Battery/Mod question for sub ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClutchMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
New Orleans
Hi Guys. I was just wondering what is the safest batteries to use for sub ohm coils. I have a bunch of AW IMRs (1600 and 2000 mah) and a couple of AW Protected batteries (The big black flat top ones). The only mechanical mod I have right now is a Silver Bullet. Are the AWs the safest ones to use? Also, is the Silver bullet OK, or should I get another mechanical? I've been checking out the Empire clones and thinking about getting one of those as well. Thanks!

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
In a mech you'd want to use your AW IMR's, not the protected ones.

Also, especially just getting started with sub ohm coils, use some kind of safety fuse like the ShortStop.

If you want sub ohm performance but like the idea of playing it a little safer AND getting a better vape then read through the micro coil thread.. I'd take a 1.2ohm micro over a .8ohm "normal" coil any day.

ClutchMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
New Orleans
AW 1600 IMR's it is then! I have an Igo-L that I've been practicing on and I think I'm starting to get a little better at wrapping coils. I just ordered a couple of the Octopus RDA's (they look a lot easier since they have the holes in the posts). My biggest issue was wrapping the wire around the screw on the Igo-L. I have huge hands and bad eyes lol! Thanks for all the feedback. So what do you guys think about the Silver Bullet? I guess a mechanical mod is a mechanical mod any way you slice it, right? I just haven't seen anyone using one with a rebuildable yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread