Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan
Mazinny's top post the other day caused me to go back to the Nicoticket site to review this Disclaimer. At first I could not find it until I went into each individual flavor and scrolled down to the bottom.

It is no secret that I desire to try pretty close to every flavor that Nicoticket offers. I have been working on this for a little while, and Strategically with pricing I have now accumulated a healthy little stash. I desire to try them, and view this as little risk after watching the Classifieds for some time. I have not admitted that I am a creamy dessert type fan yet.

The only flavor that I have ever tried from Nicoticket previously was the H1N1 which is now called the Virus, and I quite liked it. After the Ahlusion - Smooth Criminal debacle I will be replacing it with this one.

On the Virus this is stated on the Nicoticket Site;

" This liquid does *not* contain Diacetyl, but it *does* contain trace amounts of Acetoin, Acytyl Propionyl; or both ".

This is better than what I saw for the Custards.

I think it is very important that you have both alerted us to this issue. I am so far removed from it that I had to go back to review it on the Nicoticket site.

I am aware of the diketones issue at this point, and one thing I know is that custard flavors are not the only culprit. I am not so innocent as to believe these are not also present in my favorite fruit-and-cream and caramel juices from my usual go-to vendor. That's part of the reason that I am trying other vendors. I am beginning to be able to identify some components by taste, which is something I couldn't do before my exploration, because I had no comparison. It will be helpful to me in the future.
Eventually, I see myself narrowing down to a couple of vendors that have tested and posted. So far, MOV has earned some real respect for transparency and going the extra step in proving it clearly- that others have avoided. MOV is looking like it will be one of the vendors I eventually settle down with, when all is said and done, and my "wild phase" is over.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
I am aware of the diketones issue at this point, and one thing I know is that custard flavors are not the only culprit. I am not so innocent as to believe these are not also present in my favorite fruit-and-cream and caramel juices from my usual go-to vendor. That's part of the reason that I am trying other vendors. I am beginning to be able to identify some components by taste, which is something I couldn't do before my exploration, because I had no comparison. It will be helpful to me in the future.
Eventually, I see myself narrowing down to a couple of vendors that have tested and posted. So far, MOV has earned some real respect for transparency and going the extra step in proving it clearly- that others have avoided. MOV is looking like it will be one of the vendors I eventually settle down with, when all is said and done, and my "wild phase" is over.

I like MOV's business model, and I used to vape some of their liquids. What I don't understand is the refusal to offer liquids @ 6mg. They go from 9mg to 0mg, imo they are missing out on a lot of sales. Hopefully now that they have higher vg offerings they'll lower the nicotine content on some as well.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I like MOV's business model, and I used to vape some of their liquids. What I don't understand is the refusal to offer liquids @ 6mg. They go from 9mg to 0mg, imo they are missing out on a lot of sales. Hopefully now that they have higher vg offerings they'll lower the nicotine content on some as well.

Finally, someone said it.

I admire MOV also but at 3 MG guess where I stand.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I saw something, perhaps an email? Gotta go look if I have saved it, that MOV had a sale on current stock and that they are going to change to "standard" 6, 12, 18, 24 mg offers. Have not seen it yet but maybe they will. I, too, vape 6mg and have not tried as many of their flavors as I would if they offered 6mg. I just can't justify purchasing 2 bottles to mix for my nic level of juice I have not already tried and know I like.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
You're trying many very interesting flavors from new places! I'd really love to read some of your reviews on them.

I am trying hard to stick to this Plan but you peeps are killing me :laugh:

Ahlusion, HHV, Nicoticket, P.O.E.T., The Plume Room, some Five Pawns, and various Lemon blends.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
The Vapor Room is a far cry to TPR my friend. I started out with those juices and after trying AV I thought AV was killa..Gorilla Juice in particular. Well, my taste has changed dramatically or TVR just sucks. I believe the latter to be true..lol

That's OK. For the Peanut Butter I will stick to The Plume Room, and I have bought Nicoticket's - Peanut Butter Cookie. At $10 for 30 ML's plus Shipping I will try The Vapor Room's - Peanut Butter Cookie. This will be it for me on the Peanut Butter. I do not consider the Five Pawns - Grandmaster a true Peanut Butter.

Last edited:

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan

I'm going to ask them. Can't hurt to ask.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I asked them a few years ago and was told they wouldn't do it. Hopefully they will change their minds as lower nic vapers are becoming more common-place.

Agreed. I talked to a customer service rep once at Five Pawns, and she told me they were Flooded with requests to offer 3 MG.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I saw something, perhaps an email? Gotta go look if I have saved it, that MOV had a sale on current stock and that they are going to change to "standard" 6, 12, 18, 24 mg offers. Have not seen it yet but maybe they will. I, too, vape 6mg and have not tried as many of their flavors as I would if they offered 6mg. I just can't justify purchasing 2 bottles to mix for my nic level of juice I have not already tried and know I like.

Yes, Dusty posted this on the NET thread. They will be going to the traditional 0 6 12 18 24 model soon. Unfortunately the NET's are the exception and for some odd reason will stay at 0 9 18.

Edit : i found the email i got from MOV regarding the changes.

CHANGE IS COMING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AS WE PREPARE FOR 2015

We are reaching out to our customers now to let them know Mountain Oak Vapors will be making some changes during our holiday season. Our lab and production departments will be shutting down for 2 weeks at the end of December as we are looking to restructure our E-Liquid offerings.

We will be eliminating our 9MG and 24MG strengths, and replacing them with 6MG and 12MG, which over the past year has become an industry standard. Seeing as our company has been operating since January of 2012, it made sense to offer the 0mg, 9mg, 18mg and 24mg strength options. As device power has improved and continues to and as our atomizers and devices have become more efficient, our customers preferences in nicotine strengths have changed as well.

Mountain Oak Vapors will also be re-branding our "High VG" line to mark those flavors distinctly as HIGH VG flavors. We will be renaming this line to our "ENTHUSIAST SERIES" on our website. We hope this more defined branding will make shopping with us that much easier. This line contains a variety of fruits and desserts that reign among our top selling flavors and even one of our top selling tobacco flavors!

Mountain Oak Vapors HIGH VG E-liquids will remain a 30% PG and 70% VG blend and will also be available in 0mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg at the start of the new year or sooner if we are able.

Mountain Oak Vapors Traditional E-Liquids will remain a 50% PG and 50% VG blend and will be available in 0mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg at the start of the new year or sooner if we are able. We will be renaming this line to our "CLASSIC SERIES" on our website. This line consists mostly of the flavors that started it all and has a variety of great tobaccos, fruits, and desserts some of which are among our top selling flavors!

Mountain Oak Vapors Gold Label (NET) E-Liquids will remain untouched and will continue to be offered at 0mg, 9mg, 18mg and 24mg in 15mL and 30mL bottles, but we will be discontinuing the "HEY JACK" product.

Our website will be getting a bit of a face lift in the coming weeks, with a "splash" site showing up in front of our standard Ecommerce site which will better advertise the E-Liquid brands that we produce and distribute at Mountain Oak Vapors. Don't worry though, a "SHOP" link will be available at the top which will simply take you to the old familiar website you have been used to over the years!

Mountain Oak Vapors will be launching small batch boutique lines of 30ML only E-Liquids in 0mg, 3mg, 6mg and 12mg strengths throughout 2015, so stay on the look out for some new lines on the horizon!

Any questions, comments or concerns regarding these changes, please email us and we can discuss it together. Thank you for your time in reading this, we appreciate your business and continued support. Without you we would be nothing, and we value that greatly!

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

Yes MOV gets mad props from me. It is not inexpensive to test every single finished juice you offer. They are a well established vendor though and perhaps some of the smaller vendors can't afford to do this yet, but i like that once Ethervapes discovered that they were being lied to by their flavor provider, they changed course and procured their flavors from an alternative source. As i stated in another thread, i am hoping that the MOV way will eventually become the standard in this industry, but at the very least vendors should require proof from the flavor houses as to the composition of the flavors and divulge it on their website. The customer can then chose.

I also wanted to share after reading about Bryce's blends I ordered 3 bottles to try.

Vanilla Cream Pudding
Holy Cannoli
Vanilla Cup Cake

From what I have read it seams his juices are right up my alley:)

This is an awesome thread because I was so sick of buying cheapie juices from the gas station etc,. You really don't know what's in their juices. With companies like Bryce's, The Standard, Five Pawns, Suicide Bunny, you know you're getting a quality vape that has been keeping me combustible cig free going on 3 months.

I swear this is the best kept secret for quitting cigs imho. If I knew I could get yummy flavors from awesome vendors I would of quit years ago! I love this and I think I will be vaping for many years to come.

I'm just super excited to learn of all these great juice makers! Alice in Vapeland, Mt Baker , and Virgin Vapors are next on my list. Also I'm so excited to try Bryce's Blends because I am such a sucker for a good vanilla. I have a feeling what you all have been saying hasn't done me wrong yet. I love this community!

Back to our scheduled gourmet yummy vape recommendations ;)

Mia11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Michigan
Oops. I wrote and sent them an email, then had to run away for a while. Just came back and saw that they have already publicly announced the change to lower nic levels. Great news!!
So if they respond it will probably just be with a copy of this announcement. We'll see.

Yes, Dusty posted this on the NET thread. They will be going to the traditional 0 6 12 18 24 model soon. Unfortunately the NET's are the exception and for some odd reason will stay at 0 9 18.

We are reaching out to our customers now to let them know Mountain Oak Vapors will be making some changes during our holiday season. Our lab and production departments will be shutting down for 2 weeks at the end of December as we are looking to restructure our E-Liquid offerings.

We will be eliminating our 9MG and 24MG strengths, and replacing them with 6MG and 12MG, which over the past year has become an industry standard. Seeing as our company has been operating since January of 2012, it made sense to offer the 0mg, 9mg, 18mg and 24mg strength options. As device power has improved and continues to and as our atomizers and devices have become more efficient, our customers preferences in nicotine strengths have changed as well.

Mountain Oak Vapors will also be re-branding our "High VG" line to mark those flavors distinctly as HIGH VG flavors. We will be renaming this line to our "ENTHUSIAST SERIES" on our website. We hope this more defined branding will make shopping with us that much easier. This line contains a variety of fruits and desserts that reign among our top selling flavors and even one of our top selling tobacco flavors!

Mountain Oak Vapors HIGH VG E-liquids will remain a 30% PG and 70% VG blend and will also be available in 0mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg at the start of the new year or sooner if we are able.

Mountain Oak Vapors Traditional E-Liquids will remain a 50% PG and 50% VG blend and will be available in 0mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg at the start of the new year or sooner if we are able. We will be renaming this line to our "CLASSIC SERIES" on our website. This line consists mostly of the flavors that started it all and has a variety of great tobaccos, fruits, and desserts some of which are among our top selling flavors!

Mountain Oak Vapors Gold Label (NET) E-Liquids will remain untouched and will continue to be offered at 0mg, 9mg, 18mg and 24mg in 15mL and 30mL bottles, but we will be discontinuing the "HEY JACK" product.

Our website will be getting a bit of a face lift in the coming weeks, with a "splash" site showing up in front of our standard Ecommerce site which will better advertise the E-Liquid brands that we produce and distribute at Mountain Oak Vapors. Don't worry though, a "SHOP" link will be available at the top which will simply take you to the old familiar website you have been used to over the years!

Mountain Oak Vapors will be launching small batch boutique lines of 30ML only E-Liquids in 0mg, 3mg, 6mg and 12mg strengths throughout 2015, so stay on the look out for some new lines on the horizon!

Any questions, comments or concerns regarding these changes, please email us and we can discuss it together. Thank you for your time in reading this, we appreciate your business and continued support. Without you we would be nothing, and we value that greatly!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Yes! That's what I read. Thanks Maz!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
tmoore@mountainoakvapors.com is the address to the district manager. Name is Tim. Nice guy. He might be able to figure something out for you 3 mg peeps

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I received my Whit E Octopus order today too. Just ordered Pilar. I have not tried it yet but the packaging is a nice touch. Inexpensive so they don't have to up the price to pay for fancy packaging but unique and very professional. The hand written note with the wax seal makes it very personal. I did see on their Facebook page that Paypal has cut them off so they are not able to accept orderes right now but they are working on it. Hope to be working again by mid week. Glad I got my order in!

Now to clean and rewick something to try this in..

radmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
fort bragg, nc
I picked up some juices from Whit E Octopus based on suggestions here... Got some of the Cherry Blossom and Raspberry Lemonade in the mail today, MAXVG. Loaded up the RL in my Reo and it's DAMN, DAMN GOOD!

And, yeah, their vapemail presentation is unmatched! Wax seals? Get outta here! Haha!

I got mine in today too! Vaping on Pilar right now.. yum!!

Also, OT - I've been getting 12mg nic since I just quit smoking.. but I'm wondering if the extra nic (since I see so many only getting like 3/6/9 mg) is taking away from the flavor? Obviously it's more of a TH, just curious about the affect on flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread