Sigelei 75w Temp Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Good to hear. If I have the info right, it appears that I got the V1 edition, that has 3 holes on one side and then one hole about 1" below that, so 4 holes in all. I am told the 3 holes makes it a V2 or V3 but it appears that the one coming at fasttech might be the V3 IF i was given the info correctly, which I assume that I was, unless someone tells me differently.
I have the firing issue but not the rattling doors :)

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
No I but a person i know online in another forum bought some extra doors, went through the process of them not fitting, etc, the store telling him they must and the buyer standing by his claim that they did not fit, which they didn't, I saw photos proving that. I guess the store then looked into it further and found out that this was the case, V1, V2 and V3 versions existed. They claim that they were not aware of it. True? I dont know but suffice it to say, I have every reason to believe what this person was told as i have watched the excitement he had when he received the doors, to the confusion when they didn't work, to expecting the store he purchased them from to fix it and i suppose to have found this out from them yesterday.

I am not American but i understand the information came from "ECC today in Pomona", wherever that is. I myself am trying to find out more and if i do, I will post it here but i suspect mentioning this ECC place, someone will jump on this faster than I am able and see what they can further add to it. What I read was this:

Yup. The manufacturer of the plates were not told by Sigelei that they were ONLY for the V2 so were not labeled as such, and the vape shops and re-sellers had not a clue that there were now 3 different versions of this unit out. The packaging that said CONER PLATES were actually recalled but only a fraction ever came back to them.

Sigelei dropped the ball on this one and created problems where none should have existed. Even Asmodus today reflected their frustration with trying to deal with them at times.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
There seems to be some confusion as to the 4 hole version that both you and I have but this is what was claimed:

Sigelei has 3 Versions of this Mod
V1 has both holes for side plate in the middle on both sides and magnets towards the outside
V2 has the hole and the magnet on the Sigelei plate side reversed on the bottom of the unit ( Why those cover plates would not fit my V1 unit )
V3 has no holes and uses 4 magnets on each side.

Minor Software update between V2 and V3. From what I found out at ECC today in Pomona it just addressed some very minor niggles.

EDIT:
Bear in mind i don't yet know if this information is 100% accurate as I am trying to determine fully which version I have, with the 4 holes...I am told by this guy that its V1 but I am not positive as someone else I think, with 4 holes determined theres was V2 but right now there is a bit of confusion about this as the information only came to light last night.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
No I but a person i know online in another forum bought some extra doors, went through the process of them not fitting, etc, the store telling him they must and the buyer standing by his claim that they did not fit, which they didn't, I saw photos proving that. I guess the store then looked into it further and found out that this was the case, V1, V2 and V3 versions existed. They claim that they were not aware of it. True? I dont know but suffice it to say, I have every reason to believe what this person was told as i have watched the excitement he had when he received the doors, to the confusion when they didn't work, to expecting the store he purchased them from to fix it and i suppose to have found this out from them yesterday.

I am not American but i understand the information came from "ECC today in Pomona", wherever that is. I myself am trying to find out more and if i do, I will post it here but i suspect mentioning this ECC place, someone will jump on this faster than I am able and see what they can further add to it. What I read was this:
ECC was a vape expo that was held in the city of Pomona, which is a city in Southern California.

Reactions: ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
There is still a bit of confusion about this. But if what I have been told is 100% accurate then I have also noticed that Fasttechs showing photos of it without the holes, implying that it will be the V3 model. The only drawback is that its one of those 20 day purchases you must wait for, before it ships. I wouold have gone that route but needed a new one sooner and felt that where I bought it, DashVapes, and at full price, and 2 or so months after it was first released, I believe, that I had a far better chance at getting the version with minimal bugs IF such versions existed. I assumed by then tey did not, so I wasnt pleased to discover that they do indeed exist. Had I known that, I would have paid $59 (or whatever) and purchased it from the US. Im not impressed to have paid full price to have ended up with not even V2 but V1 LOL
I dont usually buy from Canvape so I can't comment on what they might have.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, my 75 has the 3 vent holes in the side, with an extra vent hole at the bottom of the side. My 75 also has the magnets on the outside at both the top and bottom, while the "nubs" are on the inside. When I shake my mod, even rather violently, the buttons do not rattle at all. If I pinch the bottom buttons with my fingernails and push it side to side, the buttons will move a little. On a rare occasion (and this is usually when the battery is lower, not almost dead but definitely below half on the battery level gauge) I will push the fire button and it won't fire. Releasing the fire button and then pressing it again, it will fire. I'm not too concerned with this. This same thing happened to me with much more frequency on my Subox Mini. On that, it seemed like once every 5-8 presses of the fire button, it would not fire.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I had that same issue with 2 of 3 iStick 50watts I purchased. They didn't start right away but about 1-2 months in, bearing in mind that i have about 8 mods going so I never use one very much per day and it will therefore take longer for me to notice something. Much came to light later about how they were self firing, which is what mine both turned into, from the same button issue I see on this 75 watt TC Sigelei mod. I doubt however, that its anywhere as bad as the iSTICK issue and it may turn out that only a very teeny weeny percentage of buyers will go on to have further problems. Had I purchased mine on sale for $59, I would still love it as I still love mine and would be happy I paid only $59 for it, but i paid double, plus 13% tax on it. I have a warranty period to consider so I am under a bit more pressure to figure out if it is going to be a problem or not and if so, deal with it under the warranty. But that is always far more hassle than it is worth so I would be very happy to find out that this lasts a year and provides great enjoyment in the meantime. But, I do feel that any later buyers should be aware of this V1, V2 and V3 issue if they are going to be buying at full price.

Same thing happened with the Heatvape Invader Mini. I purchased it for full price at a store near me. The next day noticed it was being dumped on various Chinese sale sites for $80. I started noticing a firing issue, similar to this one but much worse than this. This one may not get any worse but the Heatvape did appear that it would. I then watched a video by Busardo 2 days later and he was first to confirm that there was a V1 and V2 edition and that the V1 was kinda of crappy...LOL
I sent an email to the store i purchased it from about 2 weeks later when it died. They did not answer my email and i figured they were busy so I drove up and it became clear quickly that they had purposely not answered and did not want to deal with any return on it.
I feel if i spend $100 I am entitled to some period of time, of usage, longer than 2 weeks :)
I was told that they too are stuck, they don't get any returns.......( i find hard to believe if large buyers) but he at the very least gave me his, for he of course was using the V2 version, not the V1 that he had sold me but he had been heavily dripping on it for about a month plus, so i wasn't sure at the time if I was just exchanging one bad one for another but at least his worked. This V2 version does work and still has so again, had i not had it switched out I would have lost out on another $100+, "just because" :)
I expected a bit better from Sigelei, YiHi chip or not.

So I am still working on trying to sort out if mine needs to be looked at for warranty OR, just hope that this does not turn into a bigger issue as there will always be a small percentage of failures on any mod, on any electrical device. Its just determining if it is a small percentage or larger across the board.
Anyhow, since i do type a lot, thats all I can offer until I or someone else can come up with more....but don't take this to mean your machine if loved, isn't still as lovable, but just that the V1, V2 and V3 could explain why some are having issues and others aren't.
Id like to say that when you do pay full price, you should be receiving V2 or V3 but it remains to be seen if the stores even knew this and/or Sigelei just didnt deal with this in the most upright fashion. But WE WERE warned. There was a lot of confusion as to whether it was YiHi or not and Sigelei woudl not confirm or deny nor would the vape stores themselves and this behaviour had my alarm bells ringing

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Mine is still working fine. I became very worried when I saw 2 other ECF members have theirs die on them very quickly and it would appear due to the firing button that they had the V1 as i do. I know more has been spoken about it at FT but the place has descended into a lot of nasty trolls with several different nicknamed accounts this past 3 weeks I have avoided it the past while but so far, as stated, I am hoping mine will be fine, in the long r un..........the others seemed to die within the first 2 weeks. Mie is just about at that point now but the button issue remains minor, so hopefully all is ok

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Hey guys, I've been interested in this mod since it came out. Looking at trading my IPv4 for one tomorrow. Is this a good deal?
I would say no. IPV4 retails for a little more price wise, and has native ni200 and ti gr1 support, and ofc dual battery, and more power. If you really want a smaller single 18650 mod, and the only way to get it is by trading your ipv4, then I guess it could be a good deal to you.
Anyone have a image of the guts of this thing. Im curious what it looks like inside.
I haven't really seen one taken apart. Probably not much to see under the plastic though. Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I may be able to take apart my wife's if she's willing to part with it for a bit.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I would say no. IPV4 retails for a little more price wise, and has native ni200 and ti gr1 support, and ofc dual battery, and more power. If you really want a smaller single 18650 mod, and the only way to get it is by trading your ipv4, then I guess it could be a good deal to you.

I haven't really seen one taken apart. Probably not much to see under the plastic though. Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I may be able to take apart my wife's if she's willing to part with it for a bit.
Board pics and 510 connections is all. Thank you

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Well, I made the trade! So unless the dude invokes his three day right to rescission, I am now a happy Sigelei 75 owner! Yeah, I know the IPv4 has more power and options, but the unsafety of it always bothered me. Although I never had any problems I didn't want any. The Sigelei 75's power seems smoother and its temp goes higher. Although as I was warned she does like batteries!

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Well, I made the trade! So unless the dude invokes his three day right to rescission, I am now a happy Sigelei 75 owner! Yeah, I know the IPv4 has more power and options, but the unsafety of it always bothered me. Although I never had any problems I didn't want any. The Sigelei 75's power seems smoother and its temp goes higher. Although as I was warned she does like batteries!
Nice. Glad you're digging it. I gave my wife a TCT to use with hers today, and she's enjoying the ni200 coil so far.

@rhelton I wasn't able to take any pics today, sorry.

Reactions: StrahmNoMore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread