Best single 18650 60+ watt box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I want amid that costs under $60, and can push up to 80w with a single 18650 (don't worry I am ordering a lot of them so I don't care if they drain fast.) I also want Temperature Control. I am looking at the ipv D3 TC and the sigelei 75w and the smok Xcube, which do you guys think is better or is there a better box mod in that price range out there for me?

Reactions: cj081283

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
You could go with Joyetech's Evic VTC mini. It's a single 18650, 75watts and TC compatible with Ti, Ni and SS wires with a firm almost-no rattle firing button. I've even heard there's update where you can play flappy bird on screen! (so long firing button LOL)

Actually though, Smok has new single battery mod call the R-Steam Mini which can fire up to 80watts! Haven't found many reviews on it though. And it has a striking resemblance to the evic mini.

Attachments

• r-steam mini.jpg
    r-steam mini.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 304

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Srry no code for you .
Been using a D2 for a few months now. The finish is a bit scratched inside the batt compartment from sliding the cover off and on a couple times a day, but the silicone sleeve protects the outer case just fine.
The res. numbers jump around as you vape(as they should imo.)
But the thing has given me nothing but joy. Had 3 buds get one too, no complaints. YMMV. Cheers.

Reactions: 52anddone

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Is getting a dual 18650 mod worth the additional investment in batteries? I feel like I'd need at least two more and a charger that charges more than one battery at a time. I'm trying to keep my investment under $75USD but if I could get a Cuboid kit that would be great, I was also looking at the Smok Xcube 160w, with the TFV4 for a dual 18650 mod.

Reactions: gofishtx

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
I like to know that my out and about mod is going to last me all day so yes I love 2 battery devices. You may want to add a couple of spare batteries and a 4 bay charger so you can keep a set charged. The Cuboid can do USB charging according to the manual, but an external charger is better.
I know that charging via USB is not recommended for any device, especially double or triple battery devices because the charing of the batteries are not equally spread. But what about single battery devices like the evic mini and pico? Would it be okay just to rely on USB charging?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Hows that snow wolf, being eyeing it for a while, but the lack of VT for SS has kept me away so far

It was my first mod. Enjoyed it while it was in rotation. A few cons. Price point was/is still kind of high for what it is. Button rattles. Movement with battery cover.

Reactions: mav2000

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
No experience with it although its probably the smallest single battery mod currently available. Just be aware that you're only able to use 22mm attys on this mod (so I've heard), anything larger won't fit due to the elevated battery cap.

The Snow Wolf mini is what I have, my only single 18650 mod, fires up to 75 watts, TC, nice board. But its larger and heavier than the pico and there is slight button rattle.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I've been using my iPV D3 for 4 months, 99% of the time in VW, and I adore it. My only issue with it, is the +, - buttons have a 2 sec delay when holding them down .. and when it gets going, it goes fast and then faster too quickly.
That sounds a little obnoxious but I could live with it. I am sort of considering that or the smok r-steam mini 80w TC

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Srry no code for you .
Been using a D2 for a few months now. The finish is a bit scratched inside the batt compartment from sliding the cover off and on a couple times a day, but the silicone sleeve protects the outer case just fine.
The res. numbers jump around as you vape(as they should imo.)
But the thing has given me nothing but joy. Had 3 buds get one too, no complaints. YMMV. Cheers.
This may be a stupid question, but why should the resistance numbers jump around? Is that an indication of poorly built coils or is variation normal for prebuilt coils and the resistance jumping around is an indication of a good sensor/chip?

I can get a d2 for $10 less than a d3 but it's only like 40 minutes of my time at work to earn that much so why not get the newer one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread