Ridgeway, Ohio

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi! Welcome.

You did happen to notice that the vaporbeast kit is out of stock? :( That is a nice setup - if you can wait on it.

Crystal Clear Vaping sells the ePower for $57.50 here: Crystal Clear Vaping and you can get pretty much any carto you want there too.

The tradeoffs between the two options you are looking at are:

The eGo Twist gives you variable voltage so you can tweak the voltage to suit you carto/clearo and liquids. The down side is once the Twist is depleted you have toss the entire Twist away - the battery is not replaceable.

The ePower is fixed voltage so the only way to adapt anything is to try different resistance devices to change the experience. That isn't as flexible as the Twist. The up side is the internal battery is replaceable and that makes it less expensive long term.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've purchased eight Twists of various varieties, including Joyes, and the ones you are looking at are my favorites. The voltage markings are easy to read and the light changes color as the battery loses it charge to give you heads up before it just quits working. Also, Tim at Vapor Beast provides exceptional customer service.

You also might want to try some of the Vapor Beast sample juices. I've tried over a hundred juices from various ECF top-rated juice sellers and the only two I keep loaded all the time are both from Vapor Beast.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
aww what the twist's battery isnt replacable? and yeah i knew it was out of stock but it would be worth it if it was good. any starter kits that you recommend?

Nope. Once you wear it out you have to toss the thing. That does bug some of us eco-minded (or just plain frugal) folks and it really does seem like a waste of a lot of materials.

how long does an ego twist last for?

Ohhh gee, that's one of those "it depends" questions. Light vaper use versus heavy vaper. Using too low resistance devices than it's designed for will definitely wear it out faster. Some people only get two months out of them. Other folks - six months or longer.

Keep in mind though, that when you compare vaping costs to smoking costs, it's hard to complain about the cost of a Twist battery or replacing it when needed. The Twist is still a very good starting option. If you find you really like the variable voltage concept behind the Twist you can always move up to a VV device with replaceable batteries as your first upgrade.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Check into this Innokin Itaste VV Clearomizer Version | New Products | eSmoker Online
Not real sure if anyone else sells cheaper but they have free shipping and I know they always have a coupon code. You should be able to find it on Google. I had one Twist and I like this much better. One thing to consider is that if your never by a USB to keep the battery charged you would probably need two.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I was looking for a reliable starter kit that produces a lot of vapor that is under $70. So far i was kind of thinking of getting this
http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/sk36.htm or the smoketech e-power kit.
I dont want to mod my ecig btw.
Thanks!

Hi HIGrown808,
If your looking for reliable in a starter kit, go with Joyetech and Vision in the kit.
Take a look at these VaporCigzz.com
Click e-z bundles
Those are not the only reliable out there, but there are lots of unknown and unreliable out there.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
They are essentially the same. I like the spinner because you can see the voltage dial more clearly and you can get a little bit larger battery (1300mah vs 1100mah). Also, whatever you get, make sure you get 2 batteries (2 spinners or 2 twists)! There's nothing worse than having a dead battery and not being able to vape while its charging. Re-read Baditute's response to you in post number 2. This man speaks the truth and he gave you a stellar recommendation on what you need to get.

A reddit user has also created a nice beginner kit here.

http://youtu.be/fO8xzuVs--c

Last edited:

HIGrown808

Jan 27, 2013
hawaii
They are essentially the same. I like the spinner because you can see the voltage dial more clearly and you can get a little bit larger battery (1300mah vs 1100mah). Also, whatever you get, make sure you get 2 batteries (2 spinners or 2 twists)! There's nothing worse than having a dead battery and not being able to vape while its charging. Re-read Baditute's response to you in post number 2. This man speaks the truth and he gave you a stellar recommendation on what you need to get.

A reddit user has also created a nice beginner kit here.

Simple Vaping for Beginners: Buying Your First Setup - YouTube

thanks for your answer. anyways i was looking at how much it would cost if i bought it separately and i found this Vision Spinner Variable Voltage eGo 900mAh Starter Kit,Joytec Twist,Twist Battery,Spinner
I was wondering if that vision starter kit is any good? and do i really need two batteries because I mainly only vape for fun

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

HIGrown808

Jan 27, 2013
    hawaii
    You're in Hawaii and fun is inhaling flavored steam????????
    from hawaii but im in cali for now. and btw if you have been living in hawaii for your whole life you will get bored out of your mind, theres nothing to do other than the beach.

OT: i think im gonna listen to baditudes advice and buy the twist or spinner and everything else seperate as I feel i do not need 2 batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread