The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My name's Altaire, and I'm a recovering smoker (u_u)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Altaire Versailles, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NiNi

NiNi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Paulden, Arizona
    Dude, it's cool! <- so 70's!!! Some of us need to touch the stove occasionally to see if we'll get burned, again! Twas Brillig, fine choice, that's far better than a pack of cigs.:thumb:

2. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    No big deal on the slip Altaire Versailles ... I really enjoyed reading your post :)

Thought I would also quote you ... to remind myself why I quit.

Cheers dude :2cool:

3. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    Since I switched to vaping only 50 days ago I have slipped and bought a pack 3 times and even though I thought the taste was kinda gross and the smell was awful I finished each pack-then went right back to vaping again with no problems...
    I bought the packs out of feelings of stress more than any craving, I guess cigs have always been my first line of defense against stress for some reason. The first couple of times it was due to lack of good ejuice and technical problems with vaping equipment also.
    I'm not beating myself up over it though because it was only 3 times when normally I would have smoked at least a pack EACH AND EVERY ONE of those last 50 days just like I did for the last 33 years, so I feel like that's some real progress.

Congrats to you!

4. Altaire Versailles

Altaire Versailles Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    Yeah, i think there is some kind of comfort in taking control of your own destruction on some level when youre going through external stresses. Theres something to that, i don't know exactly what, but...

5. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    Sometimes I think it does you good to burn one. Makes you realize just how nasty and smelly they are. It reinforces the need to keep away.

6. Altaire Versailles

Altaire Versailles Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    Did it. Flipped it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.