The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Best RDA for flavor

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Baddboxer, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baddboxer

Baddboxer Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Derby, Ks
    I've been vaping now for a couple years, and after bouncing around from dripping to subohm tanks, (primarily Arctic) I am ready to go back to a dripper, and I'm looking for what's going to give the absolute best flavor, not necessarily the biggest cloud. I currently run a IPV150 with an Arctic tank at 70ish watts on a .2 coil.

Looking for recommendations for a new RDA, (and maybe temp controlled IPV if better flavor) and what the best build is for a cool, flavorful draw!

TIA!

2. Ottefrep

Ottefrep Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Kennedy 22, non competition. Best flavor ever.

3. Tagi

Tagi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2014
    Dallas Texas
    Flavor rdas.. mmmm

Flavor so awesome you cut your juice 50\50 with unflavored and it still taste great.
    narDA, Hellfire Raptor, Veritas, Marquis

Great mouth to lung but a bit restricted for direct to lung unless its the version 3
    Origins there's 3 versions of the rda all are good.

pretty good around
    nector, atomic

Edit I would recommend a Tobeco Marquis clone. its easier to build then the other three I mentioned, and easier to find in stock.

ones that have my eye but I have not used thump, stumpy, solstice, Hobo 3.1

• Like Like x 1
  4. haleysdadda

haleysdadda Ultra Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Santee,San Diego
  5. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    NarDA, Hobo 3.1, Snapdragon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Verb

Verb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Eastern, PA, USA
    Hobo V3.1

• Like Like x 1
  7. aGoGo

aGoGo Full Member

Jan 18, 2016
  8. Smellybelly

Smellybelly Senior Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Vector. I have a veritas and my vector blows it away by comparison. Top airflow, large post holes nice airflow control for mouth to lung or direct to lung hits. The only thing I don't like is the spit back screen but that's easily removable. Great machining quality too. Of course everyone's opinions are different. I also like the Nectar and NARda.

9. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Best RDA's for flavor and are still mentioned at the top going back since they were introduced are the Magma , Veritas and Origens , i think they are better than anything out there .

• Like Like x 1
  10. rrayda

rrayda Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    the icy northlands
    VA Cyclone hands-down.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rockwell222

Rockwell222 Super Member

Sep 21, 2015
    By far the Aeolus lite and it's only 40$ for a good quality authentic rda. Out of the 28 rda's I have I always bring one of my Aeolus's with me. All I really care about is flavor and every time I get a new "flavor" rda I go back to my Aeolus. A close second would be the vector.

• Like Like x 2
  12. prophecii

prophecii Full Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I'm currently running a mutation x v3 also looking for what can get me better flavor, tried looking for the marquis clone from tobeco but cant find it in stock anywhere.

13. jersey_emt

jersey_emt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    I just got an Aeolus Lite and it is incredible for flavor. It's my first top-airflow RDA, and I had thought that top airflow would be "iffy" for flavor, since bottom-airflow RDA's tend to have better flavor than traditional side airflow RDA's, and top-airflow is the exact opposite of bottom-airflow. It just didn't seem that it would work, since air would have to come in through the top, go down to the coil, and then back up again, working "against" the downward inlet air. But it actually works amazingly well. It kills all of my bottom-airflow RDA's (Magma, Freakshow, Holmes V2) for flavor, without the leakiness that plagues most bottom-airflow drippers. And with the airflow wide open, it does a damn good job chucking clouds as well. Not as good as a dedicated cloud competition dripper of course, but not that far behind in vapor production.

At $40 for a very well made authentic RDA, the Aeolus Lite is a steal. It is by far the best mid-range RDA, outperforming many high-end RDA's costing several times more. And it is a very simple and tidy design with a lot of elegance and class, without any tacky screen-printed logos or pictures, just a cleanly-engraved "AEoLŪS" on the side of the top cap. It is also available in many different colors, everything from the standard stainless and matte black, to absolutely gorgeous and bright teal, purple, blue, red, pink, or lime green, to classy white and dark blue, red, or green.

I'm of course still in the "excited about a new piece of gear" stage, but I honestly think this is the closest to perfection that I've seen yet, at any price. An authentic RDA with incredible flavor, excellent clouds with the airflow opened up, a great and elegant design that will look good on just about any mod, amazing variety in available colors, extremely well-made with good materials (PEEK insulators, gold-plated brass contacts, square center post that won't spin, two o-rings for every connection, high-quality screws, etc.), both a matched-color 510 drip tip and a black wide-bore chuff cap included, and all but impossible to leak due to the top airflow design, all for just $40? Syntheticloud really raised the bar with the Aeolus Lite.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tom Forde

Tom Forde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    I think perfection in ANY price is stretching it. IMO the most well made atty is the Kennedy 24. I cannot attest for the 22 as I don't have one. Literally everything is machined perfectly, the tolerance between the topcap and deck are such a perfect fit. Kennedy prides themselves on quality.

But as for a flavor atty, top air is nice and the Aeolus v2 lite is a steal at $40.
    My favorite flavor atties are the Petri by dotmod (with or without cloud cap) & surprisingly the American Made JayBo Designs (NOT WISMEC) Indestructible Atty. Simple airflow systems seem to work well for flavor. The Petri is similar to the original 2 hole Kennedy, with 2x3mm fixed airflow holes. The indestructible has I believe 4x2mm airholes that you can close off on the sides of the deck to restrict your draw. Check out the JayBo/Wismec Bambino if you don't wanna drop a lot of cash. It's like $19.99.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Foggin MooSe

Foggin MooSe Full Member

Nov 24, 2015
    I have a Twisted Messes, Freakshow, Tugboat v2 and Vertex v2. The Vertex is easily the best for flavour and has such a nice draw. Strangely it doesn't require much power and chucks cloud that it really shouldn't. I really enjoy it.
    Can't comment on a cool flavourful vape as I like warm and dense primarily on single ss builds to suit a particular mod. I find I can find that perfect hit with a single coil pretty easily. Dissimilarity between dual coils seems to give me more wicking issues or the need to drip more.

16. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
  17. Donnie Alexander

Donnie Alexander Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2015
    Based on flavour alone, I have 3 x favourites:

1) the Aeolus Pro (best flavour chaser)
    2) the derringer
    3) tugboat v2

However the K24 beats them all hands down on overall performance, it has everything and more so.

18. petrotech

petrotech Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    If you don't mind tuning down your wattage, and using a 16 mm RDA, check out the MicroDrip.

MicroDrip - Mini ECIG

It's fix airflow, which is just wide enough for "baby" lung hits. I build it to about .7-.9. Flavor for days.

I think FT sells clones now too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. prophecii

prophecii Full Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Is flavor affected by whether a device is regulated or unregulated?

20. Donnie Alexander

Donnie Alexander Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2015
    Not at all, however if you use a unregulated mech mod, you need to build your coils such that you get the desired temperature/wattage. There is no option to change wattage/temp like on a regulated mod.

That said, my preference is for unregulated devices not because of the flavour, but my vaping experience is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.