BD Vape Precisio MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I was a Doggy lover, now a True MTL devotee. I just won a BD vape (Fumytech's high end brand) Precisio MTL, from HeavensGifts. I'm really liking it a lot. Was talking about it in the True thread, but thought it'd be good to carry on the conversation here. So here's a reply to a post from that thread:
Congratulations and enjoy!

So, talk to me, Dawg. How airy/tight is the draw. I like loose MTL.
I'll tell a little more about it after spending time with it. But I generally don't go really tight. I keep the True wide open almost all the time, and did with the Doggy as well. This one has 2 slots under the coil, and they look fairly large, so I didn't think I'd like it that much. The side afc has a row of 5 small holes to select one/more/all of, or a long slot to leave any amount open. I've tried it wide open and down to one small hole, and it kind of surprised me. I prefer it more shut down, but it somehow doesn't really affect the quality of the vape. It's really great wide open or almost shut. Wide open, I guess would be a restricted direct lung. This is the first tank I've tried that does (imo) both really well. But for those that like super (Berserker) tight, it's probably not for you.

So it sounds like it'd be right up your alley, Katya.

Funny, but I've never been one too concerned with looks. But I can't stop looking at this one.
upload_2019-11-20_8-57-59.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I don't really do reviews, and you can all see what Vic, Mike, and the others say about it, so I won't repeat any of that. But some initial thoughts. Keep in mind I'm on my first build.
  • Absolutely perfect machining and finishing, arrives clean and pristine. The ultra-fine knurling is useful but looks great. At a glance, it's so fine it doesn't even look like that utilitarian knurling, but just a blasted, matte finish. Overall, a simple, functional, but beautiful tank aesthetically, with clean lines, few "dirt traps."
  • Nothing really groundbreaking in design, but seems to have taken really good ideas from predecessors with minor tweaks and improvements.
  • Big, strong, thick deck coil screws, long enough you can easily back them out far enough without losing.
  • Almost exactly the same size as the True (22mm), but manages to have 2.7ml capacity vs. 2. 2 ml is fine with me, but at the same size, more capacity is a plus for some, I guess. And not too tall - only a mm or two taller than doggy.
  • Top fill has very wide open slots, easy to fill even if you use a glass dropper. Clean top, unlike the True. And also unlike true, no press-fit with a proprietary gasket. This is the one thing about True that worried me for long term use. This uses only standard looking o-rings, so should be servicable for years, which is a huge plus for me.
  • Easy to build. I already mentioned the deck screws, which have the side bars, to lock in the coil. I know I cut my wick way too long on first build (I used similar length to True's), didn't thin, then just kind of jammed it into the wells. I expected issues, but it's performing fine anyway, so it's pretty forgiving so far. I used my standard 28g 316ss, 2mm ID, 7 wraps, .58 ohm, spaced, >1mm from air intake port.
  • Delivers a great vape at a wide range of airflow. I typically used doggies & True wide open, but am liking this shut down to 1 or 2 holes. It has 5 holes that you can select one or more of, or rotate further to a long slot to choose any opening you like. And unlike most atties that do mtl and rlh, this one still delivers a dense, flavorful vape wide open, even with a slow draw. And it goes open enough that I think it'd satisfy those that like a restricted lung hit (yeah, looking at you @AngeNZ! ;))
  • Should be tough as nails. Solid SS and very thick ultem, no glass. Maybe they'll have a glass or other options later. When disassembling the ultem doesn't need to be unthreaded, so it wouldn't degrade the threads unless you totally disassemble for cleaning. And I wouldn't even do that. I really prefer a less "peekaboo" style, so I can see the juice level at a glance. But there are durability advantages to a design like this.
  • Oh, and no JFC. For some that may be a negative. For me, I don't want to mess with that. IMO, a tank should just flow properly without my intervention, so I won't buy a tank with JFC.
  • Drip tip is just my style- not too long, and no metal end (hard to vape in a moving golf cart without worrying I'll chip my teeth!)
Overall, I think for me it delivers a vape very similar to True- dense, flavorful, with great TH. But in this "stock-up for life" environment, this tank really seems like a keeper. I'll be able to buy o-rings forever. But I won't be able to replace True's top gasket when it inevitably fails. This costs more right now, but I think it's around $40. At this point, it seems worth it to me.

