battery for mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
im getting my first mec mod, so what are the best batteries to get for a mech mod??? obviously protected would be best??? mnke's dont have protection but high amp- are they the way to go?? international shipping too cause im from down under!!!! Im not so keen on fast tech - and batteries are one thing i don't mind getting top notch... will probably be doing 1.2 -ohm coils, not so sure about sub ohm ect just yet, still want the safest and best one to use on a mech.. thanx:vapor:

Last edited:

notawoman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Las Vegas
From what I've read, I believe the protected batteries are of a different chemistry than high drain IMR's. That is why they require a protection circuit. High drain IMR's are safe chemistry designed to vent and can handle high amperage.

If you aren't going too low ohm I would say either would be fine, but I would honestly go with AW IMR's everytime or MNKE's. Some people say efest are good as well, they are the tier 2 batteries and a little cheaper. I would rather pay a bit more for that added bit of security.

Vedra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
California
If you decide to go mech without a protection circuit of any kind, you better be familiar with electronics. Get a good meter, and use it. Don't rely on Chinese workmanship. I test every new head, coil, or device that goes on my mech out of habit, but when using fully unprotected rigs, you can't be too cautious. IMR batts are designed with a SAFER chem, but that doesn't mean they are safe when they fail.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
yea -sweet, wasn't 100% sure, i thought you had to use protected on a mec mod.. i probably wont go below 1ohm and i guess the amps on a mnke should handle it.. i do like the aw's thats all i use in my v.v-v.w mods, i thought if im flirting around that 1ohm point the amp limit might be a bit dodgy on the aw's.. i think they have 10amp limit?.. i would prefer to stick with the safer chem batteries- i'll keep reading up, like i said this will be my first venture into a mec mod.. i didnt think i'd bother with them because i like the ease and saftey features of mod like the evic and pro v's --but i gotta get this mec!!!! its too cool !!! thank you for info.

Last edited:

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
If you decide to go mech without a protection circuit of any kind, you better be familiar with electronics. Get a good meter, and use it. Don't rely on Chinese workmanship. I test every new head, coil, or device that goes on my mech out of habit, but when using fully unprotected rigs, you can't be too cautious. IMR batts are designed with a SAFER chem, but that doesn't mean they are safe when they fail.

I'd be more concerned running a "protected" battery with a cheap Chinese PCB in it than I am running a safer chemistry battery.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
i don't use protected in my evic - only use aw's ect.. and your probably right about the chinese protected batteries...id like to stick with the safer chem batts-- thats why im seeking advice from you pros for safest set up on a mec with 1-1.2ohm coils.. i sure don't wanna go "click-bang"!!

Last edited:

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
Fasttech has genuine batteries, I picked up the sony 30A (yes 30 Amps) and they work great in my mechanical mods. If you are not extreme vaping sub ohm builds i would get the panisonic ncr18650pd 10A rated, they last forever on a charge. I went from swapping 18650 AW's twice a day to a fresh battery once daily. I changed the panisonic at mid day when my AW's would be dead and the charger said 4.0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread