Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am purchasing a smok GX350 and I am hoping to avoid having to buy a full set of 4 batteries to use with it.

I have two sets of dual batteries I had married up to use in dual battery devices. Both sets of 2 are 25a samsungs and are roughly the same age though one set might be a month or two older. All 4 batteries still look fairly new.

I also have 3 25a Sonys which I was using in my Reuleaux and another single 25a Sony I was using in single battery mods. The single Sony is roughly the same age as the 3 I've married up for the Reuleaux but the 3 have probably had more use than the single battery.

Just what are the safety parameters when marrying up 4 batteries for the recent spate of quad battery mods? Where do you draw the line and what would be considered an unsafe marrying of batteries?

Other than making sure all batteries are charged the same and are the same make and amperage is there is anything else I should consider? Are my above battery setups safe to marry into a quad configuration for my smok GX350?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Mooch is still running tests on the importance of marrying cells and how effective/necessary it really is. Thread here:
Battery marriage...needed or not? Testing starts soon.

The point of marrying cells is to keep them as close as possible in aging from the point of purchase forward. It is considered as a guideline by some and as a strict rule by others.

Personally I would lean more towards the strict rule side until the test results are posted(and quite possibly even after).

Unless I am absolutely sure about the dates of purchase and how many cycles my cells have been through and I have been vigilant about using the same cutoff voltage for all my batteries that I am considering using together. Basically Im looking for 4 batteries that are VERY well matched(8 if I want backups). I wouldnt go with close "enough", especially with older cells(6+ months). I would at the very least be looking for batteries that were all purchased together(obviously same make and model).

I would recommend getting a new set of 4 batteries just for this mod. If you dont want to spend the money to get fresh cells for your new mod then you should probably not get the mod.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Good thinking Anthony, I see way too often here where people will buy a 100$ mod, a 50$ topper, spend 30$ for a small bottle of Boutique Juice , then cheap out on the batteries

Troll? Seeing a lot of these posts. Member since 2010? 4,000 posts. Hmmmm

Reactions: BackDoc

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Troll? Seeing a lot of these posts. Member since 2010? 4,000 posts. Hmmmm
not sure in this case Dan, but I've been noticing allot of strange questions lately coming from new members.....Could be just they are uninformed, especially if they go into most B+Ms and certainly the info on the web can be confusing.....But Yes, there are Trolls among us for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread