San Francisco
6720000-16.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have the SMM and we have a love/hate relationship. Also have the serpent mini. I want something that don't leak seep etc... Is there such a tank...
I wonder if @Beamslider will chime in and mention the OBS Engine?

Joking aside, the entire Engine series is pretty solid and leak free. You can choose between the Engine, Engine Mini (just like the Engine, but 22 mm), or the Engine Nano (which isn't nano at all... it's a single coil 25 mm).

The newish Smok TFV8 Brother X Baby whichamahoozits used a similar methodology when the RBA is installed.

The Wotofo Sapor RTA is also similar, but had issues.

All of the above will suffer from flooding is not wicked right.

The Aspire Cleito EXO is also vaguely similar. This tank (with RBA) has the least problem with flooding. However, it has a plastic tank so is less useful with many "tank cracker" e-liquids.

Another vaguely similar, leak-proof option is the Joyetech Cubis line, but the RBA is a PITA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Publicvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2017
USA UNITED STATES
@
I wonder if @Beamslider will chime in and mention the OBS Engine?

Joking aside, the entire Engine series is pretty solid and leak free. You can choose between the Engine, Engine Mini (just like the Engine, but 22 mm), or the Engine Nano (which isn't nano at all... it's a single coil 25 mm).

The newish Smok TFV8 Brother X Baby whichamahoozits used a similar methodology when the RBA is installed.

The Wotofo Sapor RTA is also similar, but had issues.

All of the above will suffer from flooding is not wicked right.

The Aspire Cleito EXO is also vaguely similar. This tank (with RBA) has the least problem with flooding. However, it has a plastic tank so is less useful with many "tank cracker" e-liquids.

Another vaguely similar, leak-proof option is the Joyetech Cubis line, but the RBA is a PITA!

I have everyone you mentioned but the Joytech and engines. Love the cletio great flavor tank. I never even thought about trying the rba for any of them. I'm getting away from the pre built coils but with the rba I have a use for these tanks. Thanks...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@

I have everyone you mentioned but the Joytech and engines. Love the cletio great flavor tank. I never even thought about trying the rba for any of them. I'm getting away from the pre built coils but with the rba I have a use for these tanks. Thanks...
If you're trying to go leak-free and RBA and have the TFV8 X, I'd start there...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have a slew of tanks I've tried, but I keep gravitating back to the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. It's just easy to maintain and reliable. Recoiling is a snap (as are most tanks these days). I have zero leak issues. If you ever have a leak it's a bad o-ring. Change them and you're good for a year or more. It works well with cotton and Rayon and provides a good MTL vape. The o-rings you disassemble for filling or coil maintenance are the only ones that need attention, in my experience.

I have the OBS Engine and have been meaning to order the Nano version. OBS Engine is a good tank for DTL or MTL, but the Nano is the one that low wattage lovers like.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Hussar Coppervape clone is an inexpensive RTA that doesn't leak if wicked correctly. It's pretty flexible, you can order a two or four post deck, various tank sizes and types, and it can do MTL with an airflow reducer or a more airy vape without one. It's an inexpensive option if you want to try something new without a huge risk. It was one of the first RTAs I got up and running correctly. Since I mostly use MTL RTAs (which, it doesn't sound like what you are looking for, really) I can't offer up much else, but I will say that the feedback on the Engines has been really consistently positive and that would probably be the one I'd recommend (even without having used one) because it sounds like it would really fit what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

Anna

dataton

May 10, 2011
Rhode Island
You didn't mention a price-range, so i'll offer a couple of pricier single coil options in case you're interested in checking them out.

Hurricane Jr: Single coil, lots of airflow for DL vaping. You can close it down quite a bit but I've heard the MTL experience on this tank is poor. I haven't tried an MTL build on this tank because it's not the way I like to vape RTA's. I can tell you that a more DL or restricted DL on this tank produces very nice flavor. Unfortunately, my ADV (fruit/berry flavor) just does not pop in this tank, but dessert/bakery flavors are great. I'm vaping it right now with a simple, spaced 24g kanthal coil at .4 ohms. Great flavor, I keep the power down and get a nice and dense but cool vape. Wicking is easy and if done right, the tank will not leak (as is the case with most RTA's).

Kayfun 5: Lots of info on this one out there, but I can confirm that I personally have never had a single leak/flood/seep from this tank.

I REALLY want to try the Tanko from Odis Collection, this is another single coil DL style tank that's supposed to have great flavor, but I need to cool it on high-priced atty's for a bit. There's not a lot of reviews out thereon this one, but from what I was able to find it seems flavor is standout.

EDIT TO ADD: I just found out about a single coil RTA from Advken called the CP. Couldn't find it at any USA retailers so I ordered it from Heaven's Gifts. I really like their Manta RTA, more than the Reload, so am super-looking forward to getting the CP. Can't recommend it yet obviously but it doesn't hurt to do a little research on it.

Last edited:

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
The Hussar Coppervape clone is an inexpensive RTA that doesn't leak if wicked correctly.
I've wicked mine a few different ways and it has never leaked at all. I don't even use the JFC when filling. Condensation isn't an issue at all either. Fantastic. My only complaint is that it's not the most versatile tank as far as coils go. Chamber is short and 3mm coils are a tight fit. I have found a 2.5mm coil, wrapped counter clockwise, inserted upside down between the post, with thinned wick tails is the only thing that has worked for me, but I'm a DL hitter so I need the airflow.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there