Best priced VV mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Cummings

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Just moved to Fort Hood, TX
I am considering one of the triple AA style box mods, but am now concerned about durability / longevity because of comments in this thread. I am clumsy and tend to be hard on things. Are these devices pocket-friendly? Which part(s) of these these typically fail?

I regularly carry a 5v box mod in my pocket... So long as it has an on/off switch you will be good! check out Madvapes VV Box mod. Its only 34.99! Best price I have seen on these! But there are only 4 left right now... Hurry!

Oh and the part that fails most of the time (in all mods) is the button. But they are easily replaceable. I haven't had a switch from a box mod from madvapes fail yet though...

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
forget about the madvapes box..yea its $35 but its made out of the cheapest stuff on the market.. i hated the small button and the way the VV switch was cutout and it was white when the box was black. UGLY.

check this thread out...he has THE BEST double A box mod ive seen and tried ever. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/206210-krimson-kustoms-3-7v-5-variable-voltage-evercool-quality-look-great-price.html cost a little more but more than worth it. it comes a way better button and is customizable. all colors and even black upon request.

i did a youtube review of it too. check out the video on my page. youtube username is in my sig below.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    I hear good things about the Buzz Pro. That's the one I'd recommend if you were looking for a good, if not exceptional price.

I bought a cheaper variable volt box mod and fried it within 10 minutes of using it. There was no circuit protection for the electronics. You don't save any money if you can't use it. My Provari, on the other hand, is holding up really well.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    whats the best priced VV mod out there?

Accept this hard and expensively-gained fragment of wisdom from someone who has bought many PVs that now serve as paperweights: "best-priced" and "best" are not synonymous.

Conversely, the most pricey VV PV won't, of a necessity, be the best for you.

When I factor in quality, functionality, durability and price, the equation leads me to the soon-to-be-released Infinity: http://www.notcigs.com/productimage.php?product_id=92

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Accept this hard and expensively-gained fragment of wisdom from someone who has bought many PVs that now serve as paperweights: "best-priced" and "best" are not synonymous.

Conversely, the most pricey VV PV won't, of a necessity, be the best for you.

When I factor in quality, functionality, durability and price, the equation leads me to the soon-to-be-released Infinity: Infinity

Looks like a knockoff of the Indulgence. (Same type of varied atty connectors in the caps)

Where is this model actually made? Not assembled, where its manufactured?

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    As far as I know, everything is manufactured to Notcigs' specifications. Regardless of any apparent similarities, Notcigs would be your only source for an Infinity. It's not like the situation for mass-produced kits made in China where any retailer can put their own label on the same product.

Aaaaaand you know this how?

I too know how China works and I know how re-branding works as well.

It may be the only source for Notcig's BRAND name, but if its manufactured in China....

It'll pop up again under a different name with a slight alteration.

So, hence, why I'm asking where its actually constructed.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Mods are generally manufactured locally in small batches. Usually, there is only one vendor for each mod.

So, I had a look at the Eastmall Indulgence. That model is basically a tube mod. You can get 3, 3.7, 5, 6, and 7.4 volt configurations by using different combinations of batteries. The Infinity Pro is a variable-voltage device. You can get a better range of voltages by adjusting a dial.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Mods are generally manufactured locally in small batches. Usually, there is only one vendor for each mod.

So, I had a look at the Eastmall Indulgence. That model is basically a tube mod. You can get 3, 3.7, 5, 6, and 7.4 volt configurations by using different combinations of batteries. The Infinity Pro is a variable-voltage device. You can get a better range of voltages by adjusting a dial.

Well I had to break it to ya but its still a tube MOD, VV or not.

You can do the same thing to an Indulgence with a voltage regulator and a trimmer.

But I guess where its actually made will remain a mystery....??

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    Looks like a knockoff of the Indulgence. (Same type of varied atty connectors in the caps)

To the extent that both are tube mods, there's an inevitable similarity in form--but that's where it begins and ends.

The Infinity produces a regulated, continuously variable output from 3.3 to 5.5VDC, adjustable by means of a swipe of your thumb across a thumbwheel; if your Sweet Spot is 4.79VDC, it'll do it, and maintain it to virtually your last draw before the batteries expire--a death postponed by several hours due to a high-efficiency controller circuit designed by NotCigs (as was the VV circuitry in this, the Buzz Pro and the original Buzz, the grandaddy of all VV mods). All the electronics are held out of harm's way by protection circuits inherent to the Infinity itself, independent of the batteries' own circuits.

The Indulgence is--like all fixed-voltage mods--a battery holder with a switch.

Outside of that, they're two peas on a pod; they're even in roughly the same price category, unless you're buying your battery holders directly from China.

Where is this model actually made? Not assembled, where its manufactured?

I'm a manufacturing engineer by trade; although I understand the distinction you're trying to make, assembly isn't a concept separate and apart from manufacturing. Even more integral is design engineering--the trifle that continues to separate American manufacturing from China's reverse-engineered manufacturing.

Having said that, all of the Infinity's parts are designed by NotCigs; the metallics (caps & tube) are machined under contract in China. The PCB is manufactured stateside, and is stuffed--with the exception of the odd resistor or capacitor, but NOT the odd IC--with American-made components.

Lastly, the parts are assembled by American hands--in Paso Robles, California. As opposed to Hong Kong.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Well I had to break it to ya but its still a tube MOD, VV or not.

You can do the same thing to an Indulgence with a voltage regulator and a trimmer.

I am a complete idiot when it comes to electronics but if I understand you correctly you are saying that you can make an Indulgence a VV mod?? I have an Indulgence and am looking for a VV Mod. I love my Indulgence but haven't got a clue how to make it VV. Can you elaborate or did I misunderstand completely?

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    I am a complete idiot when it comes to electronics but if I understand you correctly you are saying that you can make an Indulgence a VV mod?? I have an Indulgence and am looking for a VV Mod. I love my Indulgence but haven't got a clue how to make it VV. Can you elaborate or did I misunderstand completely?

Idiot #2! Yes, that is an accurate understanding of my point.

Thankfully there are enough electronics engineers on the forum to supply enough FREE information that a blind-man could build a VV MOD!

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Idiot #2! Yes, that is an accurate understanding of my point.

Thankfully there are enough electronics engineers on the forum to supply enough FREE information that a blind-man could build a VV MOD!

Oh crap! I was hoping you knew how. Now I'll have to did through millions of posts to find info on it. I know I could just post the question but my posts don't seem to get much response. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread