The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Best RDA for flavor

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Baddboxer, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jhhollier

jhhollier Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    I have the MiniDrip but I'm sure it performs very similar. Definitely get great flavor from it. The Mini also has AFC and you can go from a reasonably tight MTL draw to a restricted lung hit. And it's fairly inexpensive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tol

Tol Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    NY
    If you are still looking for the Tobeco Marquis, VaporRange has them in stock for $9 with free shipping, I just ordered one today and it shipped already.

3. tedigram

tedigram Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2015
    Brooklyn
    Confirmed on Vapor Range, that's where I got my Tobeco Marquis, shipped super quick, no issues.

Honestly I don't love the Marquis, though. I've built it with 26G and twisted 28G, and in both cases I had major issues keeping the coils "married" for firing consistently. It's just too easy for those coils to change position given how long the leads have to be. It's not a huge issue, and it still performs fine, but it's annoying, and one coil will eventually start burning just miles hotter than the other.

I'll eventually pick up another RDA again (like you, my focus is finding the best flavor) but when I do it'll be one that can accommodate more "normal" builds, and isn't restricted solely to long-legged dual verticals.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tol

Jan 2, 2011
    NY
    Yeah, we'll see how it goes. They have a bunch of clones cheap on that site. I may try a bunch of them at that price range. I have a velocity that I absolutely love, but feel the need to explore and it's a very cheap way to do just that.

sent using Tapatalk

5. VapeVillan
    This message by VapeVillan has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jan 29, 2016, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Jan 29, 2016
  6. Dan011z

Dan011z Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2015
    Claremont, California
    Kennedy/Petri hands down

• Like Like x 1
  7. prophecii

prophecii Full Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I just got my aeolus lite in the mail and built yesterday so far reallly good. Its a dream to build on and the flavor comes through amazingly, would definitely recommend to anyone who wants flavor and ease of use.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ohmmygoddess

ohmmygoddess New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    I have just built my first RDA coil tonight after using a vape pen, then a SUBOX Mini (both coil and RBA) as well as an Aspire Triton. I built it on my new Doge V2, and all I can say is my goodness it is amazing. I'm recovering from a cold so the flavor is still a bit muted due to a stuffy nose, but I'm throwing up some amazing clouds using the same resistance and wattage that I was using with the tanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mikey6

Mikey6 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA, USA
    I love my tugboat v2 with the slam cap and my Petri v1. Derringer is OK. Pretty good with single fused Clapton in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

10. haleysdadda

haleysdadda Ultra Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Santee,San Diego
    I love Mutation X V4 at home & my tanks when I'm out!

11. Tol

Jan 2, 2011
    NY
    Got the Marquis today. Flavor is fantastic. It gets a little hot, need to tame down my builds a bit I think. I am used to the velocity though which handles heat well. I started with a .5 dual 26ga build, took one coil out and running 1.0 ohm single now. Very enjoyable. Going to play with some horizontal builds on it next.

Definitely recommend it for flavor though.

sent using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. tedigram

tedigram Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2015
    Brooklyn
    Little tip, if you've got the Tobeco Marquis, on mine it was a huge pain in the ... to remove the bell cap from the deck piece and/or be able to twist it around to align the airholes. Those two o-rings at the bottom are overkill, so I removed the top o-ring, so now it's just one holding the bell cap on. It's still secure as heck, but I can at least take it off without a hernia now.

*edit* Oh, also, the o-ring around the drip tip on the Tobeco Marquis is notoriously wonky, it's too thick and can start to get really hard to settle it in place properly. If that's the case, you can try either a) lubing up the drip tip o-ring with juice, or b) what I eventually did, swap out the black o-ring the drip tip comes with, replacing it with whatever random o-ring you happen to have lying around that's just a bit thinner than the original. I've got one of those super tiny (like 2mm diameter) thick clear o-rings from my aromamizer stretched out to fit on the Marquis drip tip, and now it slips on and off like a glove, but still stays put otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brethauer04

Brethauer04 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Ive been using a hobo 3.1 single coil and love it for flavor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jarreddizzle

jarreddizzle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    Oxnard, CA, USA
    My top choices for a flavor RDA (non-genesis) would be...
    -Snap Dragon 1.5 (Eden Mods)
    -NarDa (NarMods)
    -Cyclone (Vicious Ant)
    -Bambino (JayBo)

15. jb58

jb58 Full Member

Aug 14, 2015
    +1, have had mine for about a week and really liking it.........except for the juice consumption:) ...good thing I have started down the DIY road.

16. LPearce7

LPearce7 Full Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Dothan, AL
    1. Plume Veil 2.5
    2. Zenith 2.5
    3. Aeolus Lite
    4. Kennedy 22
    5. Tugboat

Way down the list. Velocity

I have the authentic Velocity and the flavor I get from nearly all of my RDAs is so much better than the muted flavor I get from the Velocity. I've tried vertical, diagonal and horizontal builds. Nothings improves the flavor. Don't get me wrong, I use it daily. I just have a e liquid that has a really intense flavor (Jelly by Twonk). Huge clouds, below average flavor.

17. 2naphish

2naphish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    the boro, Tennessee
    +1 more Aeolus Lite. right there with my Plume Veil without the leaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.