I'm hopeful that it's successful enough that there will be options for the tank and drip tip tip.

upload_2019-11-20_9-34-37.png

Oh, and thanks @Vera ! Great win!

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    It's also made by Fumytech - they brought out the Rose MTL RTA and the Gotank mtl rta. I have a gotank, and it is bulletproof - never leaked, gurgled, dry hitted or did anything wrong. It was just a tad too tight with its 2mm id airflow hole.

As soon as I saw this new RTA, I had my eye on it. The deck can definitely do anything from restricted lung to MTL:
    authentic-fumytech-bdvape-precisio-mtl-pure-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-ss-ultem-27ml-22mm-dia.jpg

So yes Katya, this is right in your ballpark ;)

Buy Authentic Fumytech BDvape Precisio MTL Pure RTA 22mm Tank Atomizer

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Want one. Can only find on the slow boat. LOL

Anna

Fumytech's Rose 2 is my BELOVED of most beloved RTAs. I run it with a single diagonal coil I Must Have This.

The slow boat is better than No boato_O
    You know you want one Anna;)

Reactions: bigbob2322

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Want one. Can only find on the slow boat. LOL

Anna

Fumytech's Rose 2 is my BELOVED of most beloved RTAs. I run it with a single diagonal coil I Must Have This.

The slow boat is better than No boato_O
    You know you want one Anna;)
    Heaven Gifts will get it to you in time to put in your own stocking, Anna!

Only a couple of days, but I'm finding I don't really reach for the True. I generally have a couple of setups on my desk at the office, and the True is really feeling neglected. This is really a nice vape. I was just thinking about ordering another.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    How smooth is the airflow and is it closer to Sxk Doggystyle tightness or Sjmy tightness.
    I generally used both doggies (SXK & SJMY) wide open, Bob. I think most people do, because the AFC really doesn't do much until you fiddle with it to get a tiny crescent shaped opening. Precisio can be way more open if you dial it to the big slot, or I've got it on 2 holes open now, which is a fair amount tighter than I vaped doggies. But somehow, this thing really produces a lot of vapor even with very little airflow, so I kind of like it tighter than any other atty I've used. And I'd say it's a good deal smoother, and more silent than either the doggy or True.

Not even kidding, the True was an improvement over Doggy for me, but this one is an even bigger improvement over the True. I'm gonna have to get another. Or three.

Oh, and one other good thing I just realized: Because the bottom is solid, and the afc ring sits on top of the base rather than surrounding it, you don't get the condensation seepage under the tank, between it and the mod.

L to R- Precisio, True, Doggy.

Only bad thing so far is, looking at this, I see you're not supposed to vape it while in a trash can. I can live with that.
    upload_2019-11-22_17-25-26.png

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Fumytech's Rose 2 is my BELOVED of most beloved RTAs.
    It kills me every time you mention that... I could have had one for $6 and waited too long
    Brew, that really looks like a winner! I don't just mean appearance, but everything about it. I'm low budget but maybe some day I'll manage to get one. I had actually decided the True would be my next RTA... now I have a better one to consider.
    BTW, very happy with my two Silverplays... so versatile (cand do MTL and restricted DTL) Tricky design though.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    It kills me every time you mention that... I could have had one for $6 and waited too long
    Brew, that really looks like a winner! I don't just mean appearance, but everything about it. I'm low budget but maybe some day I'll manage to get one. I had actually decided the True would be my next RTA... now I have a better one to consider.
    BTW, very happy with my two Silverplays... so versatile (cand do MTL and restricted DTL) Tricky design though.
    Obviously, I think they're both great. But $35 or so, this should be virtually a lifetime atty, based on design, build, and materials. And it really is great. Temper all my enthusiasm with the fact I've only owned it for a couple of days, but still...at this point, I couldn't recommend any atty higher than I would this one.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Fumytech makes nice stuff. I have 9 roses (3 in use) and well, I have broken one glass.

I feel kinda guilty although I didn't pay 6 bucks but I did pay like 9.

I got the dragon ball Z but I have not set it up yet. Also I need an adaptor because I suck on no tailpipes. Nope.

I also got like 2 of the (maybe last-ish) Ali baba knockoff poison plastic something replacement tubes. Setting it up is low on my priority list ATM, holiday season and selling the house comes first, but one day, it Shall Happen.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread