Bauway/SLB 510 Atomizers (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
If thats just the way that they are, maybe the experiment wasn't a total loss... now I know the 510 is not what i'm looking for (which is less refill hassle than the 401, while retaining satisfactory vapor + flavor). I've got some KR808D cartos on the way maybe that will be the ticket. And I guess I'll just have to try the 901s and some of the penstyle attys too (302 probably).

I will revisit these SLB5 510 attys on a true 3.7v battery (when i get one) and 5v (when i get something that lets me do that) and hope for better results. But for now, I think they're going on the shelf.
You don't know that. All the original praise was for the Joye 510, not the imitations that came later. Flavor may not be like a Smoore M401, but some people opt for, and prefer the superior vapor, heat and throat hit that a Joye 510 provides.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
You don't know that. All the original praise was for the Joye 510, not the imitations that came later. Flavor may not be like a Smoore M401, but some people opt for, and prefer the superior vapor, heat and throat hit that a Joye 510 provides.

I guess that's true. I still don't know that of the Joye510, and I'm still curious about that too.

I said I may regret my post and I do. You see, I was wanting to try a Joye510 atty on the lower voltage stock batts since they are low resistance (2.2). And I was just disappointed that the kit I got came with something quite different than that. I'll find a use for these attys all the same, and the batts too.

In fact I took them with me today instead of my 40x supplies. I woke in the morning and rather than tediously fill a small armada of 401 carts, I quickly topped of the 2 much larger 510 carts I had started on the night before and took them and a dropper bottle with me for the day.

Flavors are different and generally more subdued than I'm accustomed to, but it worked.

<edit>
So I've been using these batts and DSE/SLB 510 attys for a couple of days now and they are growing on me. The cart size is luxurious compared to the 40x. I really like that. I do have to lean on the manual button to get these attys cranking on the stock batts, but once they build up a head of steam they do put out a decent amount of vapor and it's not a bad tasting vape. I think my initial violent reaction to the flavor was misplaced due to trying a unknown liquid that happens to not taste so great and maybe some primer (although I didn't think there was any, maybe there was). They do flood pretty easily when dripping and intervention is required to get things working again (but i'm a total noob at 510 dripping). I have yet to get a burnt taste out of these things on the manual batts despite running them quite dry (higher resistance coming into play there).

The Fried Apples sample that came extra with my first order (thnx MapVapes) taste great on these things.
</edit>

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
IMO they vape great at 5v. On a regular 510 batt, they're pretty useless.

Yup. I've shelved the SLB510s for now since I don't have anything with enough juice to drive them. I think this is why I was flooding them so easily with dripping. They don't produce enough heat to vape away excess liquid when used on normal batts.

I'm using the regular 510 batts that came with the mismatched "kit" to drive m401 attys (via an adapter). The 510 batts run at a somewhat higher voltage than the 40x batts, so its like running them on a 401 passthru.

LUVMY901

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
ARIZONA
When will the Bauway's be back in stock, it work's pretty good, but the new SLB's don't work with the regular 510 battery, and the long 510 battery's only get it to pump maybe half the vaper as the Bauway.:(
The Bauway lasted a week and the SLB is all I got until I can get a replacement. I have a joy510 spare, I guess I'll have to fire it up until I can find a replacement somewhere.
Do you have any Bauway's that may have fell behind the self or something?
Maybe the dog is chewing on some, I'll take those.:)

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
When will the Bauway's be back in stock, it work's pretty good, but the new SLB's don't work with the regular 510 battery, and the long 510 battery's only get it to pump maybe half the vaper as the Bauway.:(
The Bauway lasted a week and the SLB is all I got until I can get a replacement. I have a joy510 spare, I guess I'll have to fire it up until I can find a replacement somewhere.
Do you have any Bauway's that may have fell behind the self or something?
Maybe the dog is chewing on some, I'll take those.:)

That's very interesting. So the Bauway's vape better at stock voltage than the SLBs even though the listed ohm rating is the same? I've only got the SLBs so I haven't been able to compare the two.

Did the Bauway only last a week on a standard batt? I've been using an SLb for for over a week at 5v and it's still going strong. Perhaps these attys are more different than I thought :confused:

Once they're back in stock, I might have to try some Bauways on my soon to arrive Mini Vape Stack. Can't wait to try out that little beast! :p

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Have some bauway's on order, maybe they'll be in next week.. Bauways seem to heat up a tad faster but I've been using nothing but SLB's and besides giving them an extra second or two and one 'build up a head of steam' (thanks madness), they seem to me to produce about the same amount of vapor..

VapeStack is sweet. I can't put mine down and chef Scott traded in his 905 for one :)

LUVMY901

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
ARIZONA
That's very interesting. So the Bauway's vape better at stock voltage than the SLBs even though the listed ohm rating is the same? I've only got the SLBs so I haven't been able to compare the two.

Did the Bauway only last a week on a standard batt? I've been using an SLb for for over a week at 5v and it's still going strong. Perhaps these attys are more different than I thought :confused:

Once they're back in stock, I might have to try some Bauways on my soon to arrive Mini Vape Stack. Can't wait to try out that little beast! :p

Update:
Sense I couldn't get any vapor out of my SLB after a day and a half of trying, I went back to my Bauway, as it was still producing a little more vapor than the SLB. Did a couple of short dry burns again and it started to get better, now after a day it's going pretty good again. Not like new, but pretty good.

I will buy the Bauway again. Unless I see some good positive post about the SLB on standard 510 battery's, I will pass on those. I could have got a bad one, but I don't believe in throwing good money after bad. I liked the old style, wish they would have kept it the same.
So while I'm waiting for the Bauway's to come in, I saw a sale on BC-510 atty's, never heard of them, but will give it a try.
I just hope they don't come out with a new style Bauway.
I have a feeling the manufacture's are making these new styles because of the high fail rate of high voltage user's. There's no good reason to buy a standard kit anymore, sense you can find atty's that will work on the battery's, except for the expensive & unpridictable Joy atty's.:(

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The SLB510 atty does work better on the VapeStack than a stock 510 batt. I still have to lean on the button to let it "warm up" a bit, but I can run it on the VapeStack with pretty good results. This atty isn't broken in really, maybe it'll change with a little more usage? If it doesn't "break in" sufficiently I'll keep these SLB510s (i have 2 of them) in reserve until I have a 5v setup of some kind (soon).

So far, I think the 901 atty I have is a better vape on the Mini-VapeStack. More vapor, more flavor, no warming up required. Performs well throughout the range that I operate the battery, 4.2 when freshly charged down to 3.5 or so when I decide its time to recharge. Doesn't drown as easily (but is leaky, dammit).

But the SLB510 sure is hitting the spot for me right now :)

Looking forward to trying a Joye510 on the VapeStack. I think then I'll finally understand what people see in the 510 and be able to form an opinion about 510 vs 901. This is so much more fun than smoking. Smoking was never a hobby like this is.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Bauways = ARRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

They work awesome on my V2, tons of vapor, and they barely leak juice like a regular 510

But I haven't got one to last more than a week... Last night I had one that was kicking like a mule and working like a fog machine then I screwed it on to my V2 today and nothing... It must have died in it's sleep

They're junk AFAIK, but when they work they work

Hawk52501

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
Iowa, USA
On my last order I tried out the SLB, and it seemed to have a harder draw than usual, and produced very little vaper on 3.7v stock 510 batteries, and not quite enough on 4.2v mods. On my 5v mod the vaper was great but it still had a hard draw for some reason.

This time I ordered a Bauway, and was expecting the same experience so I took a harder draw, like i'm used to on the SLB, and I almost choked to death from the clouds of vapor! My only complaint with these is they seem to drain carts pretty quickly, but with all the vapor produced I can see why:)

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I like Bauway attys better. The vapor is unreal and they last longer than other 510's I have had. They dont heat up as quickly which works perfectly on the 5V box mod. I would recommed either one from Mark. These 2 attys are the by far the best 510's I have ever bought in the 3.2 - 3.5 ohm range. Best $7 you can spend for an atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread