Before I decide on GG stealth..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimochi-ii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Qwiyomi
I hear a lot of people comparing the GG to the Smoktech Natural. I have never personally used the GG but the Smoketech was not a bad unit. I am not recommending one over the other. Just pointing out that it exists :)

That good enough. And that what I need to know existence of alternative. I can do the rest of research :) Thanks!

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Any comment on both?

Not much I can tell you that you probably didn't know. The Natural is a China mod, albeit a nice one, it's decent. The GG is a fine tuned piece of machinery, I've had a lot and that was one of the few mods to ever make me say wow.

For out and about, I have a Roller. Lightweight, telescopes 18350-18650 and the best button imo. Not cheap though, I think I paid 175 for mine (Roller SS-M Custom) but the single finish models are a little less.

Honestly, if you are going to buy a Provari at some point, just buy a Provari mini. It's a lot smaller than a Vamo in 18350 (larger than say the roller) and you can get 18490 (from provape) or 18650 (Kir Fanis caps or Twins) end caps for it.

There is also the Dingo (same mechanics as a roller but only 18350) Popular 2 18350, GP PAPs (varying tube lengths), G22's (varying tube lengths),the Gus Telescopic (18350-18650 and the EA (18350-18650) at varying points between say a Natural (45-55) and a GG (200+) if you want a mech mod.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I don't have a GG but I do have the natural. It has it's drawbacks and requires some modification to reach it's potential. That said I like it for out and about - all day vaping because it was cheap and I don't care about the abuse it's getting, or if I lose it.

What kind of modifications are you referring to just out of curiosity?

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Sanding the chrome plating off of the contact points, some of us have used electrolysis to knock it off. For some batteries to fit, a bit more material needs to be ground off the contacts for a bigger range of adjustment. Otherwise it will work out of the box with a voltage drop and only IMR sized batteries will fit without loose seams in at least one of the three configurations. Protective batts will most likely be an issue, but who knows if the specs of each unit are even consistent. Mine needed help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread