Battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
I received a new smoktech 1100mah ego winder battery with a charging pack about a week ago. It worked fine for a week but now when I put it on charge the light just stays on like it is constantly charging. If I take it off and use it the battery dies after about 10 puffs. I have been charging using my Samsung wall charger which is for my android phone, after some reading and checking the charger it is 2.0A so maybe that was a bad idea. Is it possible I've just damaged the charger, are there any risks in getting another ego charger and attempting to charge the battery from my laptop this time.

Last edited:

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
it shouldnt hurt the charger, I've been using a Asus Nexus 7 charger (which is 2 amps) for a while on my egos.

that being said, you could have a bad cell. I'd take the battery back to your local shop you bought it from (or contact the online seller) and see if they cant swap it out for you.

EDIT: And o t make it perfectly clear;

ITs Wall Wart -> Ego Proprietary Charger -> Ego Battery. Unless its pass through idk how you can get a ego to charge off usb without the correct charger....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread