Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
What are your favorite scissors for cutting wicks? I use those little gold stork scissors but I feel like those are more suited for sewing thread than wicks. So please tell me what scissors do you love for wicks?
I have a pair of really pointy, spring loaded scissors I picked up at the dollar store that have worked well for a couple years. I also carry a set of the folding scissors in a kit... the Coil Master Mini V2. If money was no object, these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UY11IFG/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_NqAUFbK3SPVVN

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I keep these in my ego case in my backpack. They've kept really sharp for quite a while.

upload_2020-11-21_18-50-25.jpeg

tokarev

ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    I have a pair of really pointy, spring loaded scissors I picked up at the dollar store that have worked well for a couple years. I also carry a set of the folding scissors in a kit... the Coil Master Mini V2. If money was no object, these:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UY11IFG/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_NqAUFbK3SPVVN

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have those Fiskars scissors, or a very similar pair. I found them in the sewing section at Walmart. Edit: I love the spring loading on these.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Cutting your own wicks is for peasants,i just hired this guy:

20141203194318-edward-scissorhands-cover.jpg

On a more serious note,i have good results with the scissors that came with the Coil Master DIY Kit Mini V2.
    Was on sale on the website of a Spanish vape shop that was closing so i got it cheap for just 6.99 euros.

But i have read about people using hair cutting or Bandage scissors,might want to look into those.

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Cutting your own wicks is for peasants,i just hired this guy:

View attachment 917943

On a more serious note,i have good results with the scissors that came with the Coil Master DIY Kit Mini V2.
    Was on sale on the website of a Spanish vape shop that was closing so i got it on cheap for just 6.99 euros.

But i have read about people using hair cutting or Bandage scissors,might want to look into those.

I should try the pair of hair cutting scissors I have! I didn’t think of those!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I used an old pair of "hair cutting scissors" (high end cost $25 30 years ago) They are getting dull but worked great anyway. Now I just have a cheap pair of scissors (but they are brand new) and they work fine.
    P.S. still using "toenail" clipper for the wires... really do need some good small wire clippers ;)

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I just use whatever is available, big or small.

I used to exclusively use a small set that came with a vape tool kit I but I somehow lose it a lot and I find that it makes no difference to me what size the scissors are.

I just find that my small scissors smash the cotton quite a bit before cutting. And the cut is not always clean, which is why I’m looking to upgrade :)

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I just find that my small scissors smash the cotton quite a bit before cutting. And the cut is not always clean, which is why I’m looking to upgrade :)
    I agree about the small foldable scissors. The ones that came with my kit do not cut clean at all. I have a difficult time finding decent scissors because many of them are not great for lefthanders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread