Best method for storing mechanical mods long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Kudos to you. I think your suggestion is quite efficient. I just throw mine in a drawer or give them away if I am not using them.
viannen_39.gif

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I usually vacuum seal them and then store them in a dark climate controlled chamber, resting on a pillow made of silk stuffed with African quail feathers. yep, that's what I do, haven't had one rust yet :)

I find a light coating of manatee fat does the trick for keeping away the corrosion and the pillows I use are filled with eagle feathers. On the plus side, the leftover manatee provides for a great stew. Just add 500 pounds of potatoes, 50 pounds of celery, a truck load of carrots and season to taste Should probably simmer on a small forest fire for a day or so.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I find a light coating of manatee fat does the trick for keeping away the corrosion and the pillows I use are filled with eagle feathers. On the plus side, the leftover manatee provides for a great stew. Just add 500 pounds of potatoes, 50 pounds of celery, a truck load of carrots and season to taste Should probably simmer on a small forest fire for a day or so.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!! Haha.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread