Best batteries for Dovpo gx-200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
I'd be using standard Bcc's on this at around 1.8ohms. My main objective is to get as much battery life as possible. My question is which battery will do this the best? I'm not entirely sure if I should look into just high mah like a flat top Panasonic NCR18650B (?) or something else. Would high amp or lower max amp draw tend to last longer, or does it even matter??

Also take into consideration that it's a protected mech mod.

Even with a protected mech mod (I'm guessing you mean you run a fuse/kick in it? Otherwise not quite sure what that means), you want to make sure your batteries are rated for at least a decent amp rating. Basically, when looking at batteries, the amp rating (continuous - don't pay attention to misleading pulse numbers) is how much current can safely be run through the circuit, and the amp-hours determine how long that battery will last. So ideally you want a battery with high numbers for both. A good option if you aren't going "super" sub-ohm on a mech is the Samsung 25R. 20 amp limit, and 2500 mAh. The other battery that sees a lot of play in the mech world is the Sony VTC4, but it's more for lower sub-ohms, as it has higher amp rating, but lower mAh. The VTC5, which was essentially the best of both worlds, is pretty much impossible to find right now - if you see one there's a chance (a high one) that it's not a real VTC5, but a rewrapped cheaper battery.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Even with a protected mech mod (I'm guessing you mean you run a fuse/kick in it? Otherwise not quite sure what that means), you want to make sure your batteries are rated for at least a decent amp rating. Basically, when looking at batteries, the amp rating (continuous - don't pay attention to misleading pulse numbers) is how much current can safely be run through the circuit, and the amp-hours determine how long that battery will last. So ideally you want a battery with high numbers for both. A good option if you aren't going "super" sub-ohm on a mech is the Samsung 25R. 20 amp limit, and 2500 mAh. The other battery that sees a lot of play in the mech world is the Sony VTC4, but it's more for lower sub-ohms, as it has higher amp rating, but lower mAh. The VTC5, which was essentially the best of both worlds, is pretty much impossible to find right now - if you see one there's a chance (a high one) that it's not a real VTC5, but a rewrapped cheaper battery.

It's a "E-Mech"-

1. Working voltage 3.2- 4.2V

2. Max output 20A

3. Output voltage is the same as battery voltage

4. Lowest resistance 0.2ohm

5. Low voltage protection < 3. 2V

6. Over current protection > 30A

7. Two 18650 batteries parallel connection, can be charged with

micro USB cable or 18650 charger.

8. Short -circuit and reverse connection of the battery power terminal ,

will be protected

DOVPO GX-200-New products-Shenzhen Dovpo Technology Co., Ltd

So, because the device is locked to max amp draw of 20 A, and is dual parallel, plan on each battery pushing a bit more than half that (dual battery setups aren't perfectly efficient, so it's not exactly half the total load - just for safety's sake I'd assume a potential load of up to 15 A, just to give yourself some headroom. 15 A means a lot of the cheaper batteries with high mAh but a low amp rating won't cut it. I'd still stick to my original recommendation of the Samsung 25r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread