• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Becoming a vaping junkie....should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Been vaping 18mg and can't stop. The ability to vape at will has me going nuts on it! Damn the SOB who invented RY4! lol It's definitely screwing up my sleep but I'm ok with that for now. I really don't think it's more than 4 mils a day. I'm thinking of going to a lower nic juice but am afraid the analog cravings will return. I definitely crave the juice more than I ever craved analogs, and I was a pack a day for 40 years. What do you think? Scale back the nic level?
Thanks in advance for your replies!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I use a lower nic liquid when I find myself with my PV permanently attached to my mouth. Usually I'm at 18mg and have been for almost 3 years, but I have some 8mg for evenings and when it's a pacifier. I do keep some 24mg around for stronger cravings.

The nice thing about vaping is that you can adjust the level as needed.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I use a lower nic liquid when I find myself with my PV permanently attached to my mouth. Usually I'm at 18mg and have been for almost 3 years, but I have some 8mg for evenings and when it's a pacifier. I do keep some 24mg around for stronger cravings.

The nice thing about vaping is that you can adjust the level as needed.
Wow 3 years! Good for you!

CanuckGod

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Calgary
I love to vape and went from 24mg to 0 in a year. I had no withdrawal cravings for the nic. If you want to do it, just drop slowly. a few mg at a time either with DIY or mixing a lower nic version into your 18mg.

Or vape your 18 in the morning and a lower version at night. That might help you sleep better.

That might be an idea, I do have the occasional bout with insomnia (working nights) so maybe lowering the nic level before bed would help with that.

Off topic, love the avatar pic, that cat looks almost exactly like my sister's cat Gizmo (except hers is a lot fatter).

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
I used to have that problem as well, chain vaping 24mg right before going to bed - I would toss and turn for an hour before being able to sleep, almost as though I'd just drank a Red Bull (nicotine is a known stimulant so it's no surprise).

I eventually managed to avoid vaping about an hour before going to bed, but now that I'm vaping 4mg I really have no issues vaping right before bed anymore.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Been vaping 18mg and can't stop. The ability to vape at will has me going nuts on it! Damn the SOB who invented RY4! lol It's definitely screwing up my sleep but I'm ok with that for now. I really don't think it's more than 4 mils a day. I'm thinking of going to a lower nic juice but am afraid the analog cravings will return. I definitely crave the juice more than I ever craved analogs, and I was a pack a day for 40 years. What do you think? Scale back the nic level?
Thanks in advance for your replies!

The only time you should feel concern is if you are called into a room with all your loved ones present, and there is a film crew their from A & E's "Intervention!" Then you might have a problem!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
The only time you should feel concern is if you are called into a room with all your loved ones present, and there is a film crew their from A & E's "Intervention!" Then you might have a problem!

I experienced a similar situation recently. I guess "But it's Pyrex baby!" is not a valid excuse for a purchase after a declaration of no more purchases.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I experienced a similar situation recently. I guess "But it's Pyrex baby!" is not a valid excuse for a purchase after a declaration of no more purchases.

Sounds like our "other halves" could be Sisters! I ran the gamut a while ago too, but essentially I just gave up with the excuses. Now I just look pitiful while kicking at the ground holding my vape mail envelope and utter the words, "I'm sorry, but I am sooooo weak (with a well timed sniffle)!"

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Now I just look pitiful while kicking at the ground holding my vape mail envelope and utter the words, "I'm sorry, but I am sooooo weak (with a well timed sniffle)!"

:lol:

I feel the same way every time - my wife and I come home together from work, so when we get to the door she grabs the mail and I open the door and I always have that look of guilt and shame when she hands me a package.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
For me it's a "suddenly I feel ill" moment at work as soon as the status of my package is updated on CP, then it's a race home hoping that the wife wasn't "feeling ill" at work too! I care not to remember how many foot rubs I've had to administer after she beats me to the mailbox and finds a "I'll never order again" package! But at least my hands are baby soft!!

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Meh, there were many years of my lady getting things in the mail from Ebay every second day, so now it is my turn! pimp2.gif

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
For me it's a "suddenly I feel ill" moment at work as soon as the status of my package is updated on CP, then it's a race home hoping that the wife wasn't "feeling ill" at work too! I care not to remember how many foot rubs I've had to administer after she beats me to the mailbox and finds a "I'll never order again" package! But at least my hands are baby soft!!
lmao! If I wake up in the middle of the night I check the Canada Post app on my iPhone to see if a shipment's status has been updated!

Knotar

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
St. Thomas Ontario
This is a hilarious thread. It was just this afternoon while making a small purchase from online that I thought to myself "6 months with egos, I'm gonna get a lava tube". I felt so guilty. 2 hours later the wife gets home while me and a friend were chilling on the couch and says "oh good your friend is here, that means you can't get as mad at me". It turns out she spent over $300 on 2 new chairs. Now I don't feel so bad. In fact, I think I deserve a couple more things.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton

Thanks to you I'm already preparing for the inevitable "another tank?" question when I get my custom sand blasted "Steal Your Face" Phiniac!

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
This is a hilarious thread. It was just this afternoon while making a small purchase from online that I thought to myself "6 months with egos, I'm gonna get a lava tube". I felt so guilty. 2 hours later the wife gets home while me and a friend were chilling on the couch and says "oh good your friend is here, that means you can't get as mad at me". It turns out she spent over $300 on 2 new chairs. Now I don't feel so bad. In fact, I think I deserve a couple more things.

Phhhht, chairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread