Before you order from RTS Vapes read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaprr

Nov 14, 2011
uk
Something has come to my attention that I think the ECF staff may need to look into regarding one of their approved suppliers.

RTS Vapes has claimed in their advertisements, their website, and in their supplier thread that they make their own 100% USA nicotine in a Northern Carolina, USA laboratory. They posted a copy of their Certification of Analysis from said laboratory in post #646 of their supplier thread that I've attached below.

I have found an almost identical Certification of Analysis from a major Chinese nicotine maker that I've also attached below. J&G Biotechnology. You may contact the company via their website and request a copy directly to verify the one I have provided.

Looking at the two side by side, and from the identical misspellings of "Water" and "Related", there is no doubt that RTS Vapes did a very poor copy and paste job using a Certification of Analysis from this Chinese company. Even the name of the RTS pdf file left the % symbol intact.
This begs the question of whether we can trust this vendor's claims.
As it stands, it appears from these documents that RTS Vapes is reselling Chinese nicotine under a deceptive advertisement. If true, it is my understanding that this would not only be a breach of ethics, but may be a violation of US government trade laws. At the very least, ECF should be concerned that many members may be deceived by an ECF Approved Vendor.

I would like to hear both from the owner of RTS Vapes as well as from any of ECF's chemists or professionals who are best able to understand these documents regarding this matter.
After the alarming Box Elder matter, we need to have better assurances of exactly what we are buying and from whom.

If need be, please move this post to the appropriate forum.

Attachments

• RTS% pure nicotine.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 752
  • 99.8% pure nicotine.pdf
    133.9 KB · Views: 489

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thank you. Could a moderator please move this post to the appropriate forum so that the owner of RTS Vapes may reply directly?

You need to contact a mod and ask them to move this to the review section. It's really poor form to accuse a supplier of things and have them be unable to at least respond.

edit: I'm sure you didn't know,you are just trying to keep everyone informed.

Last edited:

Olef

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
UK
Something has come to my attention that I think the ECF staff may need to look into regarding one of their approved suppliers.

RTS Vapes has claimed in their advertisements, their website, and in their supplier thread that they make their own 100% USA nicotine in a Northern Carolina, USA laboratory. They posted a copy of their Certification of Analysis from said laboratory in post #646 of their supplier thread that I've attached below.

I have found an almost identical Certification of Analysis from a major Chinese nicotine maker that I've also attached below. J&G Biotechnology. You may contact the company via their website and request a copy directly to verify the one I have provided.

Looking at the two side by side, and from the identical misspellings of "Water" and "Related", there is no doubt that RTS Vapes did a very poor copy and paste job using a Certification of Analysis from this Chinese company. Even the name of the RTS pdf file left the % symbol intact.
As it stands, it appears from these documents that RTS Vapes is reselling Chinese nicotine under a deceptive advertisement. If true, it is my understanding that this would not only be a breach of ethics, but may be a violation of US government trade laws. At the very least, ECF should be concerned that many members may be deceived by an ECF Approved Vendor.

I would like to hear both from the owner of RTS Vapes as well as from any of ECF's chemists or professionals who are best able to understand these documents regarding this matter.
After the alarming Box Elder matter, we need to have better assurances of exactly what we are buying and from whom.

Who are you, and what is your purpose in posting this? Judging by your post count you have created an account specifically to publish this 'evidence'.

Why?

What is your interest in the business of RTS vapes?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
That J&G Biotechnology looks photoshopped on the bottom of the second link. Both files seem to be computer generated because of the quality of the text (it's not pixelated) but J&G Biotechnology is pixelated when you zoom in. Zoom in on Analysis Services and J&G down at the bottom and you can see the differences in pixelation. Why would an electronic file converted directly to a pdf have a pixelated stamped company name at the bottom?

I don't know. I'm not convinced by this evidence.

vaprr

Nov 14, 2011
uk
Who are you, and what is your purpose in posting this? Judging by your post count you have created an account specifically to publish this 'evidence'.

Why?

What is your interest in the business of RTS vapes?
The same interest I have in the still unresolved Box Elder issue that concerns all here.
I accidentally came across this information while looking into Box Elder, and thought it was important enough to post here.
I do not know how the pdf files were created, but I do know that the RTS file came from their supplier thread and the J&G file came directly from J&G.
The similarity of the two, including the same typos, leads me to believe they are both from the same source. Very unusual considering they are from opposite sides of the globe.

Last edited:

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Our five most expensive costs of doing business are the following: (Highest costs listed first)

1) Nicotine extraction
2) Postage
3) Laboratory tests
4) PG\VG
5) Labor

Here is our explanation to your charge:

The laboratory tests you reference cost several thousand dollars each by a USA lab. In order to do more extensive tests on our nicotine batches we have recently outsourced to a laboratory in the country of India. Their test results were pretty close to a USA lab on the same batch so we now use them for our laboratory tests because they charge half of what an American Lab charges. Since English is not their first language we typically see typos and miss-spellings in their e-mails and test results. Perhaps J&G uses the same lab. We do not know nor do we care.

Here is what we do know:

We visited J&G's website and no laboratory tests are posted there. So we conclude you must be a supplier in the e-cig industry and contacted them directly to obtain their lab tests. How many ECF members have a copy of Chinese nicotine manufacturers laying around their house to compare to our lab test? I bet the answer is zero unless they are a supplier.

So you are a supplier whose profit margin we must have hurt. (SOB; CRY SOB) Just has you threaten us legally and with regulators be advised your accusations are a matter of public record and when and if slander against our company occurs we will take appropriate legal action. This is not a threat but simply a statement of fact.

Neutral readers should read this post:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...blem-nic-titration-results-4.html#post4566130

Last edited:

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Our five most expensive costs of doing business are the following: (Highest costs listed first)

1) Nicotine extraction
2) Postage
3) Laboratory tests

4) PG\VG
5) Labor

Here is our explanation to your charge:

The laboratory tests you reference cost several thousand dollars each by a USA lab. In order to do more extensive tests on our nicotine batches we have recently outsourced to a laboratory in the country of India. Their test results were pretty close to a USA lab on the same batch so we now use them for our laboratory tests because they charge half of what an American Lab charges. Since English is not their first language we typically see typos and miss-spellings in their e-mails and test results. Perhaps J&G uses the same lab. We do not know nor do we care.

Here is what we do know:

We visited J&G's website and no laboratory tests are posted there. So we conclude you must be a supplier in the e-cig industry and contacted them directly to obtain their lab tests. How many ECF members have a copy of Chinese nicotine manufacturers laying around their house to compare to our lab test? I bet the answer is zero unless they are a supplier.

So you are a supplier whose profit margin we must have hurt. (SOB; CRY SOB) Just has you threaten us legally and with regulators be advised your accusations are a matter of public record and when and if slander against our company occurs we will take appropriate legal action. This is not a threat but simply a statement of fact.

Neutral readers should read this post:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...blem-nic-titration-results-4.html#post4566130

You have crossed the line on the other forum. Do think you can hide behind a forum handle. We have just authorized our law firm to subpoena your identity on the other forum. We authorized the law firm $10,000 since we can see your IP addrees is really USA although you say you are from the UK. Keep posting that negative slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread