battery question for DNA30

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanatc

Jul 24, 2010
Virginia
I recently got back into vaping. One of my coworkers owns a B&M shop so I purchased a DNA30 clone through them. The battery it came with was a trustfire 2400mah battery which I believe has an max output rating of 7.5A. I questioned them about it and they said that since it was a regulated mod and not mechanical, it was safe to use this battery in the device. I didn't really feel too comfortable about it so I got an efest 1600mah 30A to replace it. Is he correct that it is safe to use the trustfire? I wouldn't mind having the extra battery life.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I recently got back into vaping. One of my coworkers owns a B&M shop so I purchased a DNA30 clone through them. The battery it came with was a trustfire 2400mah battery which I believe has an max output rating of 7.5A. I questioned them about it and they said that since it was a regulated mod and not mechanical, it was safe to use this battery in the device. I didn't really feel too comfortable about it so I got an efest 1600mah 30A to replace it. Is he correct that it is safe to use the trustfire? I wouldn't mind having the extra battery life.

Was he correct??? Yes and no. Most regulate devices will not fire beyond the limitations of the battery. Still bad advice. You could technically use it if you did very conservative builds and not crank up the power. But you will never be able to use your device to it's fullest potential or run any lower ohm builds. And you will always have to do calculations to make sure you are pushing the battery beyond it's limits. Do yourself a favor and grab yourself a Samsung 25R or Sony VTC 4 or 5. That way there is no worrying and you can run what you want at the power you want. Within the limitations of a 30w device obviously.

If it was me I would not use the battery at all. And I would personally not take that guys advice again. He should not be giving advice like that. Especially owning a shop. Even 12-15w devices usually recommend at least a 10a draw battery.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
They're actually a decent shop, just getting started. I'll talk to them about getting better batteries available.

Not trying to be rude but you need to talk to them about not giving bad advice. Have some product and safety knowledge before shelling out false information. So many people getting into the vape shop game. They need to know what they are doing before passing on information to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread