The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Battery upside down?

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by Lilac, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Scotland
    Hi Tim, My Don leaks occasionally into the battery compartment, i got the V2 901 atomiser fitting to see if that would stop it, but it hasn't...

would it be okay to use the battery the 'wrong' way round, ie, bottom to the atomiser, as it looks like it would be harder for the juice to seep into the battery that way?

I've just bought 2 new 18350's from you for the minidon and don't want them ruined :cry:

2. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Lilac!

That shouldn't really happen unless you are really flooding the atomiser but even then i would have thought it would be minimal.

Inevitably yes you can reverse the battery if that helps your situation. ;-)

3. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Scotland
    Thanks Tim....it's working fine that way round anyway, lol

I don't flood the atties, i don't think, only 3 drops at a time and no gurgles, but i do find the 901's to leak a bit...maybe i could do with tightening the nut on the underneath of the top cap a bit more, i just did it finger tight..

I love my wee minidon...it's just so dinky :laugh:

4. afrazier5

afrazier5 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I remember hearing that the 901's tend to leak due to the air hole design. I recall that if you put a drip tip around it that it would capture any leakage. Jason or Rob at ElectronicStix should be able to give you some guidance.

Second to this, you might also look into one of the goosenecks which add some distance between your PV and the tip which will preserve any damage to it.

5. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Scotland
    Thanks for your reply, afrazier, i have one of these..
    The Empire Drip Shield - Part 1 - UK Vapers
    which are supposed to work well, unfortunately i can't find my 901-808 adapter, so haven't been able to try it yet :blush:

6. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Scotland
    Tried the drip shield, its lubberly :D

7. Lilac

Lilac Full Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Scotland
  8. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008