RDA Beginner Friendly Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoPherua

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Butler, Pa
Okay so before we get started here, no I am not new to vaping, but yes, I am new to RDA's. Although I am new I do know the basics in fact, I've even built my own. I did a quad build on my RDA Fogger V1. It ran at .50 olhms and I vaped it with no problem....but...I can't say I didn't receive a little help. The coils were already built, yes I did install them but I didn't need to wrap em. So basically, give me some coils...no actually I can do better...give me the right gauge wire and tell me how to many times to wrap it and a drill bit...and I can take it from there. But do I really know what I just built and why it worked? To an extent...I mean I know you make a circuit using the positive and negative terminals and the battery heats em up to burn the juice. I know that the coil needs air and stuff like that...but do I know...and this is why I post, do I know why I have 5ohlms of resistance...do I know why I used a certain gauge wire...yes....it has to do with how much resistance it will create. But hey if you dont even know why you are doing it...what happens when I get a new drip tip. I'm going to be lost. Things I need to know... What resistance do I wanna stay within. .do I wanna steady number between every drip tip or is it different. Do I use the the same gauge wire every time or do different tips require different gauges. Same with how many times to wrap it...why does wrapping it more or else do for me. I know this is a lot to answer but when your dealing with batterys And coils and circuits there is an important safety factor...I don't want to blow anything up in my face or hands. I want to know what I'm doing so I can do it correctly and safely and also so I can advance my knowledge and expand my horizon on rdas. Might I add I do know about using kanthal and one other wire. If I am In the wrong section of the forum I'm sorry and please redirect me. thank you in advance for all the help!

Happy Vaping!:)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Okay so before we get started here, no I am not new to vaping, but yes, I am new to RDA's. Although I am new I do know the basics in fact, I've even built my own. I did a quad build on my RDA Fogger V1. It ran at .50 olhms and I vaped it with no problem....but...I can't say I didn't receive a little help. The coils were already built, yes I did install them but I didn't need to wrap em. So basically, give me some coils...no actually I can do better...give me the right gauge wire and tell me how to many times to wrap it and a drill bit...and I can take it from there. But do I really know what I just built and why it worked? To an extent...I mean I know you make a circuit using the positive and negative terminals and the battery heats em up to burn the juice. I know that the coil needs air and stuff like that...but do I know...and this is why I post, do I know why I have 5ohlms of resistance...do I know why I used a certain gauge wire...yes....it has to do with how much resistance it will create. But hey if you dont even know why you are doing it...what happens when I get a new drip tip. I'm going to be lost. Things I need to know... What resistance do I wanna stay within. .do I wanna steady number between every drip tip or is it different. Do I use the the same gauge wire every time or do different tips require different gauges. Same with how many times to wrap it...why does wrapping it more or else do for me. I know this is a lot to answer but when your dealing with batterys And coils and circuits there is an important safety factor...I don't want to blow anything up in my face or hands. I want to know what I'm doing so I can do it correctly and safely and also so I can advance my knowledge and expand my horizon on rdas. Might I add I do know about using kanthal and one other wire. If I am In the wrong section of the forum I'm sorry and please redirect me. thank you in advance for all the help!

Happy Vaping!:)

If you play around with steam engine calculator, you might find it educational

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

wrt ohms and gauge, thicker gauge needs more watts per ohm to get to temperature

Kanthal A1
gauge ----- watt per ohm (per coil) for 200mW/mm2
34 ----- 1.4
32 ----- 3
30 ----- 6
28 ----- 10
26 ----- 23
24 ----- 45
22 ----- 91
20 ----- 182

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

ProtoPherua

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Butler, Pa
If you're up for a bit of a read, and want factual answers to your questions... click on all three sigline hyperlinks below. Maybe starting with the last one first. ;-)

Thanks! I just got done reading up and learned a lot. But I am still unclear on a good starting point. Do multiple coils change the resistance ? No idea where my battery fits into All this. I have an MVP 20watt. Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread