Best RDA for MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
There are some new chinese offerings, like the Vapefly Galaxies, Berserker MTL and the Ammit MTL. Personally I had no luck with any of them. They produce harsh throat hit and sloppy vapor. It is like you get more heat than vapor. The Ammit I am still testing, and seems like I might get decent results. But the other two, especially the Berserker, are totally useless to me. There are, as you probably have heard, many who had luck with those rda's, but for me they all get thumbs down.

If you are willing to go clone (or ridicolously priced authentic) the Le Concorde produces great, dense, flavorful vapor. It might be a bit airy for some MTL'ers, hard to tell what is "true" MTL these days. I also had luck with the Origen Little (also clone), with the coil mounted in between the posts. Those two are the only squonking RDA's I have tried that I like the vapor of.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
There are some new chinese offerings, like the Vapefly Galaxies, Berserker MTL and the Ammit MTL. Personally I had no luck with any of them. They produce harsh throat hit and sloppy vapor. It is like you get more heat than vapor. The Ammit I am still testing, and seems like I might get decent results. But the other two, especially the Berserker, are totally useless to me. There are, as you probably have heard, many who had luck with those RDA's, but for me they all get thumbs down.

If you are willing to go clone (or ridicolously priced authentic) the Le Concorde produces great, dense, flavorful vapor. It might be a bit airy for some MTL'ers, hard to tell what is "true" MTL these days. I also had luck with the Origen Little (also clone), with the coil mounted in between the posts. Those two are the only squonking RDA's I have tried that I like the vapor of.
Clones are fine for me. I have the Galaxies and it's just OK. Not great. The Ammit looks interesting tho.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Clones are fine for me. I have the Galaxies and it's just OK. Not great. The Ammit looks interesting tho.

Yeah... Just now I tried an experiment with the Ammit: I blocked the two angled airholes on the sides, only feeding air from underneath. Now the harsh throat hit is gone, but it still is a bit lacking in density and amount of vapor. I realise that vapor production is not the most important point in MTL vaping, but it feels like some of the air that I suck through is not transformed to vapor... If you get what I am saying... I wonder if the inner chamber of the Ammit is really sealing on the build deck. Will test this tomorrow.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The problem is there are some clones that are just as good or better than the authentics BUT there are some clones that are not true clones. As an example I have an authentic Lucid RDA. I bought a $10 clone just to compare them. The clone is not even close. I gave the clone away. On the other hand I have an authentic Apocalypse and 2 clones. 1 clone is garbage and 1 of the clones I like better than the authentic. Clones are really a flip of the coin.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
The problem is there are some clones that are just as good or better than the authentics BUT there are some clones that are not true clones. As an example I have an authentic Lucid RDA. I bought a $10 clone just to compare them. The clone is not even close. I gave the clone away. On the other hand I have an authentic Apocalypse and 2 clones. 1 clone is garbage and 1 of the clones I like better than the authentic. Clones are really a flip of the coin.

To really hammer the point home not one of my 7 reload clones has an interchangable top cap with another. I don't even understand how its possible!

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015

Sure, it is very much hit or miss. Sometimes it's a jackpot. On my SXK Le Concorde I changed the o-ring on the deck to a tighter one so it would come off a little bit easier, and I cleaned out some gunk from the screw holes. Apart from that it has worked 100% fine.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I recently got into Squonking and I'm looking for RDA's that will work for MTL vaping. What's out there?
Depends....if you're a ciglike mtlr that likes the traditional tighter draw, there isn't much out there. Pretty much the Ammit and Galaxies. The Asvape zeta is also one but it has a tank.
If you're into a looser mtl, there is lots out there. They make them "dual" nowadays, but it only really suits the looser mtl vapers...

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I might try the Jorda. Looks like it will work for me. Thanks
I absolutely love it. I run mine with all 3 holes open on the air top cap. (it comes with 2 topcaps). Wide open is a very restricted dtl with amazing flavor. It'll only get better cutting the air back. The single hole on the mtl top cap is a proper mtl and is very smooth. Ulton makes very nice stuff. Just wash it good. It's very clean, but the flavor is so good, you can taste slight residual machine oil .

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly I know almost next to nothing about RBAs period. I will say I won a Wismec Armor protected mech with an Ephro Panther RBA and I put a .75 Clapton coil on there (one side only) and I loved it. Unfortunately, the kid loved it too, and I gave it to him because I was trying to help him stop Juuling. I ordered another kit. I would NOT call it MTL but the flavor was fantastic. I don't have the kit yet but I sure wish I did.

I've heard good thinigs about the Geekvape one, but I don't have it either. LOL, I went straight to RTAs, and I never thought I'd enjoy dripping but I really really did.

Anna

Reactions: Heartsdelight

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I absolutely love it. I run mine with all 3 holes open on the air top cap. (it comes with 2 topcaps). Wide open is a very restricted dtl with amazing flavor. It'll only get better cutting the air back. The single hole on the mtl top cap is a proper mtl and is very smooth. Ulton makes very nice stuff. Just wash it good. It's very clean, but the flavor is so good, you can taste slight residual machine oil .
I ordered one

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
@Asbestos4004
You started that thing again...:p
I like the look of this Jorda, but its a bit expensive.
Its $8.99 at 3F, but a lot can (probably will) go wrong with it, at that price...:cry:
It's hard to screw up an RDA clone these days. I've seen for myself and heard other people say that these clones are made just as good, if not better than the authentics. It's only $9... Take a chance. I do all the time and I've never been sorry I bought a clone. My wallet is happy

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reactions: Fredman1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread