Best single 18650 60+ watt box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I want amid that costs under $60, and can push up to 80w with a single 18650 (don't worry I am ordering a lot of them so I don't care if they drain fast.) I also want Temperature Control. I am looking at the ipv D3 TC and the sigelei 75w and the smok Xcube, which do you guys think is better or is there a better box mod in that price range out there for me?

Reactions: cj081283

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
No experience with it although its probably the smallest single battery mod currently available. Just be aware that you're only able to use 22mm attys on this mod (so I've heard), anything larger won't fit due to the elevated battery cap.

The Snow Wolf mini is what I have, my only single 18650 mod, fires up to 75 watts, TC, nice board. But its larger and heavier than the pico and there is slight button rattle.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
You could go with Joyetech's Evic VTC mini. It's a single 18650, 75watts and TC compatible with Ti, Ni and SS wires with a firm almost-no rattle firing button. I've even heard there's update where you can play flappy bird on screen! (so long firing button LOL)

Actually though, Smok has new single battery mod call the R-Steam Mini which can fire up to 80watts! Haven't found many reviews on it though. And it has a striking resemblance to the evic mini.

Attachments

• r-steam mini.jpg
    r-steam mini.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 304

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I've been using my iPV D3 for 4 months, 99% of the time in VW, and I adore it. My only issue with it, is the +, - buttons have a 2 sec delay when holding them down .. and when it gets going, it goes fast and then faster too quickly.
That sounds a little obnoxious but I could live with it. I am sort of considering that or the smok r-steam mini 80w TC

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Srry no code for you .
Been using a D2 for a few months now. The finish is a bit scratched inside the batt compartment from sliding the cover off and on a couple times a day, but the silicone sleeve protects the outer case just fine.
The res. numbers jump around as you vape(as they should imo.)
But the thing has given me nothing but joy. Had 3 buds get one too, no complaints. YMMV. Cheers.

Reactions: 52anddone

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Srry no code for you .
Been using a D2 for a few months now. The finish is a bit scratched inside the batt compartment from sliding the cover off and on a couple times a day, but the silicone sleeve protects the outer case just fine.
The res. numbers jump around as you vape(as they should imo.)
But the thing has given me nothing but joy. Had 3 buds get one too, no complaints. YMMV. Cheers.
This may be a stupid question, but why should the resistance numbers jump around? Is that an indication of poorly built coils or is variation normal for prebuilt coils and the resistance jumping around is an indication of a good sensor/chip?

I can get a d2 for $10 less than a d3 but it's only like 40 minutes of my time at work to earn that much so why not get the newer one?

Joshatdot

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Pacific North West
This may be a stupid question, but why should the resistance numbers jump around? Is that an indication of poorly built coils or is variation normal for prebuilt coils and the resistance jumping around is an indication of a good sensor/chip?

I can get a d2 for $10 less than a d3 but it's only like 40 minutes of my time at work to earn that much so why not get the newer one?
My builds go from 0.34~0.36 when vaping. They start out at 0.34, and as I use them for days/weeks, they go up to 0.36. I guessing from clean-clean wires, and they get darker from ejuice crud, and usage wear.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Within your price point and specs I've tried the Evic VTC, the Presa 75 and the Pico, I like them all, they are all working really well. I'm not so sure about single cell 80w devises though, I think 75 is a more believable top. The Presa and the evic have the same board and their issue sometimes is the anemic vape on TC, I know the fix but it's a pain to be unscrewing and screwing your mod from time to time. The Pico is working just great (keep in mind it's new and I've only had it for a week). The battery cap is in the way though but only if you have bigger attys

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
I have 1 IPVD3-battery life is great it just works every time

3 Sigelei 75 watt TC all 3 have been fantastic in power mode qa bit bigger than the D3 but battery life is great

Joyetech's Evic VTC mini battery's drain fast in mine but it does work fantastic just seems to keep plugging on

All are single cell and do the job they are supposed to

I prefer the sigelei 75 because for me it has just the right amount of weight for its size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread