Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
ok, one out of how many MILLION have been sold...hmmmm

Why is it do I think of the lady in the trailer trying to describe the sound of the tornado when I see this picture?
article-0-1B9AEA3E000005DC-268_634x324.jpg

Oh and take a REAL close look at this picture...tell me what you see on the USB plug
article-0-1B9AEA26000005DC-8_634x329.jpg

Cant find a clear picture of the emblem strikethru on 4.2vdc battery packs

I got one of those gas station e cigs a long time ago...came with a USB adapter the ecig stick screwed into, it was a straight thru 5vdc output, there wasn't a regulator in it...putting it on a 4.2vdc Li Ion battery...well she used the product outside it's intended use...we will get the bad press though!

Probably got one of those greensmartliving packs from the gas station, then got a eGo battery, it screws on so why not use it to charge my battery...BOOM!

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Ah here it is

ECigarette2.jpg

With what you know about eGo batteries would you say the above image is not in conjunction with "intended use" of product?

Education, maybe a simple printed sheet with explanation of batteries and a warning saying DO NOT USE IMPROPER CHARGERS ON THIS DEVICE would have prevented this incident and incidents like it in the future...or are ALL Li Ion batteries now suspect and we need a buncha new laws to protect us from ourselves?

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I hear ya WarHawk-AVG, but I doubt written warnings are enough to prevent wrong chargers being used. What will do it is if non-standard chargers and batteries are designed so they can not be paired incorrectly with standard equipment.

Unfortunately it will probably take a few lawsuits to convince manufacturers to do this.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I hear ya WarHawk-AVG, but I doubt written warnings are enough to prevent wrong chargers being used. What will do it is if non-standard chargers and batteries are designed so they can not be paired incorrectly with standard equipment.

Unfortunately it will probably take a few lawsuits to convince manufacturers to do this.

Totally supported. Unfortunately, China feeds the masses not the odd dude. In 2009 they had reverse polarity chargers, thank God they have moved a way from them. Then they had proprietary chargers, which personally I support. Once again unfortunately we are back to square one buying all your gear from X. <--- not a good thing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread