock:I'll take your advice more then serious!

I am not planning to smoke above 3.7 volts for the first week or so..no need to do so anyway...this miracle device delivers more vapor and throat hit then anything I've vaped before...even an E-pipe wich has significant bigger atomizer compared to the 801 ato I'm vaping at the moment can't beat this device!!
Must be the no wires no electronic parts etc thing..that makes a big difference..

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Yes please take caution with using any battery in pairs. Even the protected variety can cause problems and should not be taken for granted. I think that having the protection can be a false sense of security actually and cause someone to think that they are safe but those protection circuits can also fail on you and cause serious problems. Everyone should take what happened to Mist as a learning lesson and always take warning and follow what Mist said about watching the voltages of your paired batteries. I have labeled mine and gone as far as labeling the bottom of the end battery so I always put them in the same position in the PV. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but can't hurt.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Yes please take caution with using any battery in pairs. Even the protected variety can cause problems and should not be taken for granted. I think that having the protection can be a false sense of security actually and cause someone to think that they are safe but those protection circuits can also fail on you and cause serious problems. Everyone should take what happened to Mist as a learning lesson and always take warning and follow what Mist said about watching the voltages of your paired batteries. I have labeled mine and gone as far as labeling the bottom of the end battery so I always put them in the same position in the PV. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but can't hurt.

Good advice, as "most" of the issues reported have been when using two batteries in series. Also be real careful NOT to overcharge them, pull them out when your charger indicates a full charge, green light, whatever. Almost all of the less expensive chargers have been noted to overcharge, going past 4.2 volts if left on the charger. Some "trickle" charge which is BAD for these chemistries. Mostly "overcharging" is decreasing the batteries "life" and recharge cycles. Now I said "almost", seems it is hit or miss on how well or bad these models do on the voltages. Marking, labeling is SMART, and shows you are on top of the game, as well as reading voltages with even an inexpensive Radio Shack digital voltmeter is useful.

Barbanik

Nov 26, 2009
Greece
Congratulations John.

When you say ''match each others in power'', what difference passes the limits? And if 3.7 after charging go to 4.2, batteries 3.0 volts how they go?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
HI,

Does this fit in GG Slim ?

TrustFire TR10440 600mAh** 3.7V AAA Lithium ion Battery with Protection Circuit

•Dimensions: 10.25mm x 46.25mm

Product shows '600mAh' on label, the as tested capacity is 350mAh

Lets see. Went to the US site called Vapor Kings, looked at the SLIM, which I DO NOT OWN. And found this:

"The GG Slim two-tone features an aluminum body with solid brass end caps. It is a 100% mechanically activated PV that uses a 10440 3.7v lithium-ion battery (sold seperately). Virtually indestructible this will quite possibly be the LAST PV you ever buy. The old world styling and simple mechanical function of it makes it a work of art alone.

73mm long and 11mm wide it weighs in at a mere 0.7 ounces without the battery.

Compatible with all types of DSE901 style atomizers as well as slotted and non-slotted KR808D-1 style cartomizers. Button locks simply by unscrewing it about 2 turns preventing activation while in a pocket or purse."

Looks like it will, but you could wait to hear from other SLIM OWNERS, to be sure.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
HI,

Does this fit in GG Slim ?

TrustFire TR10440 600mAh** 3.7V AAA Lithium ion Battery with Protection Circuit

•Dimensions: 10.25mm x 46.25mm

Product shows '600mAh' on label, the as tested capacity is 350mAh

Thanks Macta for the quick response.
no ananda, it dont fit because its 2mm longer than the 44mm battery that slim takes:)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I just got my GGTT. I had ordered 123A 3.7 batts, assuming I could insert just one and vape at 3.7. However, it just clunks around inside the GGTT all by itself. :D

So I pulled out an Ultrafire 18650 3.7, figuring I would use that one alone. However, that one doesn't fit. It's too wide.

So what am I missing here?

Debbie

I think you probably mean the GGTS. You need to remove the top section The silver part just under the cap the atty goes on. :):):)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
We are working on a picture chart with all battery combinations. Hope this helps with this problem so everyone will know just by looking at pictures. But yes Stormy is correct. The atty cap screws directly onto the brass telescopic piece when using short batteries. You can use the 3.7v CR2 without spacers as well. Talk about a tiny device. It is shorter than the Slim actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread